Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 03:59 PM

9 posts, read 26,245 times

Advertisements

Any input on schools. We have 5 & 8 year old boys. We are going to visit in two weeks. Can you recommend any family communities w/ pool?
There are a few I found online. Caldwell station, Heritage green, Oakhurst,
How are the schools? We are looking for low 200's in housing.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Leebee

We are waiting to sell our home here on LI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 05:11 PM

11 posts, read 25,750 times
Hi Leebee,

Do you have a real estate agent here or on LI? I currently live in Charlotte, after living in Queens for 2 years. Half of Charlotte seems to be from NY now. I am an agent for Coldwell Banker United, Realtors. Send me an email at mbynes@cbunited.com if you would like to discuss working together.

If you go to www.cbunited.com/marybynes and look for homes, for each home you can click on the 'View school information' tab. It has great information on the schools in the area. Hope this helps.
Mary

Old 03-07-2007, 05:48 PM

85 posts, read 405,820 times
OMG ! Five other families followed you, egads!
I'd call that an invasion.
The very first thing I would do is get rid of that horrible NY accent.
If you find it difficult, try not speaking too much. Nothing is more grating on the ear than " you'se guys". You may not sound exactly like this but thats the image that pops in my mind whenever I encounter a NYorker.
Refrain from comparing Charlotte to NY...You have moved into a slice of heaven and forget you ever lived in the North.
If you refrain from being the typical overbearing yankee you will be accepted by locals..( unlike the North where they love to mock the average Southerner)
In the Meanwhile, good luck

Old 03-07-2007, 06:17 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff30329 View Post
If you find it difficult, try not speaking too much. Nothing is more grating on the ear than " you'se guys". You may not sound exactly like this but thats the image that pops in my mind whenever I encounter a NYorker.
Refrain from comparing Charlotte to NY...You have moved into a slice of heaven and forget you ever lived in the North.
If you refrain from being the typical overbearing yankee you will be accepted by locals..( unlike the North where they love to mock the average Southerner)
Guess this was an attempt at humor?

Old 03-07-2007, 06:19 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEBEE View Post
Any input on schools. We have 5 & 8 year old boys. We are going to visit in two weeks. Can you recommend any family communities w/ pool?
There are a few I found online. Caldwell station, Heritage green, Oakhurst,
How are the schools? We are looking for low 200's in housing.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Leebee

We are waiting to sell our home here on LI.
Those are both nice areas. You will have options in your price range. Send CharlotteAgent a pm, that's his territory and he is very helpful

Old 03-07-2007, 06:27 PM

58 posts, read 229,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duff30329 View Post
Hey yo, whats da problem wit da way we talk? Fughedaboutit!!!!! My wife cannot understand some people who talk with that beautiful southern accent. me? I hear it loud and clear and I would never compare Charlotte to NY. I lived in NY for 46 years and I am celebrating my 47th birthday in a brand new custom built home in Troutman and i am going to love it!!!!

Oh and by the way...the only time you would hear my NY accent come out is if I am offended or otherwise upset by someone. In the 6 years ive been coming to the Lake Norman area the only person that did that was my builder.........and after a visit from my cousin Carmine he was very nice to me..............................All in fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 07:11 PM

225 posts, read 835,437 times
I loved your response. Who said Yankees don't have a sense of humor! LOL

Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,168 times
I am thinking of moving to Union County within the next year. Which are the best school districts?

Old 03-07-2007, 08:26 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
As a realtor, I am not permitted to give my opinion on which schools are better or best. What I am allowed to do is direct you to where you can find that information. For school reports check http://www.ncreportcards.org/src/ then click on Union County for a listing of the schools. You may also want to look at http://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/ which is the county school site. Best of luck and let me know if I can help in any way

Old 03-09-2007, 07:32 AM

5 posts, read 13,106 times
Smile NC Sounds Great!!

Hi! I have been reading the Charlotte post for the last couple of days. My husband and I were originally thinking of moving from Florida to Marietta, GA (suburb of Atlanta) but now I am seriously thinking of checking NC first. It looks like Union County is the way to go but I'm not sure what area would be best for our family. My husband will most likely be requesting a transfer to his company's location in NC which is in West Charlotte (near the Charlotte Coliseum). I know he will have quite a commute but he currently commutes about 1.5 hours to work here in FL as it is. And I don't think it will be as bad as the commute from the suburbs into Atlanta, GA!! We have a 9-year old daughter so quality education is our top priority. Can anyone tell me if this is feasible for a PURCHASE price of $200K? I know that ASKING prices are usually listed higher in an attempt to give 'wiggle room'. We are only willing to actually pay around $200K. Is this realistic? If so, what neighborhood/subdivision. Thank you all so much & God Bless!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte