Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:02 PM

98 posts, read 816,008 times

Advertisements

slvrcts04 - see, this is why i beleive in talking about thingsand being honest. i never new anyone who ever felt the same way we do.

where did you live?

would you mind sharing some of your experiences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2006, 10:19 AM

98 posts, read 816,008 times
went to "aw shucks" last night with the baby (my 7 yr. old) & hubby and had a great time! it was a little far, but the haunted "field of screams" corn maze was worth it. you walk up this walk way to an area here you wait to get on the hay ride that takes you out to the biggining of the corn maze. while we waited we had hot dogs and warm pop corn. there is a general store which was adorable and other little booths to see. we putz around there until it was time to go. so we get on the tractor and road to the opening of the corn maze, i.e. "field of screams" we made it out alive and spent some time lasso-ing fake cattle and checked out this little club house thingy for kids. we went back to the gernal store, had a hot chocolate, hung out a little more and walked towards the car. on the way, we checked out thier "pumkin house", no biggie, and then headed back for the car. all in all we had a lot of laughs and until we find a better place to go, we will be going back once year as part of one of our yearly halloween traditions. (we didn't pick a pumkin 'cause it was (a) to dark to see an (b) we have a ton of 'em already)

happy trails!

PS: don't forget, the autumn festival is still going on in downtown waxhaw. it is really cute and quaint! the bounce bounce thingy is fun for the kids and the home made ice cream was my favorite! it will be open until 6pm today.

Old 10-15-2006, 11:39 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary06 View Post
NC2Stay,

I would like advice on areas to live. Looking to move in March and trying to decide on what area. Cant afford too close to city, but would like a bigger house anyways. Are there up and coming neighborhoods. I'm still in planning stage so do have some time. I going to be visiting area in Nov to get better idea and perhaps start talking to employers (for what its worth I am a MBS trader ). Thanks in advance on any advice,

Gary
What's an MBS trader? Do you work on any of the stock exchanges in NYC?

Old 10-15-2006, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,041 times
Smile You are incredible!!!!

Just wanted to say Thank you for all the info you have given about Union County and places to go, things to do, etc.
I am also planning on moving there, hopefully in the near future.
You are a really nice person to take the time out to inform us of all these things, must be the "Southern Hospitality thing", just kidding. You seem to be a genuinely nice person and I'm sure we all appreciate it.

Just wanted to ask if you know of any great things happening this comeing weekend, the weekend of the 20th. I will be in NC starting my pre-construction and wanted to know if you know anything to do with my 6 year old little girl.

NYNikki

Old 10-15-2006, 06:59 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
The ren. festival is going on its in N. Charlotte but you could almost spend an entire day there.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,041 times
Question thanks...

Hi Charlotteagent:
You said that the ren festival is going on, where is it and what is it???

Thanks,
nynikki

Old 10-15-2006, 09:43 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynikki View Post
Hi Charlotteagent:
You said that the ren festival is going on, where is it and what is it???

Thanks,
nynikki
Hi Google "CAROLINA RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL" and you will find all the info you need. This is a great event running through November. Welcome to Charlotte!

Old 10-16-2006, 08:18 AM

156 posts, read 710,896 times
Default Questions about taxes/etc

Hey I am also a former New Yorker, and currently living in South Florida possibly looking to relocate North. I was wondering on a house priced about $325,000, what can I expect to pay in home taxes, homeowners insurance, and possibly HOA fees in an area like The Reserve. Thanks so much for your assistance and help.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:26 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmy3grls View Post
Hey I am also a former New Yorker, and currently living in South Florida possibly looking to relocate North. I was wondering on a house priced about $325,000, what can I expect to pay in home taxes, homeowners insurance, and possibly HOA fees in an area like The Reserve. Thanks so much for your assistance and help.
I searche "The Reserve" on google and came up with 3 different areas in NC. Which one were you refering to?

Old 10-16-2006, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,515 times
Default NC2STAY it's JOFAC here...

NC2STAY...It's JOFAC, nicknamed by you as "Joan-of-Arc" from the ol' days at Trip Advisor. I saw your post out there and under NC2STAY and knew immediately it was you. So glad to hear all is well!!! I was wondering what happened to you? I just saw TOMSKATT's post and I had heard from Red a while ago and his family made the move last spring.
Our move is still pending...we were down in July for a week. We have really narrowed down our search and are between a couple of developments that are actually right around The Reserve. For us, we have to be certain we are not giving up to much career-wise up here in NJ. I laughed..looks like Bud41 was quick to shut down the thread you started...some things will never change

Last edited by jofac; 10-16-2006 at 09:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte