U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:28 AM

332 posts, read 867,660 times

Advertisements

Is There Any Subdivisions That Are In Ballantyne Were My Daugther Can Take Public Tarnsportation And Close Or Nearby Shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 09:43 AM

536 posts, read 1,542,469 times
Arrow Some info...

Belle Vista is a condo complex close to Ballantyne Village

Last edited by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz; 10-26-2007 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: changed url to Carolina home

Old 10-26-2007, 09:52 AM

382 posts, read 1,748,131 times
Not really. I don't think the city buses stop down there. I live in that area and I don't recall them. What kind of shopping are you looking for too? Ballantyne doesn't really have a lot of shopping to offer. A couple boutiques here and there.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 AM

well looking at ballantyne the shopping is good but i was looking for something in the line of southpark and now looking at cats transportation a bus will service that part of town in november.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:01 AM

536 posts, read 1,542,469 times
Question disagree!

Pinky... Well I must say, I am not sure about the bus either, but if it was to go anywhere in Ballantyne I think that and/or Stonecrest would be it.

Now as for the shopping, there are 8 or 9 retail outlets, 2 beauty shops, a dozen or so restaurants, a YMCA and movie theatre.

What are you expecting "Mall of America?"

Last edited by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz; 10-26-2007 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: whom I am addressing

Old 10-26-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
Well I must say, I am not sure about the bus either, but if it was to go anywhere in Ballantyne I think that and/or Stonecrest would be it.

Now as for the shopping, there are 8 or 9 retail outlets, 2 beauty shops, a dozen or so restaurants, a YMCA and movie theatre.

What are you expecting "Mall of America?"
LOL WELL SOMEONE DIDN'T HAVE THERE COFFEE THIS MORNING YOU HAVE A BLESS DAY

Old 10-26-2007, 10:06 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,588,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpocketbooks View Post
Not really. I don't think the city buses stop down there. I live in that area and I don't recall them. What kind of shopping are you looking for too? Ballantyne doesn't really have a lot of shopping to offer. A couple boutiques here and there.

While I would agree Stonecrest in Ballantyne doesn't offer a ton of shopping, it does have some good stores such as Barnes and Noble and Target. But it is important to note 1.5 miles down the road is Blakeney Crossing - if you have been there you would see there is no way you could say Ballantyne doesn't offer a lot in shopping. There is so much there you may never need to go to the malls again! There is even an Ann Taylor there - something you usually just see in a mall.

And yes, there are buses, but they do not come around every 10 minutes or anything. You would have to really study the bus schedule and do a bit of walking to get to a stop if you wanted to utilize them in this very suburban area.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:16 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,588,589 times
Default No shopping in Ballantyne????

Some other stores at Blakeney Commons:

Target
Harris Teeter
HUE Studio (the high-end hosiery, lingerie and fashion accessories company typically found in department stores)
Trysports (products related to aerobic exercise)
Harmony Salon, a recognized salon with the Aveda concept
Frame Warehouse, producers of custom picture frames
Acorn (a fashion boutique)
Francesca's Collection (women's high end fashion)
Old Navy
Banana Republic
Looby Loo (children’s boutique)
Carriage Cleaners

Restaurants: 131 Main, Brixx, Chili’s, Cold Stone Creamery, Coldwater Creek, Encore Café, Five Guys Famous Burgers & Fries and Starbucks.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:23 AM

509 posts, read 1,645,240 times
And Blakeney Greens is right across the street from Blakeney Commons, so easy access to shopping!

GT

Old 10-26-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Some other stores at Blakeney Commons:

Target
Harris Teeter
HUE Studio (the high-end hosiery, lingerie and fashion accessories company typically found in department stores)
Trysports (products related to aerobic exercise)
Harmony Salon, a recognized salon with the Aveda concept
Frame Warehouse, producers of custom picture frames
Acorn (a fashion boutique)
Francesca's Collection (women's high end fashion)
Old Navy
Banana Republic
Looby Loo (children’s boutique)
Carriage Cleaners

Restaurants: 131 Main, Brixx, Chili’s, Cold Stone Creamery, Coldwater Creek, Encore Café, Five Guys Famous Burgers & Fries and Starbucks.
thank you LM you always seem to give best answers with much detail and that the shopping i was talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte