U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:00 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,790,266 times

Advertisements

The security guards aren't needed where I live. Granted, some of the businesses in Fort Mill right next to I-77 have been robbed, but that is so easily accesible to Rock Hill and Charlotte and that's several miles from my house. If you tried to rob the Food Lion or Bi-lo near me, there are so many cops around that you probably wouldn't make it too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 09:47 AM

332 posts, read 867,435 times
me being a former security guard i can tell you the area have nothing to do about what retailers using security. it just to be proactive and deter just in case.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:49 PM

536 posts, read 1,542,091 times
Question drip, drip, drip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I lived closer to the airport than what most people consider technical "Steele Creek" and airplane noise was not an issue. Nations Fords is definitely not part of Steele Creek, but it's close. My thing is why would I want to pay Meck taxes in Steele Creek when I can be just as close to work in York County, pay 3% property tax (it was 4% but just went down), get cheaper gas, a "better" police department, and still have almost everything I need within a 5-10 min drive? If the rail tax gets repealed, your property tax will again go up. As stated in other threads, there is a security guard in the some of the grocery stores in Steele Creek, even at 49 and 160. This is something you see only when it's necessary; in other words, there have been problems there. That type of action is reactive and not proactive.

What's the water bill there?

Old 10-30-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
What's the water bill there?
It's not too bad for two people, but we conserve everything as much as possible, even if there is no drought. It's about $70 per month including sewer (about 50% water, 50% sewer, or pretty close to it). I had to pay $25 a month as my part of the subzidized water and garbage pickup at my apartment in Charlotte. Plus even though I have more sq feet in my house than in my apartment in Charlotte, my energy bill is about 25% less on average. I don't have garbage pickup, but I live about 1 mile from the convenience and recycling center (it's not the dump or landfill, just a place to drop it off), so that's free as I have to drive by there anyway.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:04 PM

182 posts, read 483,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
Diamond Girl licks Steele Creek ... sounds like some movie I watched!
Oooops, sorry!!!! I didn't notice. I mean LIKED.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:22 PM

396 posts, read 1,305,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
It's not too bad for two people, but we conserve everything as much as possible, even if there is no drought. It's about $70 per month including sewer (about 50% water, 50% sewer, or pretty close to it). I had to pay $25 a month as my part of the subzidized water and garbage pickup at my apartment in Charlotte. Plus even though I have more sq feet in my house than in my apartment in Charlotte, my energy bill is about 25% less on average. I don't have garbage pickup, but I live about 1 mile from the convenience and recycling center (it's not the dump or landfill, just a place to drop it off), so that's free as I have to drive by there anyway.
Wow... that seems a little high for water/sewer? Was that in Charlotte or in York County? Our bill for a 2500 sq feet home is consistently around $35, and that's for water for two adults & a child and sewer and trash pickup. We don't have inground irrigation, but we wash lots and lots of clothes... and lots of baths & showers.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:32 AM

255 posts, read 801,859 times
Last 3 water bills for me have been 7 dollars/month. Seems to be a flat fee it looks like, because I ran the sprinklers a few late July/August.

28278, Berewick.

That sure beats Indian Trail, where my water bill was 30-40 dollars a month! Of course garbage was free in Indian Trail and here it is 65 quartely. So I guess it all levels out...hehe

Old 10-31-2007, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3johnsons View Post
Wow... that seems a little high for water/sewer? Was that in Charlotte or in York County? Our bill for a 2500 sq feet home is consistently around $35, and that's for water for two adults & a child and sewer and trash pickup. We don't have inground irrigation, but we wash lots and lots of clothes... and lots of baths & showers.
Uninc. area of York Cty. But it really isnt much of a difference when you factor in that I was paying $25 a month for one person in a Charlotte apartment. Now it's $70 for 2 people in a house. How does sq footage relate to water use?

Old 10-31-2007, 07:22 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,882,299 times
My last water bill, from Charlotte City was $57 that was with 5 adults and one baby in the house, now it is back down to the two off us water bill will be back around the $20-$30 range

Old 10-31-2007, 11:16 AM

182 posts, read 750,171 times
Default Very Happy with Steele creek

I just closed on my new home in the Berewick community last Friday.
My husband and I researched North Carolina for over a year before making our decision to pack up and move.
We checked out several areas amd communities before deciding on Berewick and so far we love the community itself and the surrounding area.
Of course, we are in the "I absolutely love it" stage and I'm sure that will wear off and reality will settle in.
This community is full of young adults and families with babies- I kind of feel old at forty but happy with what we have experinced so far.
We are looking forward to meeting new people and being open minded to change and what our new life has to offer.
P.S.- last week, I think on Wed, one of the headlines in the Observor was "car break ins up 20%"- my husbands rental car was broken into that day and his wallet was stolen! Shame on him for leaving it in the vehicle to begin with, but the Homewood Suites was rude and not helpful at all and I would never suggest to anyone to stay there.
We have stayed there about 4 times over the last year and even with American Express calling on my husbands behalf, they would neither let him cash a personal check they were willing to back up nor would they except money being wired to them for him.
So if visiting the Steele Creek area, find somewhere else to stay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte