Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 09:33 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
I lived in The Crossings for the last eleven years and I've never heard of such a thing.
Glad you said it first, I didn't want to be accused of being a "pollyanna" again I cannot believe some of the stuff people post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 05:36 AM

396 posts, read 1,434,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawDad View Post
Do they still advise Steelcreek homeowners to use a strobe or certain color light on the front porch so the police know who dialed 911? They also used to post in our letter what colors the gangs were wearing.

I hope things have changed since we left. On the other hand, don't think that if you move to a nicer area that there is no crime.
I've lived in Chesapeake for four years, and this is news to me (and I attend HOA meetings and the neighborhood watch meetings).

Old 12-07-2007, 11:41 PM

248 posts, read 747,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Where in Steel Creek did you buy?
We bought in Waterlyn with Davis homes. Nice looking houses. Regent is also in there.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:10 AM

20 posts, read 28,021 times
Yes, WaxhawDad is married to WaxhawMom. I left the site up on my computer and he started getting interested.

What he said is true, however. The STEELCROFT newsletter in the winter of 2001 specifically stated those things. See if you can get a copy, or talk to the police. I am sure if they were working the area back then it will be a VIVID memory. I know it is for me.

Just because you "never heard of such a thing" doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:16 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by innercity51 View Post
I live in Steele Creek and I love it. convenient to everything. Still a little country.
So is my neighborhood...and I prefer it much better to Steele Creek. There are none of the "issues" discussed in this thread that have happened.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:50 AM

3 posts, read 8,163 times
Keep in mind that being in a "nicer area" does not mean they do not have the same kind of problems.

We live in an "upscale" neighborhood and there is crime quite often, teens doing teen things, etc.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:05 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Quote:
The STEELCROFT newsletter in the winter of 2001 specifically stated those things.
What you say occured six years ago is not happening now. As you know, no area is immune to crime. You moved from Steele Creek to upscale neighborhood where crime happens "quite often".

Old 12-17-2007, 07:09 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Crime is everywhere! My friend that lives in Ballantyne, YES I said Ballantyne, not only had her car broken into, but they smashed all 4 of her windows.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:45 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Steele Creek is not bad at all. I live Uptown but work in Fort Mill, SC & sometimes our Ballantyne Office. If I had to move to the burbs to be close to work, I would choose either Steele Creek or Pineville. Steele Creek has boomed over the last few years. Pineville boomed 10-15 years ago. Steele Creek is an easy commute Uptown too. You can either come up I-77 or South Tryon St.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:55 AM

2 posts, read 8,264 times
Hi Contreras-21! I just registered as a new member of this forum and have been reading many posts. My husband and I have been contemplating a move to the Charlotte area for years now. The only thing stopping us was that our kids were still in school. Now we're serious. Our son just started his second year of college and our daughter is a senior in high school, so we're free to move during the summer of 2009.

I've been doing a lot of research for the past few years and have visited the area twice. Our real estate agent has brought us to many different communities near Lake Wylie, which is where we would ultimately like to settle.

The reason I'm emailing you is because I found a home floorplan that I love and the builder, McCar Homes, has homes in Berewick. Berewick is currently the community I'm leaning towards and thought you could fill me in on the positives/negatives since you've been there for about a year now.

What I'm mainly interested in knowing is how far from lake access it is, but anything you can tell me would be fantastic.

My husband, daughter, and I will be there once again from November 2-5 touring with our real estate agent and trying to narrow our search down to 3 communities. Also, I'd like to stay in the area -- is there a decent hotel around Berewick?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte