Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:10 PM

355 posts, read 992,469 times

Advertisements

i know this issue is worn out but can someone tell me why is steele creek so bad because i narrowed my choices to steele creek and matthews. i will be relocated to the charlotte area in march. so please give your honest answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 01:14 PM

33 posts, read 31,170 times
Steele Creek is actually an esteemed place to live. The location and amenities cant be beat..The only issue I can think of is some of the surrounding areas are a little undesireable. Some areas around Nations Ford Rd, Tryon, West Blvd are pretty close-by. Crime from these areas can spill-over into the area. As a whole, Steele Creek is still a nice place to live. I dont know what your idea of bad is? Clarify that so we can help you out more...

Old 10-29-2007, 01:27 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentricbeethoven View Post
i know this issue is worn out but can someone tell me why is steele creek so bad because i narrowed my choices to steele creek and matthews. i will be relocated to the charlotte area in march. so please give your honest answers.
Can I ask you a question? WHO is telling you Steele Creek is bad? The title of this thread alarms me because others reading for the first time might think this is a common belief - which it is not.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:28 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKITNC View Post
Steele Creek is actually an esteemed place to live. The location and amenities cant be beat..The only issue I can think of is some of the surrounding areas are a little undesireable. Some areas around Nations Ford Rd, Tryon, West Blvd are pretty close-by. Crime from these areas can spill-over into the area. As a whole, Steele Creek is still a nice place to live. I dont know what your idea of bad is? Clarify that so we can help you out more...
This is really all I've been trying to say.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:29 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
This is really all I've been trying to say.
yay!!! A consensus!!! We all agree

Old 10-29-2007, 01:36 PM

255 posts, read 885,174 times
I have lived in both.

It all depends on where you work. Both areas are really nice.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:38 PM

396 posts, read 1,434,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Can I ask you a question? WHO is telling you Steele Creek is bad? The title of this thread alarms me because others reading for the first time might think this is a common belief - which it is not.
When I saw the heading, I thought, "Oh, no--- here we go again...." eccentric, in the future, you might want to be a little more careful in the way you word your headings.

Also, there are tons and tons of posts on Steele Creek here. Instead of posting this question, it would have been better for you to read through the volumes of info that's been communicated here first by a variety of posters and viewpoints. If you'll do a quick search, I think all the questions you have can be answered by reading what's already here. Not trying to pick on you, but this is one topic that has almost been exhausted (in my opinion).

Old 10-29-2007, 01:50 PM

755 posts, read 2,492,208 times
I've lived happily in Steele Creek for the last ten years. I think it's a great location for anyone commuting uptown because you don't have to mess with 485 at all. All of the development over the past couple of years (Ayrsley and Rivergate) has just made living there all the more convenient.

You also get a lot of bang for your buck housing-wise.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:22 PM

182 posts, read 554,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKITNC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I know, because I licked the area when I visited also. So I hope this isn't the case.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:30 PM

536 posts, read 1,692,958 times
Thumbs up ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl View Post
I know, because I licked the area when I visited also. So I hope this isn't the case.
Diamond Girl licks Steele Creek ... sounds like some movie I watched!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte