U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:40 AM

575 posts, read 1,350,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
me too I love my 21.00 gas bill... and trust me I was so hoping to keep it off also but dd's room gets real cold and she is getting over being sick
Hey berry, I think that your 21.00 gas bill competes with Ralph Kramdens .38 electric bill back in the fifties! Maybe Geiko can do a commerical incorporating both of yours thrifty ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 10:46 AM

13,819 posts, read 25,129,670 times
LOL...the thread caught my attention as I was going elsewhere. We also put the heat on for the first time last night! I think that's a record for the longest we ever waited, as it's been unseasonably (and pleasantly) warm in upstate NY this year (records were set in past 2 weeks.) Global warming?

Old 10-30-2007, 10:52 AM

41 posts, read 166,941 times
Default its still summer here

got up this morning sunshine 72 weather great looks like mid 80 today good day for boating second taught about moving to nc hate cold live in nj now ft myers fl

Old 10-30-2007, 11:21 AM

1,166 posts, read 3,543,846 times
We usually put the heat on for one night about this time just to be sure that all is well with the system. When it gets colder the heating companies will be swamped with calls. We live in an old house - maybe this isn't necessary in new houses.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:50 PM

246 posts, read 502,338 times
I'm the exact opposite from most - the heat doesn't bother me much but I can't stand the cold! I keep the house around 77 in the summer, and 71/72 in the winter is about my limit - even then I have to walk around with socks!

Old 10-30-2007, 01:30 PM

1,852 posts, read 4,666,916 times
I was a bit chilly this morning, but mostly it sucked getting out of the shower. I will try and last through this little spell.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:38 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,758,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
Hey berry, I think that your 21.00 gas bill competes with Ralph Kramdens .38 electric bill back in the fifties! Maybe Geiko can do a commerical incorporating both of yours thrifty ways.
Holy crap u are so funny...lol..everything is electric so what can I say with my 21.00 gas bill I will keep you informed as it gets higher...

Old 10-30-2007, 02:02 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,766,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBGNCSU05 View Post
I'm the exact opposite from most - the heat doesn't bother me much but I can't stand the cold! I keep the house around 77 in the summer, and 71/72 in the winter is about my limit - even then I have to walk around with socks!
That's about what I do. The ceiling fans go on low/reverse when the heat goes on too to save energy.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,865,387 times
Quote:
Holy crap u are so funny...lol..everything is electric so what can I say with my 21.00 gas bill I will keep you informed as it gets higher...

$21 gas bill, mine is $26

I do however cook with gas and have a gas water heater.

Oh and tip #3 from piedmont gas

Put on your favorite sweater and set your thermostats between 65 and 68 degrees during the winter. For sleep hours, set the temperature at least 5 degrees lower and add a cozy blanket to your bed. When away from home for more than a few hours, set your thermostat at 58 degrees. (Warmer temperatures are recommended for homes with ill or elderly persons or infants).

Old 10-30-2007, 04:17 PM

182 posts, read 482,570 times
Quote:
BRRRR its cold in the morning. We actually put the heat on and will shut it off after we get up in the morning but I couldnt beileve it.however though it did get beautiful as the day progressed. I love this high 60's low 70's.

this week they are predicting in the 70's and 74 for halloween, wont the kids be happy.
Wow, wooooooooowwww. See that's the one thing I'm actually going to be afraid of is the cold. See right now in sunny South FL, it is 85 degree, a little windy but that's it. I guess I've grown accustomed to 83 degree Christmas'. How cold is COLD? And which months are the coldest. We visited last thanksgiving and it was 34 degrees. When I say I thought I would freeze to death, I'm serious. My husband a Chicago native, just laughed at me, and said and you REALLY want to move to Charlotte, LOL. The answer is yes!!! I'll adapt, although it is one of the cons of my move. But at least I can dress warm, because when you're hot, you are just HOT.

Quote:
me too I love my 21.00 gas bill... and trust me I was so hoping to keep it off also but dd's room gets real cold and she is getting over being sick
Speaking of gas, what is the average amount of your bill in the dead of winter. My sister who lives in Atlanta said last year she had a bill of $400.00. I surely HOPE that isn't the case. Of course in FL, we have no need for gas heat, but electric heat, can be sort of costly also. We we run the heat, our bill has risen to the most $195.00, that's more like a summer month bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte