U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 04:52 PM

380 posts, read 1,616,505 times

Advertisements

I will need to get a new cell phone company when I move down there. I wanted advice on which cell phone has the best signal down there. I have been so unhappy with mine because it doesn't work at my job, at my son's school and so many other places. I don't want to make a mistake again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 04:52 PM

396 posts, read 1,305,401 times
I have Verizon and have been happy with it. I have signal anywhere I've been around Mecklenburg County (and down into SC, for that matter).

Old 10-30-2007, 05:14 PM

3,662 posts, read 8,682,292 times
Second that. Been with Verizon for 7 years and it only keeps getting better. I love being able to drive down the interstate using the internet (BB hooked up to laptop)...of course I'm not driving when I do this! DW is...

Old 10-30-2007, 06:35 PM

380 posts, read 1,616,505 times
Verizon it is! I also have heard good things about them up here in Ohio. Thanks!!

Old 10-30-2007, 06:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,600,696 times
That is who I use I think I am on my third phone since they replace my phone every 2 years for free.

I rarely in the six years had any problems.

I love the coverage if you cannot get a digital signal you will get an analog signal so I never had a drop call. I only have a few fuzzy sounding calls in the valley's of the foothills west of here but that is it. I love that I had a clear call on Ocracoke Island a place I didnt think I would.

You gotta watch out for the great features they offer or they can run up a phone bill like text messaging , v cast, etc.

Before Christmas they are suppose to release their new phone that will make the Iphone seem like nothing. It works on same principal but a feature I phone does not have is actual keypad.

I have never had a bad experience with customer service in their stores or phone support. A few weeks ago I had issue with spam email coming in on my text message and their is no way to block that without cutting off text message so I was given a new phone number so do not give that email out to nobody but family.
I only use that feature in case I cannot find where I place my phone in the house and will email my phone so it will buzz. But it is your phone number @vtext.com

The calls to other Verizon phones is unlimited plus nights and weekends to anyone else.

They just remodeled the Verizon store in Huntersville and I am not sure if I like it. When you enter the store they have this computer you sign in on and tell it if you want tech support, customer support or sales and you are cue on this wide screen TV til it your turn with what department you want.

We cannot wait til you move here .. Time for you to head south it getting cold LOL.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:33 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,963,954 times
Another vote for Verizon.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:55 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,555,013 times
Make that another vote for Verizon -- and believe me, I do a lot of traveling around. There is one dead spot on Weddington Road, but considering how much driving around I do, that is a good thing...

Old 10-30-2007, 08:24 PM

316 posts, read 289,686 times
Verizon - too! We had sprint for years until we moved back - I could not get a signal at my house - I live about 3 miles from 77 -

Old 10-30-2007, 08:49 PM

285 posts, read 917,705 times
I'll vote against Sprint. Alot of dead spots in the York County/Fort Mill area. Will be changing once I figure out what to do about my contract.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:19 PM

138 posts, read 373,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortMillBound View Post
I'll vote against Sprint. Alot of dead spots in the York County/Fort Mill area. Will be changing once I figure out what to do about my contract.
I echo that sentiment. I moved down with Sprint, and live in Union/Waxhaw area, and service is spotty at best. 1st chance i get - switching to Verizon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte