Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 04:30 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times

Advertisements

Looks like the governor is going to be saying yes sir and no sir whether he wants to or not now...to Mr Fox....I figure the state needs deals with the federal transportation department .We talking big money that mccory wants and Fox holds the purse strings,,,Oh Hahaaahahhhaayuk ukOf course Obama doesnt have that much longer in office and Fox best not plan to stay there after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 04:36 PM

241 posts, read 303,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
I would say he was successful at being a politician!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is very true. Too bad being a successful politician doesn't neccessarily mean that anything of value has been accomplished.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:36 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,126,398 times
This could add some strife to the states desired airport acquisition.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:17 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Sigurdsson View Post
This is the most insane thing I have read in a long time. There is nothing that qualifies Fox for this position. He couldn't even handle his own transportation issues in Charlotte. Does Obama plan to staff every position with incompetent, unsuccessful friends.
OK, before the Foxx-haters sends this thread 20 pages deep; here's a little history. The last time a person from NC held this job was Elizabeth Dole. Dole was Transportation Secretary under Reagan and Labor Secretary under George Bush Sr. She really wasn't experienced at either role, but she was kinda cute and she was married to a man (Bob Dole) that many people thought would/should become president. In short, Foxx got his job the same way that others before him got it, so give the man a break. He is young, good looking, had a successful DNC (one that boosted Obama's approval rating BTW), and most importantly he's black.

One more thing, the Foxx haters wanted him out of Charlotte. Y'all are about to get your wish; happy now?

There could be more to this....
Steven Chu (the current Energy Secretary) announced his resignation a few months ago (around the same time that Duke Energy's CEO Jim Rogers called it quits). It wouldn't surprise me at all if Rogers ends up being the next Energy Secretary (assuming that one hasn't been picked yet). I seriously doubt that Duke Energy's $10 million "gift" to the DNC won't result in "somebody's" promotion. For the record, Rogers's name is already on a short list of candidates for the job. $10 million says that Rogers will be hired. LOL
http://www.nationaljournal.com/energ...n-chu-20130118

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 04-28-2013 at 05:42 PM..

Old 04-28-2013, 05:40 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
One more thing, the Foxx haters wanted him out of Charlotte. Y'all are about to get your wish; happy now?
In regards to Foxx, the US Senate has to first confirm him for the job. They stopped Suzan Rice from becoming Secretary of State. IMO, Obama picked Foxx because he hasn't accomplished anything and thus, it isn't likely the senate will object to something he's done.

Obama was embarrased this week when another of his appointments had to withdraw.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
In regards to Foxx, the US Senate has to first confirm him for the job. They stopped Suzan Rice from becoming Secretary of State. IMO, Obama picked Foxx because he hasn't accomplished anything and thus, it isn't likely the senate will object to something he's done.

Obama was embarrased this week when another of his appointments had to withdraw.
True, it's all about politics. With this comes the duty of finding someone with little to no "dirt". Foxx is "clean" for the most part. He's also a family man with a good looking family. Also, Obama has been a fan of ambitious African American Charlotte mayors for quite sometime now.

http://dilemmaxdotnet.files.wordpres...bama-gantt.jpg

Though Gantt lost that race to Helms, young Obama was watching. This city and this state's politics is not new to Obama so the Foxx pick is not a surprise. As for Energy Sec., Jim Rogers is not only qualified but his company wrote the Dems a blank check. IMO, Energy Sec. is Jim's job unless he simply says "no thanks Mr. President".

Old 04-28-2013, 05:55 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
People wanted Foxx gone but they wanted him to crash and burn... instead he is moving up to the big leagues. LOL...

Old 04-28-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Looks like the governor is going to be saying yes sir and no sir whether he wants to or not now...to Mr Fox....I figure the state needs deals with the federal transportation department .We talking big money that mccory wants and Fox holds the purse strings,,,Oh Hahaaahahhhaayuk ....
The Administrative Branch of the government does not provide funding. This comes from the Legislative Branch (congress). When congress appropriates money for transportation projects it's always for specific projects. I doubt that McCrory & Foxx will have any contact.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
...... As for Energy Sec., Jim Rogers is not only qualified but his company wrote the Dems a blank check. IMO, Energy Sec. is Jim's job unless he simply says "no thanks Mr. President".
I'm not sure where Energy Sec came from in your response to me. I was talking about the Ambassador to France. I will say, Obama sure knows how to pick them. LOL.

Marc Lasry: Obama's pick for ambassador to France 'turned down the job because of his ties to a $100 million illegal poker and money-laundering ring' | Mail Online

Old 04-28-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I'm not sure where Energy Sec came from in your response to me. I was talking about the Ambassador to France. I will say, Obama sure knows how to pick them. LOL.

Marc Lasry: Obama's pick for ambassador to France 'turned down the job because of his ties to a $100 million illegal poker and money-laundering ring' | Mail Online
Sorry, my post about Jim Rogers had nothing to do with your post. I was simply pointing out how Obama's top choices have a DNC-city connection. It's all about politics. IMHO, Transportation Sec Foxx (maybe) and Governor McCrory can only help Charlotte's future goals. It's very difficult to grow a city when officials in high places don't (a) know your name, (b) don't know where you're located, and (c) don't understand your politics and business climate. Charlotte doesn't have that problem with Obama, McCrory, Foxx, and Rogers in high places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte