Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 01:05 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Actually he was a member for city council for 2 terms before running for mayor. The Charlotte mayor position isn't a full time position. Foxx is an employee of a company that builds buses which is located here in CLT. Maybe this is the justification for making him the head of the United States' transportation system.
That what I figure when the it was just speculation on him getting this position. Foxx being Deputy General Counsel for Design Line Co. the maker of hybrid buses like the airport shuttle, I think is a probable reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 01:20 PM

162 posts, read 217,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
That what I figure when the it was just speculation on him getting this position. Foxx being Deputy General Counsel for Design Line Co. the maker of hybrid buses like the airport shuttle, I think is a probable reason.
That sounds like a conflict of interest. I know it kinda satisifies the green parties ... but I didn't hear a huge outcry for the bus being a hybrid bus [nor did I hear a massive improvement justification for it].

Old 04-29-2013, 02:02 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,388,507 times
Rucho is already making a wish list for Foxx and ready to get his paws on some money. Hopefully his wish list will be filed right beside Foxx's wishlist for McCrory.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:26 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Sigurdsson View Post
He did the same with me. That is typical behavior for a liberal. If intelligence can't be used to make a point or disprove someone, scream "Racism!" It makes them feel better.
When did I call you a racist? Please show me a post? I'll wait... but you can't.

This is the typical playbook for one who plays the "liberal" card. you have no problem calling Obama's election win racism but once I challenge you on it you think I'm calling you a racist.

It's been my experience that those who claim to be called a racist under such circumstances are telling on themselves.

nice try... but it's obvious I have been in hear defending Foxx's hire as politics as usual.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,122 times
Goes to show us how badly our country is being managed. Headline should read, Incompetent hires incompetent to lead failing department - let the good times roll baby! Now, if we can only get a wackjob like Maxine Waters or John McCain in charge of the Department of Social Services, we're home free.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
He who holds to gold... rules.
This would be congress. Secretary of Transportation has to operate within the guidelines that congress lays down for operations.

For example, the current Secretary of Transportation was not able to address the flight controller issue because congress laid down rules that did not allow for that. It took congress action to get it changed.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,388,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
This would be congress. Secretary of Transportation has to operate within the guidelines that congress lays down for operations.

For example, the current Secretary of Transportation was not able to address the flight controller issue because congress laid down rules that did not allow for that. It took congress action to get it changed.

Are you done trying to downplay Foxx's new position? Foxx will have a lot of political power.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:28 PM

241 posts, read 303,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
10 mill is like 10 cents to Duke... they will be fine.
I am not talking about Duke Energy losing the money. I said "stock holders." They are paying millions that the DNC lost. Like the poor people lost when the stadium convention fell through due to stupidity and poor planning. Yep, good job Foxx.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:41 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,968,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Are you done trying to downplay Foxx's new position? Foxx will have a lot of political power.
I was stating fact and I said nothing about political power. Political appointees have no power beyond that authorized by the congress and US president.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 PM

23,812 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Sigurdsson View Post
I am not talking about Duke Energy losing the money. I said "stock holders." They are paying millions that the DNC lost. Like the poor people lost when the stadium convention fell through due to stupidity and poor planning. Yep, good job Foxx.
Are you blaming Foxx for thunderstorms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte