Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 08:52 PM

985 posts, read 1,901,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingLItoNC View Post
Thanks Mewith3

We are looking for a neighborhood with lots to offer for a relocating family. I have 3 children and hope we can find a community where they can meet new kids and make friends. "Must haves" for the community would be pool, tennis courts, playground. I'm hoping the communtiy has different get togethers and activities each month too. My children will all be in St. Matthews so I would like something close to the school. Any suggestions??
This is what I know, my friends who moved into Weddington Chase absolutely loved that within hours of moving in kids came and rang the doorbell to tell the new kids what night of the week they got together to play night games outside. It's a very friendly neighborhood I feel. Every time i have been in there there are people outside doing stuff. My kids have friends there and i seem to be in there quite a bit

I do know many poepl use their sand volleyball court to play an there are get togethers in many of the neighborhoods, I know of 3 groups in Weddington Chase that get together for evening of cards, bunco or whatever.

I don't know many kids in Union county that go to St. Matthews but that's because we go to the public school. I will say Holy Trinity is a good school but a haul from UC. It is a good school though but I know even less that make are willing to make that commute.

All of the neighborhoods you mention have the pool, the playgrounds, and tennis courts.

My one daughter has a couple friends in Providence Downs, it's nice too. I don't see as many kids/people outside when I am in there as Weddington Chase. Mind you this is just my observations. But my one child went trick-or-treating in there with a fairly large group.

Marvin Creek, I don't know about this one. My kids love the pool, but it has a lazy river around it. My oldest's best friend lives there. No one is ever outside there it seems to me. People are out using the tennis courts and pool, they have a nice workout room in the clubhouse. However, it is close to St Matthews, the closest of your neighborhoods listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 11:41 AM

309 posts, read 766,090 times
What is your price point? As a previous poster mentioned, Marvin Creek houses were all built by Toll Brothers and are a few models with some variations in size and outer appearance. Weddington Chase is J. Weiland with more variation in appearance so it doesn't look as "cookie-cutter." Providence Downs is a custom builder community, and is more expensive if you look at averages.

There are plenty of kids in all three developments. Overall, I don't think I see the kind of "playing outside" I remember from back north. That being said, I think a large number of kids in all three developments probably are involved in "activities" beyond their neighborhoods that could be why you don't see random playing after school and on weekends.

I know there are tons of kids playing soccer, football, baseball, etc. through WCWAA.

Also, we've heard a rumor that WC will be rezoned for Cuthbertson. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Old 05-01-2013, 01:28 PM

5,456 posts, read 6,047,094 times
My sources say no reassignments on the Union County school horizon. The WC reassignment comes up every so often because they are precisely between three attendance zones, WHS, CHS and MRHS. If I was a gambler based on the current enrollment at each of those high schools, and the projected enrollment over the next 5 years, I'd bet WHS would be the most logical choice IF WC WERE TO BE REASSIGNED.

Last edited by getatag; 05-01-2013 at 02:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte