Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 01:06 PM

239 posts, read 376,701 times

Advertisements

@ CTLMARK. I think we are trying to understand why its such a big deal to you when the video was out BEFORE Charlotte was selected as a FINALIST.
That means, even with the video, Charlotte STILL was selected as a finalists.

And have you noticed that YOU are the only one claiming the video painted Charlotte in a not so great way?????

And the X-games committee could CARE LESS about a video. please understand that.
That look at LOCATION, ACCESS, and they COME TO VISIT THE AREA TO CHECK IT OUT FOR THEMSELVES.

you think the Olympic Committee sits and watching videos of cities all day, and then just choses the best video to hold that Olympics in that city??? lol

Same thing...something like this big of an event, the Committee could care less about a video....heck, the powers that be probably havent even seen the video. They have other things on their mind as to why to invest their time and energy of the X-games in a particular city that a video submitted online/mail/etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 01:57 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
I thought the bid would be stronger if the city was involved but the more I think about it I don't think it really matters. I think filming the X Games is more important to ESPN than having an urban experience and foot traffic out the whazoo.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:28 AM

985 posts, read 1,901,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
Oh really? Which one?
I can't remember which one, but my daughters best friends dad is part of the move the mom told me the whole story the other day. They were just about to put an offer on the house all the paperwork had just been signed to make it a done deal.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 AM

209 posts, read 461,717 times
Wells Fargo hasn't moved anything from Charlotte to Texas. Or there was no article about it, which would be strange.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:15 AM

985 posts, read 1,901,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia2012 View Post
Wells Fargo hasn't moved anything from Charlotte to Texas. Or there was no article about it, which would be strange.
well, they are really upset to be moving back, and she said the whole group has to move back, they have been here for 6 years. And Wells Fargo just gave them the go ahead and signed off on all the move papers, 2 days ago they put in an offer on a house.

They don't want to go, they have twin girls who are freshmen in the fall. They prefer here to there, but don't really have a choice unless he leaves that group.

So Wells Fargo did not make an announcement, I don't think the family is making it up

Old 06-11-2013, 06:06 AM

109 posts, read 200,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartwell35 View Post
@ CTLMARK. I think we are trying to understand why its such a big deal to you when the video was out BEFORE Charlotte was selected as a FINALIST.
That means, even with the video, Charlotte STILL was selected as a finalists.

And have you noticed that YOU are the only one claiming the video painted Charlotte in a not so great way?????

And the X-games committee could CARE LESS about a video. please understand that.
That look at LOCATION, ACCESS, and they COME TO VISIT THE AREA TO CHECK IT OUT FOR THEMSELVES.

you think the Olympic Committee sits and watching videos of cities all day, and then just choses the best video to hold that Olympics in that city??? lol

Same thing...something like this big of an event, the Committee could care less about a video....heck, the powers that be probably havent even seen the video. They have other things on their mind as to why to invest their time and energy of the X-games in a particular city that a video submitted online/mail/etc.
What are you talking about?

The official bid video came out after we were selected as a finalist. All finalists were to make the video once they were selected. Again - the finalist selections were based on proposals and not official formalized bids.

As a case in point - Charlotte's video was forced to be removed as they slapped it together (the beginning) with scenes of other cities bid videos.

You also seem to keep arguing that my point is based on teh video alone. It's not. The video was just the rotten cherry on the bad cake.

What I have been arguing is that the bid as a whole as focused solely at the CMS complex with a Charlotte label slapped on it - well, sucks.

I get you are in favor of it. I get it. But the games are not coming here. Nor will they ever be - if its a CMS complex only bid.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:07 AM

209 posts, read 461,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewith3 View Post
So Wells Fargo did not make an announcement, I don't think the family is making it up
Until you can provide proof, I don't buy it. Something like that doesn't receive no public attention.

Wells Fargo doesn't have that many "hubs" in Charlotte, none of which came from Texas. Either these people are highly misinformed, or you're making it up.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia2012 View Post
Until you can provide proof, I don't buy it. Something like that doesn't receive no public attention.

Wells Fargo doesn't have that many "hubs" in Charlotte, none of which came from Texas. Either these people are highly misinformed, or you're making it up.
OR this is a PERSONAL or DEPARTMENTAL transfer or downsize, instead of a "ALL OF WELLS FARGO" type of situation

Old 06-11-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTMark View Post
What are you talking about?

The official bid video came out after we were selected as a finalist. All finalists were to make the video once they were selected. Again - the finalist selections were based on proposals and not official formalized bids.

As a case in point - Charlotte's video was forced to be removed as they slapped it together (the beginning) with scenes of other cities bid videos.

You also seem to keep arguing that my point is based on teh video alone. It's not. The video was just the rotten cherry on the bad cake.

What I have been arguing is that the bid as a whole as focused solely at the CMS complex with a Charlotte label slapped on it - well, sucks.

I get you are in favor of it. I get it. But the games are not coming here. Nor will they ever be - if its a CMS complex only bid.

So can you tell us why you are so staunchly opposed to it?
Its one thing to say "I really dont think Charlotte would be chosen".
Its another thing to say "CHARLOTTE AINT GONNA GET IT".

That speaks of a different mood and mindset, and some type of personal vendetta that you have regarding this...so I ask, what is it????

Are you mad at the fact that if the region got the games, it wouldnt TECHNICALLY be inside of the Charlotte city limits? is that it??

Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM

109 posts, read 200,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartwell35 View Post
So can you tell us why you are so staunchly opposed to it?
For the record - You are twisting my position as being staunchly opposed to Charlotte getting the games which is both untrue and kinda B.S.

I have explained my issue with the CMS bid multiple times in multiple responses. Feel free to disagree, take offense as many of you seem to have done, or try to have issues with my statements beyond my opinion - but that's where I'll leave it.

I'll guess we'll find out when the host is chosen. pretty sure my statements will speak for themselves at the end of the day when CMS (not Charlotte) loses the bid.

Peace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte