U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 05:07 AM

6 posts, read 33,479 times

Advertisements

not true---out of the thousands they hire 99 percent make little or nothing---pyramid hiring scam-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 02:04 PM

763 posts, read 644,384 times
Just kill that annoying duck.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,012 times
I just set up an interview with AFLAC, for an agent. I have read the information that has been posted on here but I am very leery about taking this job. I am a single mother and I live in Clarksville, TN and I barely know anyone here. Clarksville in right on an Army base and everyone here, most likely, has insurance through the Army. I am curious to find out if I would be wasting my time away from my daughter and money on this career. I do not have any sales experience at all but I am desperate to start working. I've never really worked in sales before but I as long as I am working for a company that truly helps people and I will be able to make enough to support my daughter, I would be happy to take the job. I have daycare costs, housing costs and everything a normal single parent has to pay so this is just really a tough decision. Would I be making a mistake if I choose to take this job? Would I be losing money? Like I said I am desperate and I need to work but I also need to make enough money to support my baby so I can't afford to be away from my daughter for a job that will not help us in return.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:32 PM

6 posts, read 15,043 times
I see that I'm a little late for many of you asking about Aflac careers. I have been with Aflac for many years and it has been a great career. I've worked very hard, taken care of people, managed others, made a good living, enjoyed many trips, and can feel proud every night when I lay down to go to sleep that I've helped make someone else's life a bit happier that day. This career is not for everyone. In the best scenario...you're in business for yourself and have the support of your leadership team to help you succeed. It is not for the desperate...not for those who need the every day structure of a typical job, and not for those who immediately look to blame others for lack of success. I would recommend going to an interview if you 're invited and really talk to the people who would lead you. Be a grown up and get the facts...make up your own mind if it's right for you...then don't let anything hold you back.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:05 PM

8 posts, read 24,823 times
Talking This is easy compared to what I used to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
AFLAC, the view from the other side.

I was in my local gun shop the other day, a pretty manly place, camo, jeans, and such, and noticed this mousy little guy in black suit and narrow black tie perusing the ladies t-shirts.

When the place got a little quiet, he approached the guy behind the counter, and started his script. "Won't cost you a cent," "Great employee benefits," "Retain key employees" etc, etc, etc.

He was dismissed rather rudely, when he finally said he was from AFLAC, after a long long time and the owner stated he bought AFLAC from his brother in law, and that why in the world did AFLAC send in someone different to bother him daily.

I used to work in another level of insurance, and we called these guys, "white shoes Johnsons." I really felt sorry for this poor guy since he had no sales rap, just was saying the words, and looking very very uncomfortable in doing so.

If you are not a dynamite sales guy, or have any qualms about talking face to face with strangers in a not necessarily "friendly" environment, since AFLAC is about pure, unadulterated sales, I would run from this opportunity.

If you have the gift for sales (and I know I do not) then you can do quite well, though market saturation would remain a huge concern.

Good Luck.

lln
I used to be an animal control officer. I have had knives pulled and rifles and shotguns in my face so this will really be a piece of cake. If I can talk a person into putting his knife or gun down then I think I can sell Insurance don't you????

Old 05-30-2012, 05:41 PM

Don't Tell me you would rather have Jaws as the mascot?
Or the Aliens in Independence day? I have to admit the critters in I Day
Wound get the peoples attention. But one of them saying Aflac I just don't
think that would work ya know? Just kidding But hey Maybe. NAH

Old 06-27-2012, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 3,855 times
My question is to those of you who left Aflac. What are you doing now? I'm in the same boat as many have said. Bad manager who has too many agents, saturated market, and terrible training. I'm ready to get out so what do you do now?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,932 times
going in for my 2nd interview tomorrw. some of the things im reading look positive. i dont ever expect anything to be easy at first. be positive and learn. if you go into it thinking your going to have a mansion someday because your selling insurance or anything else you wont last. im going to ask him the same thing i asked him at the first interview, how do i learn how to make money at this ! i actually have a positive attitude so far. they put you thru the class and have sombody train you and split commision. the only thing about the interview i didnt like is when he quoted a dollar amount that i could expect to earn the first yr. you dont have to sell me on it! 55 the first yr! I woudnt bet the farm on it. 20 maybe. then much better the second yr. probably much better. Anyway im not happy about not knowing about the money but I seem to have a feeling that this is a good choice and a good place to start.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 8,080 times
Well, I have been reading all these post and it is sad to read so many negative post. I hate when people down a company because the truth is, nothing is perfect and to succeed you have to work hard. I went for the interview, studied and past the state health test and will get my license tomorrow and start sometime soon with Aflac. I want to succeed and I want to be positive but I know that their will be difficult days. I am praying for a supportive individual to help me as I have never sold insurance, but I really like Aflac as it has been very helpful to my sisters who both had cancer and had the duck taking care of them. I also have Aflac and I think it is a great supplemental medical insurance. I work another business and I can read negative stuff day and night on the internet about it, but I know the truth as I have been doing the business for over ten years. The only thing I can agree with everyone is that if you don't work you don't get paid. If anyone has a brick they want to sell me or a Aflac computer I am interested and I will keep you posted as to how things go with this business. Have a great day.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:07 AM

I missed something in the Quote before. You hae to think outside the box. Aflac wants you to get people signed up with a company so it is taken out of their pay. But if you tell someone you might be personally working with how it could be of help Even if you don't have any other insurance. Then those single people you sell it to will WANT to keep up the payments for those very reasons. So it would work for both Employer sales and Personal sales. If you want to know more E-mail me and I will tell you how to get around the to many agents in my area problem and you could probably make a lot doing it this way.
Put in the subject Aflac sales info then I will know it isn't junk mail.
Take Care
Tsalihawk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or