Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 04:14 PM

571 posts, read 714,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
That type of business has been here as long as I can remember. This is nothng new.

Maybe if we weren't so uptight about sex, and not so inclined to impose our (often hypocritical) morals on others, this wouldn't be a problem. What happens behind closed doors shouldn't be anyone's else's concern.
I would agree with what you stated only to the extent that places are regulated and the people working there are not doing so against their will (i.e., are not sex slaves or indentured servants). It works in places like Holland only because those businesses are closely regulated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 07:42 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
Maybe it happens in legit businesses that presumably have operating permits to be open but I'd think the majority of human trafficking is happening in the underground. Of course I could be wrong as I don't pretend to be the foremost expert on rub-n-tug places.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 AM

238 posts, read 567,608 times
Quote:
North Carolina law prohibits members of the opposite sex from giving massages. The men getting a massage better be getting them from men..Call the police if you believe that is not the case .
Not true. My husband has gone to massage envy, the ballantyne spa and one other place I can't recall and he received massages from women.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:46 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard View Post
I would agree with what you stated only to the extent that places are regulated and the people working there are not doing so against their will (i.e., are not sex slaves or indentured servants). It works in places like Holland only because those businesses are closely regulated.
yep.. a lot of those Asian parlors have women working off debts for being brought here... not cool at all. Now all those other people who do it willingly... more power to em

Old 01-08-2014, 08:23 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbound01 View Post
Not true. My husband has gone to massage envy, the ballantyne spa and one other place I can't recall and he received massages from women.
Agreed. I've never been to anywhere you wouldn't deem "nice" including Ballantyne in my albeit limited massage experience and I've always had a female, and I'm a male.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:29 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
I went golfing a few weeks ago...
is that what it's called now?

Old 01-18-2016, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,212 times
Some of you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the law. Its never been illegal for on of the opposite sex to give a massage. What is illegal is the touching or massaging of the genitals. Read the laws before acting like a know it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: