U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-06-2013, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,012 posts, read 1,185,413 times
Reputation: 612

Advertisements

High every1 im fairly new to this form so go easy. But my biggest issure is I fill that charlotte nc being the second Biggest city in the south and the biggest In the Carolinas does not get its fair share of funding for its roads and freeways. We have freeways that should be 4 lanes instead of 2. Potholes out the @ss. The list continues lol. Why does Raleigh nc get a toll road first. The cty is not even that big and not many people use it. I mean what is the deal with the i540 loop that there trying to rush and get it finished, but u cant finish Charlottes? Also why isnt independence freeway not a highway alll the way to the i485. Its a nightmare driveing on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-06-2013, 07:49 AM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,611,405 times
Reputation: 14926
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
High every1 im fairly new to this form so go easy. But my biggest issure is I fill that charlotte nc being the second Biggest city in the south and the biggest In the Carolinas does not get its fair share of funding for its roads and freeways. We have freeways that should be 4 lanes instead of 2. Potholes out the @ss. The list continues lol. Why does Raleigh nc get a toll road first. The cty is not even that big and not many people use it. I mean what is the deal with the i540 loop that there trying to rush and get it finished, but u cant finish Charlottes? Also why isnt independence freeway not a highway alll the way to the i485. Its a nightmare driveing on it.
With McCrory in charge and with his new DOT spending plan that will focus it money on improving congestion in time, soon things will get better and small towns will suffer.

I dont know if you driven beyond University City area on 85 but that area is being widen and part of the North Carolina Dept. of Transportation's (NCDOT) program to fill the last six-mile gap in the 65-mile I-485 outer loop around Charlotte.
The interchange uses a two-level "turbine" configuration rarely found in the U.S. Also called a "whirlpool" interchange, the design features swirling lanes that take left-turning traffic around a central bridge in a clockwise direction.

Independence seems like the states black sheep money pit. They have been working on that since first time I moved to Charlotte in the early 90's

Toll Roads are just another way to line some politician pocket and cost more to run than just building the road and this area doesn't need a new toll roll aka garden parkway.
Besides why would you want to give the state more money when you pay for these road projects via taxes and other fees given to the state.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-31-2013 at 12:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2013, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,775 posts, read 9,386,212 times
Reputation: 5262
it's not the only nightmare... yeesh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2013, 07:57 AM
 
3,914 posts, read 3,957,710 times
Reputation: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
.... Why does Raleigh nc get a toll road first......
There are a lot of people in the CLT area who don't want toll roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2013, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,012 posts, read 1,185,413 times
Reputation: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
it's not the only nightmare... yeesh
Lol well im still farely new to the area. Just moved here from Los Angles. It was just some stuff I noticed. Tired looking up some of the issues on Google but its anyways mixed results. It was just ackward for it to be a city fthis large and north Carolina not taking much pride In it for it to be all it can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2013, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
1,012 posts, read 1,185,413 times
Reputation: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
There are a lot of people in the CLT area who don't want toll roads.
So most people would rather deal with the congestion vs a quicker way in and out the city. Especially the ones that stay in the suburban areas and commute to the queen city. I see yur point tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2013, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
1,356 posts, read 2,296,214 times
Reputation: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Lol well im still farely new to the area. Just moved here from Los Angles. It was just some stuff I noticed. Tired looking up some of the issues on Google but its anyways mixed results. It was just ackward for it to be a city fthis large and north Carolina not taking much pride In it for it to be all it can be.
R.I.P. to the English language.

Anyways, I can bet you majority of Charlotte's roads are in much better condition that Los Angeles'. You haven't lived here long enough to know which roads should have 4 lanes.

And to be fair, North Carolina takes much pride in Charlotte. You shouldn't have lead to that ridiculous claim because there isn't a toll road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2013, 03:53 PM
 
3,914 posts, read 3,957,710 times
Reputation: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
So most people would rather deal with the congestion vs a quicker way in and out the city. Especially the ones that stay in the suburban areas and commute to the queen city. I see yur point tho.
There is a state senator in Iredell (I believe) who claims, for example, that I-77 could be widened by an extra 1 lane in each direction from CLT to Mooresville for $100M and the funding should come from the gas tax everyone pays. Instead the NCDOT, toll road plan will cost $500M due to the extra costs of restricted access and is wasteful according to the politician.

It's not clear to me this is a better approach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2013, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Murica
838 posts, read 655,315 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
R.I.P. to the English language.

Anyways, I can bet you majority of Charlotte's roads are in much better condition that Los Angeles'. You haven't lived here long enough to know which roads should have 4 lanes.

And to be fair, North Carolina takes much pride in Charlotte. You shouldn't have lead to that ridiculous claim because there isn't a toll road.
Interesting.. I wrote a more civil, and intelligent, post, pointing that out, and it was deleted for "trolling".

I think this person has valid statements and is qualified to make such observations based on their obvious knowledge of economics, politics, and logistics. This forum needs more like him/her for the sake of integrity and standards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2013, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
1,356 posts, read 2,296,214 times
Reputation: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
Interesting.. I wrote a more civil, and intelligent, post, pointing that out, and it was deleted for "trolling".

I think this person has valid statements and is qualified to make such observations based on their obvious knowledge of economics, politics, and logistics. This forum needs more like him/her for the sake of integrity and standards
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top