Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 AM

4 posts, read 9,901 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I am trying to narrow down which subdivision would be best. I am looking into building a new home in either Charlotte (Hampton Place) or Davidson (The Farm at Riverpointe)

Please anyone who lives in either or subdivision, your feedback would be great!

Just curious on the area if-self (community, neighbors, noise, crime etc.) anything that you feel is good to know before moving forward.

Looking forward to hearing something !

Thanks !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 02:05 PM

4,039 posts, read 4,926,249 times
I have a friend that lives in The Farms and she's lived there for almost 8 years. They have a neighborhood bunco group and I know she gets on well with her neighbors. I'm not sure if you are concerned about schools but the boundary recently changed and the Farms is set to go to Charles Boger Elementary from Odell Elementary. I've heard Boger is still a good school but I think Odell might be a little better.

You can get some of the houses in the Farm for a steal now. I think they've had a couple of short sales (people being moved for work) but there isn't anything bad to say about the neighborhood.The area is really nice. It's in Cabarrus county so lower taxes.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:43 PM

4 posts, read 9,901 times
Thanks for your feedback!

I am herring a lot of great things from the farm at riverpointe, which is really good.
I did see that the elementary school was Odell, and did not know it changed. When did they change it, and do you know if they changed the high school as well ???

Still no feedback on the hampton place in charlotte ...Anyone live there or know anyone that lives around this area with some feedback wild be great ..!! Thanks

Old 05-10-2013, 06:24 AM

4,039 posts, read 4,926,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arubbino View Post
Thanks for your feedback!

I am herring a lot of great things from the farm at riverpointe, which is really good.
I did see that the elementary school was Odell, and did not know it changed. When did they change it, and do you know if they changed the high school as well ???

Still no feedback on the hampton place in charlotte ...Anyone live there or know anyone that lives around this area with some feedback wild be great ..!! Thanks
At this point they have not changed the high school. They made the change in November. You can read about the change here: Cox Mill Overcrowding. I know it says Cox Mill but it has Odell listed as well. It does say that it is a change for only two years - until they build another elementary school but to be safe I would think it will take a little longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte