Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 11:39 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,184,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Sigurdsson View Post
I'm not a huge burger eater, but if on occasion I do indulge, I like Five Brothers or even a McDonalds Angus burger. They may not be the best, but I like them. I tried the Culvers a few times during my drives to Minnesota and points north. In some towns, that is practically all there is.
You're SOL on McDonald's Angus burgers. They're gone.

McDonald's cuts Angus burgers from menu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 04:33 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post

If I am having McD's burgers I would rather have the original ones. The angus ones were nasty in my opinion.

Back to the OP: to me Culvers is too heavy, although it is tasty (custard). Never ate the burgers.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:35 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,023,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Sigurdsson View Post
I'm not a huge burger eater, but if on occasion I do indulge, I like Five Brothers or even a McDonalds Angus burger. They may not be the best, but I like them. I tried the Culvers a few times during my drives to Minnesota and points north. In some towns, that is practically all there is.
I guess I am still one of those trying to figure out the overpriced burger craze that we seem to have.

I have thought Five guys & BT both over rated, in fact red Robin has been better than both.

Best burger I have had so far is a bacon burger on steroids from Bad Daddy's.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:48 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,820,370 times
Funny how varied taste in burgers are. I thought red robin wasn't good at all but I did like big daddy short rib burger. Best burger I had was at Smoky Bones back in Orlando. If I want a burger, I go to cookout.

I'm looking forward to custard and cheese curds!

Old 05-13-2013, 06:20 AM

241 posts, read 304,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
I guess I am still one of those trying to figure out the overpriced burger craze that we seem to have.

I have thought Five guys & BT both over rated, in fact red Robin has been better than both.

Best burger I have had so far is a bacon burger on steroids from Bad Daddy's.
As I mentioned, I rarely eat burgers anyway. Maybe once every six months I have a desire for one. I haven't had Big Dady's yet, but I will try in the near future. I won't miss angus burgers from McDonalds. I have maybe had four in my life. I agree that burgers are way overpriced.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:22 AM

241 posts, read 304,160 times
Quote:

Glad I practically never eat burgers out. As far as being "SOL", I'm really not. I haven't had over three or four of their angus burgers in my life. On the few occasions where I wanted a burger, I tried them and thought they were pretty good.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:07 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Culver's burgers are somewhat similar to Steak n Shake, and I think they are quite good if you like thin patty style burgers. And the cheese curds are indeed quite good, as well as their custard ice cream and shakes. But they also have fried chicken, soup, salads, roast beef, and chicken sandwiches. So they have a good menu and I think good quality food. They opened a location in Greenville, SC last year and also have locations in Kentucky. Now I just wish they would bring a Roy Rogers and a Frisch's Big Boy to the region. But at least we finally got a Popeyes.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:14 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Quote:

Well, at least Hardee's still has their Angus beef Thickburgers. But I still prefer the thin patty double burgers at sister chain Carl's Jr. They have a Big Carl which is like the original full sized Big Twin at Hardee's. Has the sweet 1000 island sauce. And they also have a Superstar with cheese that has a tangy red sauce and mayo. Used to be on the Hardee's menu. Wish they would put both of these sandwiches on the Hardee's menu. Prefer over Big Mac.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:30 PM

540 posts, read 1,706,280 times
wait..i went to hardee's once..a few years back..in fact...i'm still waiting for my order....
they are slooooooooowwwwwwwww

Old 05-14-2013, 04:31 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,392,577 times
Just grabbed a Culver's desert today in KY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte