Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:53 AM

355 posts, read 988,543 times

Advertisements

i am not trying to get politics in this forum but what does you guy think of pat mccrory. i do not live in charlotte but he seem very part-time to me wearing hugo boss suits and calvin klein ties for magazine shoots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 09:57 AM

674 posts, read 797,616 times
He has been an excellent leader, regardless of what he wears for one photo shoot.

I'd like to see him lead change in regard to a crime deterrance plan which would have to include a lot of factors including economic revival of several neglected areas of the city. It would also entail drug enforcement issues and domestic issues as this causes much of our crime in pockets of these neglected areas. But overall, he is a great leader. And yes, he is technically "part-time" as the mayoral office is not paid as a full time job. But if you think for one minute he puts any less than 40 hours into leading our city a week, you'd be wrong.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:02 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,373,701 times
NC Law requires a weak (part time) mayoral system with city/town councils having more say. This is actually a good thing (prevents corruption). I agree, like most politicians he is not perfect, but he is a good leader.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:03 AM

thank ncisgreat

Old 10-30-2007, 10:07 AM

674 posts, read 797,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentricbeethoven View Post
thank ncisgreat
You bet! I have a feeling he'll be winning the race again this go-'round so you'll get to see him in action when you move to our fair city!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:15 AM

that sound good if he the leader you guys claim him to be.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:39 PM

870 posts, read 3,517,160 times
the only reason he will win the race is because there is no one running against him. we need a change in leadership. he has done a so so job while in office. wasted a ton of money on bad projects but has kept charlotte in a growth mode.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
the only reason he will win the race is because there is no one running against him. we need a change in leadership. he has done a so so job while in office. wasted a ton of money on bad projects but has kept charlotte in a growth mode.
A lot of people (and I'm just saying but staying neutral) would say those projects helped keep Charlotte in a growth mode. A lot of people would also say the growth is not necessarily good.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:31 PM

870 posts, read 3,517,160 times
growth in a city/suburb/community like charlotte is good as long as it is maintained and controlled. it has brought a lot of business into the area (not big business). charlotte is very high on the list of small businesses and small individual owned companies. charlotte is also high for franchises. people are moving into the area and opening small shops and companies. Just because the big companies are downsizing doesn't necessarily mean the area is not growing.
this is why projects like the light rail are a waste. people are moving down and opening shops outside the beltway (north and south). charlotte is not growing uptown. sure they are building restaurants and condos but the real growth is out of the city.
i could go on and on.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
growth in a city/suburb/community like charlotte is good as long as it is maintained and controlled. it has brought a lot of business into the area (not big business). charlotte is very high on the list of small businesses and small individual owned companies. charlotte is also high for franchises. people are moving into the area and opening small shops and companies. Just because the big companies are downsizing doesn't necessarily mean the area is not growing.
this is why projects like the light rail are a waste. people are moving down and opening shops outside the beltway (north and south). charlotte is not growing uptown. sure they are building restaurants and condos but the real growth is out of the city.
i could go on and on.
I disagree. I think Charlotte is growing uptown. Not only all of the condos, but everything else as far as entertainment and the Epicenter opening soon means its growing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte