Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 03:32 PM

17 posts, read 43,900 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone had any information on Eastwood Homes, in particular their community at Crismark in Indian Trail. We have visited the area several times and are considering purchasing a home in their next phase. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2006, 04:22 PM

293 posts, read 958,752 times
Friends of ours purchased an Eastwood home, but in a community in Wesley Chapel. They are very happy with it and have no complaints. I don't know much about Crismark, however, I hear the schools that they are assigned to are very good. We purchased a Westport home in another community in Indian Trail, and the same house in Crismark was 10K more. Don't know why?

Old 10-10-2006, 07:46 PM

98 posts, read 816,100 times
before you buy... do your homework. google the schools in union county, that should give you plenty of websites to choose from to check 'em out. we moved to union county in may and i did 7 months of research on nc before we even decided to make our first trip down... so like i said, do your homework. :-)

Old 10-10-2006, 08:27 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,544,684 times
Something that helped us, which may help you. We visited a few established communities built by our Builder (Centex)- the ones in which the sub-div was built out and at least a few years old. Drove through them and talked to many of the neighbors. Got some great feedback on after sales follow-up stuff.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:30 PM

98 posts, read 816,100 times
totally what miker just said! when i came here by myself (check "first weekend here in charolotte" thread for my whole story, lol!), i walked around stone crest just talking to poeple, asking tem stuff. everywhere i went, everyone i talked to... talked back to me... and at great lengths and with great detail. maybe you can try it too! :-) good luck!!!!!

Old 10-11-2006, 05:30 AM

531 posts, read 2,011,340 times
The area itself is very nice. I live right by there, and some friends that live in Crismark like it very much. The schools for that area are Hemby Bridge Elementary, Porter Ridge Middle and High school. I like the schools here very much. This is the county website for the schools. http://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/ . They are building a new firestation right across from the development which should be operational in the next few weeks/month. Bets of luck in your new home.

Old 10-11-2006, 02:12 PM

17 posts, read 43,900 times
Thank you all for your advice. We love the area around Crismark and how close we are to Matthews. I checked out the schools already (I'm a teacher), seem to be very good. Thanks again!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:12 PM

26 posts, read 70,599 times
Default Crismark, Indian Trail-Just in case anyone would like a more updated opinion

We closed on our house in December of 2007 in Crismark. We own an Eastwood home and we are very pleased! From start to finish, our experience with Eastwood was extremely pleasant. Any problems, which were minimal like every day new house things, were tended to or repaired immediately. They do a check up 30 days after you move in to make sure everything is alright and then another after one year! It's a lot different here, let me tell you! We are originally from New York, Staten Island to be exact.

The quality of our house....no comparison!!! New York Builders could sure learn a lot! The little extras that are standard in our homes, just beautiful. The neighborhood is peaceful (until all of OUR kids come out to play haha) and just what I have always dreamed my dream home should be! Everyone is soooo friendly here! We all wave as we pass and look out for each other! I did my research before coming here granted, but I am so glad with our choice!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:36 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,373,429 times
welcome to charlotte we lived in staten Island..As we are originally from brooklyn and been down here almost a year..and Love it..My sister lives in SI as well...

Old 04-21-2008, 09:48 PM

26 posts, read 70,599 times
Thanks Berry!

We are all settling in. We have three children and one on the way. My main concern is looking for ways for our 7th grader to make some friends in the area. There isn't any time to socialize in school it seems LOL. The other two have easily found little ones their age. Any suggestions? I looked into some teen nights at the YMCA siskey and Matthews recreation. We'll check those out for now. I think I want it more than she does LOL! Thank you again for the welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte