U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:59 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,353,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
We have the power, We are the secret Allie of making Charlotte greater group.
Base on some of the wonderful inside knowledge that is shared in this forum, it could be possible.
Whether someone called or not I think it's hilarious...

The fact that it is being cleaned within days gives me the impression Charlotte isn't nearly as bad as it was implied in the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 01:06 PM

398 posts, read 755,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Does the cleaning up of one intersection make Charlotte beautiful again?
For BeautifulCharlotte, Charlotte's Beautiful again.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:49 PM

239 posts, read 310,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshinodalp View Post
For BeautifulCharlotte, Charlotte's Beautiful again.

hehehe

Old 05-30-2013, 08:55 PM

23 posts, read 66,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartwell35 View Post
Yea, but to complain about a weed growing through a sidewalk???? <<<<< say this sentence 5 times, and see how ridiculous that sounds.

When speaking about a ENTIRE CITY, and a BIG city like Charlotte, you are NOT gonna find EVERYTHING to be in pristine condition, nor will it EVER be. The area is MUCH TOO LARGE for that. OVERALL, Charlotte has an UNBELIEVABLE amount of natural beauty...from the hilly terrain, to the extra-green trees and brushes, to natural WOODED areas, to the sun reflecting off of the Uptown glass skyscrapers.

You can keep a HOUSE clean... (much smaller area....much more manageable), but you cant expect 300 square miles of public space to ALL look like a Martha Stewart Home Collection magazine. C'mon people
It's not just one weed but hundreds, thousands ! did not count them... yet !
I do not know where you drive but probably not on the main roads.
I got your point, but I was talking about PROVIDENCE RD, not Harwell Rd. If Providence looks neglected, what to expect for little ones ?
And why 4-5 years ago, it was possible to keep them in great shape ?? Did Charlotte expand so much ? don't think so.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
You can keep a HOUSE clean... (much smaller area....much more manageable), but you cant expect 300 square miles of public space to ALL look like a Martha Stewart Home Collection magazine. C'mon people
Charlotte is the proof you can have that!
What Martha Stewart ? I asked for basic service : no weeds, plant grass and mulch. I did not ask for planting flowers, trees, bushes or other fancy stuff.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 PM

239 posts, read 310,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulCharlotte View Post
It's not just one weed but hundreds, thousands ! did not count them... yet !
I do not know where you drive but probably not on the main roads.
I got your point, but I was talking about PROVIDENCE RD, not Harwell Rd. If Providence looks neglected, what to expect for little ones ?
And why 4-5 years ago, it was possible to keep them in great shape ?? Did Charlotte expand so much ? don't think so.

I dont think you realize how ridiculous you sound, to say that weeds on ONE street means charlotte is going downhill.

AGAIN...I advise you to EXPAND YOUR THINKING. An area as LARGE as a city is gonna have its nice parts, and some bad parts.

Salt Lake City is one of the most beautiful cities Ive ever visits...but it has its fair share of trash and weeds as well.
Wel are talking about a LARGE CITY here. You cant keep every inch of it PRISTINE. too big of a space....too many inhabitants....too many people who dont mind litering....too many garbage trucks to run after.....too large of an area to easily maintain 100% of it.

I dont know about you...but some of these comments and thinking on some of these threads are getting a little weird. Its like people's brains are SHRINKING. lol

it used to be GREAT conversation.
Now were down to threads like.... an ENTIRE UNIVERSITY (UNCC of over 25k students) is SLAW....and WEEDS on ONE street = Charlotte is UGLY.. what the hell???? lol

Old 05-30-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I dont think you realize how ridiculous you sound, to say that weeds on ONE street means charlotte is going downhill.

AGAIN...I advise you to EXPAND YOUR THINKING. An area as LARGE as a city is gonna have its nice parts, and some bad parts.

Salt Lake City is one of the most beautiful cities Ive ever visits...but it has its fair share of trash and weeds as well.
Wel are talking about a LARGE CITY here. You cant keep every inch of it PRISTINE. too big of a space....too many inhabitants....too many people who dont mind litering....too many garbage trucks to run after.....too large of an area to easily maintain 100% of it.

I dont know about you...but some of these comments and thinking on some of these threads are getting a little weird. Its like people's brains are SHRINKING. lol

it used to be GREAT conversation.
Now were down to threads like.... an ENTIRE UNIVERSITY (UNCC of over 25k students) is SLAW....and WEEDS on ONE street = Charlotte is UGLY.. what the hell???? lol
It's not one street, I mentioned more then one in this thread, you may review if you wish.
All main roads are not in good condition. I expanded my thinking and understood that you do not care about this fact.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:33 AM

291 posts, read 765,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulCharlotte View Post
It's not one street, I mentioned more then one in this thread, you may review if you wish.
All main roads are not in good condition. I expanded my thinking and understood that you do not care about this fact.
You are so right - has anyone driven 74 from uptown to say, Crown Point area....we did that the other day and can't believe how much empty retail there is...it looks derelict....wonder what will happen there in the future...we were just shocked as we had not been down that road since we moved back to Charlotte....
Providence Road, even in its current state - which I don't have any issues with, looks like paradise compared to Independence Blvd.....
One of the map searches had routed folks coming from the coast to the uptown area all the way on Hwy 74...and I told them not to go that way...it really puts a BAD face on our beautiful city!

Was uptown with those folks last night, and they "oohed" and "aahed" over the uptown area and it made me feel proud....it was fun to see it through their eyes, and opened mine once again...

Old 05-31-2013, 05:48 AM

5,874 posts, read 7,714,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNesters View Post
You are so right - has anyone driven 74 from uptown to say, Crown Point area....we did that the other day and can't believe how much empty retail there is...it looks derelict....wonder what will happen there in the future...we were just shocked as we had not been down that road since we moved back to Charlotte....
Providence Road, even in its current state - which I don't have any issues with, looks like paradise compared to Independence Blvd.....
One of the map searches had routed folks coming from the coast to the uptown area all the way on Hwy 74...and I told them not to go that way...it really puts a BAD face on our beautiful city!

Was uptown with those folks last night, and they "oohed" and "aahed" over the uptown area and it made me feel proud....it was fun to see it through their eyes, and opened mine once again...
The area around 74 is like that because of 74. And that's really not that bad compared to other places you have to drive through to get to various other destinations. Since you mentioned the coast, you get the pleasure of driving past some not exactly prime real estate when entering Wilmington on 76.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:51 AM

291 posts, read 765,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
The area around 74 is like that because of 74. And that's really not that bad compared to other places you have to drive through to get to various other destinations. Since you mentioned the coast, you get the pleasure of driving past some not exactly prime real estate when entering Wilmington on 76.
I totally agree about Wilmington - hated that drive along Market St./17 heading north to Porters Neck area...just not pretty at all...and talk about trash on the road.....

I hope I didn't sound negative...I meant to be totally positive about our beautiful city...just sad to see Independence Blvd provide such a negative impression, and even sadder to see what has happened there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or