Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 02:05 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,669,321 times

Advertisements

It isn't really fair to claim Charlotte has lost it's beauty because the OP discovered a change along the same road over a period of time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 03:19 AM

106 posts, read 192,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
It isn't really fair to claim Charlotte has lost it's beauty because the OP discovered a change along the same road over a period of time...
I read through this topic again. I don't think this claim was ever made. The topic is about trash left on the roads and weeds not being cut. I think the OP and others point out a very valid question.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:47 AM

15,361 posts, read 12,568,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
yeah.. I need a little more than that to believe Charlotte has lost something. I understand the frustration with seeing some trash on the roads but I don't think Charlotte has lost it's beauty.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 PM

23 posts, read 89,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cltlilly View Post
I read through this topic again. I don't think this claim was ever made. The topic is about trash left on the roads and weeds not being cut. I think the OP and others point out a very valid question.
Need to share this SUPER GOOD news here !!! I noticed this morning people working on Providence Rd medians.
I think it is SOOOOO GREAT to see such a quick positive response !!! Thank YOU !!

Thanks cltlilly, that's exactly the point of this thread.
Feltdesigner, Charlotte is still a beautiful city, but lets maintain its beauty so will not lose it in the near future.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:07 AM

239 posts, read 374,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulCharlotte View Post
Need to share this SUPER GOOD news here !!! I noticed this morning people working on Providence Rd medians.
I think it is SOOOOO GREAT to see such a quick positive response !!! Thank YOU !!

Feltdesigner, Charlotte is still a beautiful city, but lets maintain its beauty so will not lose it in the near future.

Yea, but to complain about a weed growing through a sidewalk???? <<<<< say this sentence 5 times, and see how ridiculous that sounds.

When speaking about a ENTIRE CITY, and a BIG city like Charlotte, you are NOT gonna find EVERYTHING to be in pristine condition, nor will it EVER be. The area is MUCH TOO LARGE for that. OVERALL, Charlotte has an UNBELIEVABLE amount of natural beauty...from the hilly terrain, to the extra-green trees and brushes, to natural WOODED areas, to the sun reflecting off of the Uptown glass skyscrapers.

You can keep a HOUSE clean... (much smaller area....much more manageable), but you cant expect 300 square miles of public space to ALL look like a Martha Stewart Home Collection magazine. C'mon people

Old 05-30-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartwell35 View Post
Yea, but to complain about a weed growing through a sidewalk???? <<<<< say this sentence 5 times, and see how ridiculous that sounds.

When speaking about a ENTIRE CITY, and a BIG city like Charlotte, you are NOT gonna find EVERYTHING to be in pristine condition, nor will it EVER be. The area is MUCH TOO LARGE for that. OVERALL, Charlotte has an UNBELIEVABLE amount of natural beauty...from the hilly terrain, to the extra-green trees and brushes, to natural WOODED areas, to the sun reflecting off of the Uptown glass skyscrapers.

You can keep a HOUSE clean... (much smaller area....much more manageable), but you cant expect 300 square miles of public space to ALL look like a Martha Stewart Home Collection magazine. C'mon people
weeds man... gotta cut those weeds...

Charlotte is losing it.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:26 AM

398 posts, read 978,754 times
What is really going on in this thread? lol

BeautifulCharlotte, are you thanking forum members here because you saw people working on providence road median this morning?

Old 05-30-2013, 12:31 PM

10,004 posts, read 11,088,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulCharlotte View Post

So you think this forum is responsible for people working? huh?

Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,312,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshinodalp View Post
What is really going on in this thread? lol

BeautifulCharlotte, are you thanking forum members here because you saw people working on providence road median this morning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
So you think this forum is responsible for people working? huh?
We have the power, We are the secret Allie of making Charlotte greater group.
Base on some of the wonderful inside knowledge that is shared in this forum, it could be possible.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:57 PM

Does the cleaning up of one intersection make Charlotte beautiful again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte