Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:37 AM

86 posts, read 344,449 times

Advertisements

Here is a link regarding the buyout.

Rollins Acquires HomeTeam Pest Defense for $137 Million | The Potomac Company (http://www.potomaccompany.com/2008/03/31/rollins-acquires-hometeam-pest-defense-for-137-million/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 11:38 AM

86 posts, read 344,449 times
sorry about the double post

Old 10-25-2008, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 8,849 times
I work for Home Team for the past 3 years as a PCO.Your service will and should not change with the buyout to Rollins.Centex was only a parent company for us as rollins will be.

Your service should consist of the following "ALWAYS"

Inspection
treating entry points
service of the Taexx system (8oz per tube)The average 2000-3500 sq ft house has 15-20 tubes split over 2 port boxes.
removing webs
perimeter treatment 13-20 gallons depending on size.
Taking care of any additional needs/concerns your may have

The front yard can never be completely treated from sidewalk to house due to safety concerns with pets,childern that could possibly enter the yard while its still wet.

You will often see a few things here and there.No pest service is 100%.

Depending on the size of your home and the efficiency of the tech comming out you should always expect a 20-30 min service.

Bugs,

Springtails - Nothing is labeled to kill/control these pests.Try keeping execssive water to a minimum.If seen around a sink/tub try useing a pipe cleaner in the drain.

Spiders - somewhat difficult to completly control.A good crack and crevice treat combinded with a through perimiter treatment will help in keeping populations down around and inside the home.You will always see spiders on the exterior because thats where they live.

Earwigs - generally come from the plumbing and consistently moist areas around the home.Dusting voids and a perimeter/bait or granuel treatment should be done on the exterior.

Ants - By far the biggest headache for not only our coustomers but also the techs.Alot of times what happens after a treatment you will see them inside around sinks,baseboards etc...Whats happens is when we power treat the exterior we often stir up hidden nest thus driving them inside.Please be aware of this as its a sign you could of had a bigger problem if they were allowed to continue to forage and reproduce.

These are the 3 most common call backs we see.Spiders and earwigs can generally be takin care of from the exterior unless the issue is severe.Ant will require you to be home for the tech to bait/treat the areas of activity.

I hope this helps with any questions and concers on what to expect etc...

i will check in later to answer any questions you may have.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:52 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,361 times
We have the tubes-in-wall system & use Hometeam Pest....LOVE our tech Jim! He is very thorough. They treat every 3 mths, I see anything else in btwn visits, I call & Jim comes out & takes care of the problem. Well worth the money.

BxRosie

Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 8,576 times
I have a house in AZ and I have scorpions. The house is equipped with the Centex Defense system. Will it work on keeping the scorpions out of the house?

Old 05-25-2009, 03:51 PM

59 posts, read 435,435 times
Mike, there are no houses big enough for even one gallon in a single service. Leaking hoses may be a problem for drywall damage maybe but the liquid doesn't 'stay' in the tubes. It's made to spew out and treat the inside of the walls and entry points such as around plumbing. The only problem I have with tubes systems is the 'installers' such as Centex and others, bully the homeowner to taking Their service only. They say no other company has the capability etc. which is not true. To read about tubes in the wall systems check out The great tube conspiracy | Pest Cemetery or Tubes in the wall | Pest Cemetery

Both will give you some insight. Tubes are great for most people but some pests get around it such as mentioned.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:54 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
In b4 bugguy

Old 05-26-2009, 07:59 AM

873 posts, read 1,803,780 times
I have almost 26 years in the pest control business, and there's no way I'd have any "in-wall" system in my home!! Unless your sheetrock has gaping holes, what kind of pests do you think live in wall voids and then have access into your home???? LOL

As far as yard treatments, many companies offer that service and I've performed hundreds if not thousands with no problems EVER! Many times entire yards have to be treated to control fire ants or fleas. To leave the area close to the house untreated is just cutting corners! Simply stay off the treated areas until dry!

There are many products labelled for Springtails and they can be controlled.

Spiders are one of the easiest pest to control, if your treatment is THOROUGH (you won't get that in 20 - 30 minutes!)

Earwigs are common in mulch, etc. Baits aren't very effective as they don't eat them! A good residual treatment is effective for these pests.

Ants are extremely easy to control if you use the right products in the right places. I guarantee ant treatments for 4 months to 1 year depending on species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeTeamTX View Post
I work for Home Team for the past 3 years as a PCO.Your service will and should not change with the buyout to Rollins.Centex was only a parent company for us as rollins will be.

Your service should consist of the following "ALWAYS"

Inspection
treating entry points
service of the Taexx system (8oz per tube)The average 2000-3500 sq ft house has 15-20 tubes split over 2 port boxes.
removing webs
perimeter treatment 13-20 gallons depending on size.
Taking care of any additional needs/concerns your may have

The front yard can never be completely treated from sidewalk to house due to safety concerns with pets,childern that could possibly enter the yard while its still wet.

You will often see a few things here and there.No pest service is 100%.

Depending on the size of your home and the efficiency of the tech comming out you should always expect a 20-30 min service.

Bugs,

Springtails - Nothing is labeled to kill/control these pests.Try keeping execssive water to a minimum.If seen around a sink/tub try useing a pipe cleaner in the drain.

Spiders - somewhat difficult to completly control.A good crack and crevice treat combinded with a through perimiter treatment will help in keeping populations down around and inside the home.You will always see spiders on the exterior because thats where they live.

Earwigs - generally come from the plumbing and consistently moist areas around the home.Dusting voids and a perimeter/bait or granuel treatment should be done on the exterior.

Ants - By far the biggest headache for not only our coustomers but also the techs.Alot of times what happens after a treatment you will see them inside around sinks,baseboards etc...Whats happens is when we power treat the exterior we often stir up hidden nest thus driving them inside.Please be aware of this as its a sign you could of had a bigger problem if they were allowed to continue to forage and reproduce.

These are the 3 most common call backs we see.Spiders and earwigs can generally be takin care of from the exterior unless the issue is severe.Ant will require you to be home for the tech to bait/treat the areas of activity.

I hope this helps with any questions and concers on what to expect etc...

i will check in later to answer any questions you may have.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:10 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times
^^^LOL! I knew he would show up.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:12 AM

873 posts, read 1,803,780 times
Just couldn't help myself Sophia! I despise erroneous information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
^^^LOL! I knew he would show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte