U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 09:46 AM

285 posts, read 494,164 times
but what about the flies, they are so annoying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 08:07 PM

69 posts, read 117,700 times
I'm wondering too about the safety of what is going into the home? does anybody have that info?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 PM

873 posts, read 787,467 times
No, nobody! Go back to sleep. Over and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad1974 View Post
I'm wondering too about the safety of what is going into the home? does anybody have that info?

Old 05-29-2009, 07:13 AM

6,766 posts, read 7,563,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad1974 View Post
I would do a forum search on it. I seem to recall a thread about a year or so ago and someone had some real problems w/ those tubes in a Centex home, maybe had to stay in a hotel for awhile and they got sick or something. I'll see if I can find it.

found it

http://www.city-data.com/forum/512710-post11.html

Old 05-29-2009, 08:00 AM

1,860 posts, read 3,242,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I would do a forum search on it. I seem to recall a thread about a year or so ago and someone had some real problems w/ those tubes in a Centex home, maybe had to stay in a hotel for awhile and they got sick or something. I'll see if I can find it.

found it

http://www.city-data.com/forum/512710-post11.html
I wonder whatever happened to Shane? That was his only post about his problem. Wonder if it was ever taken care of??

Old 05-29-2009, 04:10 PM

59 posts, read 236,066 times
[quote=bugguy;8986337]I have almost 26 years in the pest control business, and there's no way I'd have any "in-wall" system in my home!! Unless your sheetrock has gaping holes, what kind of pests do you think live in wall voids and then have access into your home???? LOL

All kinds my friend. You've never open up a bathtrap and found hundreds of dead bugs with fat spiders and their webs. Haven't you taken off a light switch cover and hd a large roach dead (or alive) inside? Ever done a repo house where some of the drywall was caving in and not seen the YEARS of roach fecal matter build up? In wall systems don't just willy nilly spray every inch of the perimeter walls. Only sections of the tubes have the lasered slits so they can control which walls or sections get treated. True you can't change it once the drywall goes up but I must disagree with you that bugs don't live in the walls. I haven't done pest control as long as you (only 25 years) but I see it all the time. Even my techs who have only been at it for a few years know this and see it too. Air currents;pest proofing your home part 2 | Pest Cemetery is filled with basic information that may be helpful regarding pests travelling in the walls.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:51 PM

5 posts, read 25,145 times
I work for HomeTeam Pest Defense, the creators of the Taexx (formerly Tubes in the Wall) Built-In Pest Control System. I understand that every has questions about the system and what the benefits are of utilizing the services for the system.First, I'd like to stress that the Taexx system is completely warranted by HomeTeam for the duration of the home unless otherwise serviced and/or damaged by a company not licensed or authorized to service the system. One of our largest issues is customers who wish to have HomeTeam repair a system that not only got damaged by another company, but damaged sections of walls with moisture build up and mildew.

If the system is indeed Taexx, that means HomeTeam works with the builder of the home and through contracts, HomeTeam provides the warranty and repair, if needed.The system is not designed to eliminate the need for conventional pest control services. It is primarily used as a matter of convenience or as an extension of the technician's capabilities as a pest management professional. The homeowner doesn't have to be home for all services since the system allows for virtual coverage of the inside. Concurrently, the technician has convenience by being able to locally protect the outside in areas where insects are capable of gaining entry into the home.

In this "Green" world today, the Evironmental Protection Agency (EPA) strictly monitors and inhibits applications and products, respectively. There is no pest control company that can effectively "eliminate" all pest problems. The most you can receive from any pest control company is the ability to provide re-treatments when you call to ask for one. Some companies charge an additional fee and others, such as HomeTeam Pest Defense, include re-treatment as part of the warranty for services.

HomeTeam Pest Defense is no longer affiliated with Centex other than the homebuilding side (now owned by Pulte Homes) concerning the installation of the Taexx system and/or termite pre-treatments.

HomeTeam Pest Defense has always been its own entity with ideals and goals specifically targeting the home building market. The Taexx system was designed more than a decade ago, tested by the University of Florida, and was first introduced by Centex and Fox & Jacobs home builders. In the many years since its inception, HomeTeam Pest Defense has proven the system's capabilities with dozens of home builders in several markets across the United States.

The system uses polyethelene tubing which is an extremely durable plastic. One set of tubing is designed to distrubute the product to certain areas of the home while another tubing system disperses the product in the wall void through perforations in the tubing. There are a series of 35 foot zones in a house that the system stretches to and are individualized at each port box on the outside of the home. The technician uses specially designed equipement that dispenses the product (which may vary by state) inside the tubing network and then purges the system with a compressed gas forcing the product out of the tubes through the peforations as a fine mist, almost like an aerosal. The product dries within a few seconds eliminating moisture build up.If you own a home with the Taexx Built-In Pest Control System, you should call your local HomeTeam branch office to find out more information. Warranty, services, and expectations may vary by state and city laws and by local branch policies.

Last edited by HomeTeamRep; 06-01-2009 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: didn't display correctly

Old 07-18-2009, 12:00 AM

2 posts, read 14,935 times
IS your house supposed to smell after a Taexx treatment. And how safe are the granules that the service person spreads all over the ground? My friends have dogs which come over often. Is it safe for them to be roaming the yard?

Old 07-19-2009, 02:35 PM

59 posts, read 236,066 times
No it shouldn't but I'm not sure what they are spraying these day's. Granules are Ok and shouldn't be a problem. The dogs would need to scoop up quite a bit to get any adverse effect. The great tube conspiracy | Pest Cemetery

Old 07-20-2009, 06:52 PM

873 posts, read 787,467 times
In wall systems are a liability attorneys dream. There's no way that I would have a system like that installed in any dwelling that I'd consider living in. If it's installed and there are problems, who's going to tear into the walls to fix it? What about cleanup in case of an accident or allergic reaction??? Again, how would that be handled without tearing into the walls?? No thanks!

Yes, I've found insects and bugs in wall voids but with the exception of some ants, they don't have access through the sheetrock unless there's a hole in it! Even tiny ants need some kind of opening to get access into the living area. (And ants are absolutely the easiest pest to control with 1 treatment!)

I'll stick with crack and crevice treatment and fine tune the pesticide to the pest to be controlled as opposed to treating a bunch of slits behind the sheetrock where no resident will ever access unless by accident or remodeling, etc., with some company prescribed "mixture"!

[quote=Dutch62;9044862]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
I have almost 26 years in the pest control business, and there's no way I'd have any "in-wall" system in my home!! Unless your sheetrock has gaping holes, what kind of pests do you think live in wall voids and then have access into your home???? LOL

All kinds my friend. You've never open up a bathtrap and found hundreds of dead bugs with fat spiders and their webs. Haven't you taken off a light switch cover and hd a large roach dead (or alive) inside? Ever done a repo house where some of the drywall was caving in and not seen the YEARS of roach fecal matter build up? In wall systems don't just willy nilly spray every inch of the perimeter walls. Only sections of the tubes have the lasered slits so they can control which walls or sections get treated. True you can't change it once the drywall goes up but I must disagree with you that bugs don't live in the walls. I haven't done pest control as long as you (only 25 years) but I see it all the time. Even my techs who have only been at it for a few years know this and see it too. Air currents;pest proofing your home part 2 | Pest Cemetery is filled with basic information that may be helpful regarding pests travelling in the walls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte