Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2016, 01:46 PM

2 posts, read 12,054 times

Advertisements

we are moving to the Charlotte area in a couple months and are looking for good North Charlotte neighborhoods preferably concord . Price range is 300-400K. would like to have grocery shopping and restaurants nearby. i liked the wellington chase kington series community a lot.wanted to know if there are any indian families living there?
have school going kids.
please suggest any other communities with indian families.

thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 08:01 AM

160 posts, read 205,732 times
These are good schools to be at but how old are your kids?
Where is work going to be located?

Union County - Weddington Elementary/Middle/High
Mcklenburg County - Ardrey Kell/ Polo ridge
Concord area - Highland creek but I am not familiar with how the schools are but traffic is a pain with the mall nearby.

Please do your research on redistricting which happens from time to time. You can look at homes in the 28277 (Rea Road) area but you are limited to older established neighborhoods(Raevencrest,Stone Creek Ranch) but you have a new construction coming up on Marvin/Johnston intersection by Shea homes. Personally I felt the homes were too close to each other.

You can also look at Waxhaw in the 300-400k range. (Cuthbertson school district)

Old 03-02-2016, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 12,054 times
Thank u for ur information. I have 3 Rd grade and kindergarten kid.I searched near the ballantyne area but it looks like it is costly. New homes are around 500k.

Is wellington chase good community with Indian families?

Old 03-02-2016, 01:34 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Wellington Chase is a good community. I have some friends that live in the community and really enjoy it. The community has a lot of children and the schools are very good. Odell ES is a great school. Your 3rd grader would be going to the new ES which is also called Odell (and is located on the corner of Odell School road and 73). They did some redistricting last year and they split the current Odell (which is located across the street from Wellington Chase in Moss Creek)making the current one K-2 and the new one 3-5th (which is set to open in August of this year).

Old 03-02-2016, 01:35 PM

38 posts, read 178,855 times
I would recommend looking at the Brookvue community in Concord. I believe you will find this is just what you are looking for in terms of neighbors, pricing and location. It's right off of Poplar Tent Road at Huntersville-Concord Road. The schools are Odell Elementary, Harris Road Middle School and Cox Mill High School.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:55 PM

51 posts, read 60,942 times
You can check out Harrisburg area too.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:24 AM

160 posts, read 205,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki2015 View Post
Thank u for ur information. I have 3 Rd grade and kindergarten kid.I searched near the ballantyne area but it looks like it is costly. New homes are around 500k.

Is wellington chase good community with Indian families?
Yes Ballantyne is pretty much fully developed with very little new development but look at Shea homes on Marvin-Ardrey Kell intersection. The homes start their in the 320's but personally not fan of how they are building the homes in small lots and the houses seem to be too close. Are you looking only at new construction? Stonecreek Ranch has couple of houses in the 285 - 288k range (3 bed ,1900-2300 sq feet) but you can hear a little of the 485 traffic if you get to the backyard depending on where the house is located at. Good schools and you have Indian families. I am not familiar with the Concord area but do look at the school ratings on greatschool dot org and do some research on the schools as well.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:57 PM

31 posts, read 108,455 times
Default Where in Harrisburg ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshjain82 View Post
You can check out Harrisburg area too.
can you mention few neighborhoods in particular with good Asian Indian community ?

Old 11-15-2020, 09:01 AM

2 posts, read 3,660 times
Smile Planning to buy a home in charlotte

Hi All,

There is some good information on this forum Already but its from 2016. So asking the same question.
We recently moved to Charlotte and planning to buy a house. We are looking for good schools and our price range is upto 400k. We don’t have kids right now but planning to take a house in good school area. Can you suggest some good communities? PS: we are ok with old or new homes. But looking for good spacious homes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte