U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 08:56 AM

84 posts, read 322,496 times
Default Centex Homes-Anyone familiar with the Taexx Built in Pest Control System

We are building a new house with Centex and one of the features is the Taexx Pest Control System. Apparently, it is an internal wall pest defense system. Does anyone have any experience with this or its effectiveness? After reading the posts about these brown recluse spiders and such, I'm just wondering if this is enough protection or would we need spraying around the house as well. I have to admit, I can't wait to move down, but those posts really were creepy! Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 09:46 AM

4 posts, read 44,924 times
I moved to Huntersville in Sept. from Sarasota FL. I had a Centex home there with the internal wall pest defense (tubes in the wall). I thought it was very effective and never had a problem with insects. Other family members living in the area with regular pest defense talked about the big spiders they found in their homes, I never had a problem.

Centex sent someone out once every three months and they injected the tubes and sprayed around my home. I was told if I ever had a problem to call and they would come out-no charge, but I never needed them.

So far I have not had one insect in my home here and I hope not to get any surprises...I hate bugs. I did spray around the outside of my home with a new Ortho pest spray that is supposed to last 12 months. So far so good. Good Luck

Old 11-03-2007, 05:03 PM

Thanks Joaniec, that is exactly what I wanted to hear! I hope we have the same experience!

Old 11-03-2007, 07:27 PM

86 posts, read 225,187 times
We have the system as well. Wife saw a "bug" and they came out the next day to spray again.
The first trip they spay all doors/windows plus perimeter. On quarterly follow-up's they just do doors and perimeter. Runs $80 a quarter

Old 11-04-2007, 08:42 AM

To me, it's well worth the money! Thanks for getting back to me.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:10 PM

536 posts, read 1,130,300 times
Arrow itchy

I have a centex home and from what the field inspector told me it is a "patent pending" system, and pretty ingenious seems to me. That said we have had some minor problems with ants.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:36 PM

50 posts, read 150,121 times
Believe me, I don't work for PETA or anything . . . but are spiders really pests? We do live in a relatively wooded city. You have to expect spiders and such.

Of course ants and roaches are a different story.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:42 PM

147 posts, read 399,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiner View Post
Believe me, I don't work for PETA or anything . . . but are spiders really pests? We do live in a relatively wooded city. You have to expect spiders and such.

Of course ants and roaches are a different story.
lol, yeah I don't mind them

Old 11-06-2007, 11:22 PM

990 posts, read 1,744,155 times
I had the system in my Florida house. They would come, inject the fluid into the outlet and were done in ten minutes.

I remember reading an article online about one of there systems clogging and making the occupants of the home very ill. The family did not know the system was screwed up, they all got progressively sicker over time. After medical tests determined it was a type of pesticide, they eventually found it was the inwall system. Apparently, the people injecting the stuff did not know there was a leak and ended up putting too much into the system. I'll try to dig up the info..

However, it would seem to me that they would know exactly how much a given house would need. I don't know the amounts, but if you service a house every month and it takes, say two gallons and one month your pumping six gallons, wouldn't you think there is a problem?

Old 11-07-2007, 05:46 AM

527 posts, read 1,205,858 times
We also have a Centex house and Tubes-in-the-wall system. Not really any problems with any bugs in the house other than flies. The garage has a spider here and there but it's to be expected where the door is open so much.

Outdoors there are still a whole host of bugs and spiders because they really don't treat the yard other than the immediate perimeter of the house so beneficial insects about the yard are not killed and the spray around the house keeps the bugs away for the most part.

Well worth the money imo. Eventually they'll try and sell you termite control stuff and termite warranties. Haven't looked into those much yet though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte