U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 12:45 PM

7,672 posts, read 9,211,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
There are two in Charlotte but I have only been to the one in Statesville (once - to meet family) since moving back here in 2002.

Locations | K&W Cafeterias
I think I will leave it to my youthful likes. Too many times I tried something I loved growing up only to discover it isn't as good as I remember. Unless someone can vouch for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 12:54 PM

279 posts, read 340,837 times
Fat Boys doesn't disappoint for viking style eating.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:10 PM

5,150 posts, read 6,374,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barфsa View Post
Fat Boys doesn't disappoint for viking style eating.
You'd have to be a Viking according to the Yelp reviews. But I'd rather take a recommendation here

Old 05-29-2013, 03:39 PM

8,402 posts, read 19,359,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
It's not buffet per se, but I did love the K&W Cafeteria growing up. Do they even have those anymore? Gosh it's been years and years since I thought of that place.
Kanes and Walkers?

A buddy who eats there frequently passed that little nugget of humor along to me.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:57 PM

35,886 posts, read 64,853,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I think I will leave it to my youthful likes. Too many times I tried something I loved growing up only to discover it isn't as good as I remember. Unless someone can vouch for it?
Not my thing . . . but then, I despise Cracker Barrel, which the food reminds me of, and many people like Cracker Barrel . . . so take my reviews with a grain of salt, as it were.

As far as Golden Corral . . . all the kids coughing over the food and stuffed spilled on the floors from over loaded plates . . . bleeehhh.

I have a problem with buffets b/c of germs, to be honest. A cafeteria is a lot more sanitary, of course, but the food often is very bland.

I don't like the hospital food here (at Presby or CMS) but in several other towns across the state, I have been known to stop in at the local hospital for a meal. Hubby and I like touring hospitals, lol and yes, that is b/c of our careers. But we have found some darn good food in county hospitals, especially.

Last edited by brokensky; 05-29-2013 at 04:06 PM..

Old 05-29-2013, 04:30 PM

8,402 posts, read 19,359,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Not my thing . . . but then, I despise Cracker Barrel, which the food reminds me of, and many people like Cracker Barrel . . . so take my reviews with a grain of salt, as it were.

As far as Golden Corral . . . all the kids coughing over the food and stuffed spilled on the floors from over loaded plates . . . bleeehhh.

I have a problem with buffets b/c of germs, to be honest. A cafeteria is a lot more sanitary, of course, but the food often is very bland.

I don't like the hospital food here (at Presby or CMS) but in several other towns across the state, I have been known to stop in at the local hospital for a meal. Hubby and I like touring hospitals, lol and yes, that is b/c of our careers. But we have found some darn good food in county hospitals, especially.
I hit the breakfast buffet at GC maybe once a month, but by the time I leave I'm usually getting a little hinky because of the kids running amok, the aforementioned food from overloaded plates, the waste, and sometimes even the other diners' habits. Obviously many of these people ain't had no upbringin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte