Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 06:52 PM

2 posts, read 8,517 times

Advertisements

hy i have a 4 year old female american staffordshire and i wond to breed her but i have searched for american staffordshire breeder near charlotte but they are all in Raleigh
does anyone know of a male akc approved american staffordshire near chalrotte

Old 11-04-2007, 08:11 AM

674 posts, read 804,631 times
Do us all a favor and get that dog fixed. They are not the most safe and the majority of neighborhoods with HOAs look down and/or ban these dogs as they are insurance liabilities.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:33 PM

24 posts, read 94,437 times
Thumbs down You do not need to breed your dog

Why are you breeding your dog?

To make a profit?

So you can have a puppy?

Because it's healthy for your dog to have "just one litter"?

If it's for any of those reasons, you are sadly mistaken.

First of all, if you think you're making money selling the puppies, good luck. It's FAR more expensive to even get another dog to breed with yours!! Not to mention vet bills for the pregnant female, for emergency c-sections, rearing the puppies with EVERYTHING they need to SURVIVE. No, you WILL NOT make money by breeding your dog. Sorry, sad truth.

If you want a puppy or another dog, GO TO THE SHELTER. Plain and simple. Enough said.

If you think it's healthy for a female to whelp one litter, you're dead wrong. Having a litter increases the risk of uterine and mammary cancer by over 50%. Not to mention STDs and potentially fatal infections.

And if you're the kind of person I think you are (meaning you're someone that will just throw a male dog in the backyard for a few days with no further thought), then all of this will be ten times worse for you.

Please don't breed your dog. There are many puppies and adult dogs in shelters that need homes.

If you are a responsible breeder with a high quality titled dog with health, hip, and elbow clearances by the OFA looking for a stud of equal quality, then I apologize. But I highly doubt a responsible breeder would be posting a want ad on City-Data.com.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:39 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
screw wrote one run on sentence

I don't know screw but how can you start assuming what type of person they are from one long run on sentence? I think you guys need to relax there wasn't even a response until you guys decided to assume what this person has in mind.

If they came on here with a name of DMX or Michael Vick then I could understand.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 AM

382 posts, read 1,887,944 times
Please do not breed your dog. The majority of people do not know what they are doing when they try to breed. It's just not a good idea, and its making the overpopulation of unhomed dogs even worse. If you care about dogs, don't breed.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:23 AM

153 posts, read 477,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpocketbooks View Post
Please do not breed your dog. The majority of people do not know what they are doing when they try to breed. It's just not a good idea, and its making the overpopulation of unhomed dogs even worse. If you care about dogs, don't breed.
Yes, I would also respectfully ask you to reconsider as well.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:36 AM

54 posts, read 156,735 times
Default Don't breed...

I don't know anything about breeding dogs but the responses so far seem right on point. Don't breed, please.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:04 PM

2 posts, read 8,517 times
thanks for your opinion and a couple of periods wont make a diffrence since this is not an essay. All the dog knows of is to have litter. also the attitude of a dog when it gets fixed is just depressing they lose a sence to live on. THe breed is not dangerus its the owners of those dogs that made news should be put to sleep.
so any suggestion

Old 11-06-2007, 04:26 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by screw View Post
thanks for your opinion and a couple of periods wont make a diffrence since this is not an essay. All the dog knows of is to have litter. also the attitude of a dog when it gets fixed is just depressing they lose a sence to live on. THe breed is not dangerus its the owners of those dogs that made news should be put to sleep.
so any suggestion
So I defend your question and you shoot at me......Thanks won't do that again.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:58 PM

14 posts, read 42,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by screw View Post
so any suggestion
Completely UNTRUE. Dogs do not lose their will to live if they are fixed. Dogs know many other things than just having litters. Originally dogs were bred for different purposes depending on the breed and frankly THAT is what you should be encouraging NOT irresponsible breeding.

Have you had any clearances done on the dog? What happens if all of the dogs do not sell? Will they go to the pound? What makes your dog one that SHOULD be bred? Are they champions in anything or is it just because they are pretty or good family pets which are both HORRIBLE reasons.

This just doesn't sit well with me at all. I have a rescue dog and I shudder to think what would happen had I not rescued her. For the record, I also have a dog who I got from a "breeder" such as yourself. Unfortunately, she now has hip dysplasia at the age of 3.

I do agree with you though that it is the owners that allow dogs to become the way they are...

You asked for suggestions, so here's mine...DON'T BREED YOUR DOG UNLESS YOU HAVE CLEARANCES AND AN EXCEPTIONAL SPECIMEN OF THE BREED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte