U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-30-2013, 09:12 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,004,073 times
Reputation: 22370

Advertisements

I continually have this issue. Obviously, if I am getting other people's mail on my street (and one street over) then they are having an issue, too. I have asked several of my neighbors -- when delivering their mail that was put in my box -- and yes, they are discouraged, as well.

But this is not a totally new phenomenon. I would say it started about 5 years ago and has gotten increasingly worse. For one thing, we have had four different carriers in less than 18 months! One carrier was wonderful and I thought - okay - no more mixups! YAY! Fixed! But then she suddenly disappeared and it was about four months of utter chaos.

So I don't have a clue as to how to solve the problem. Some things have to be delivered via USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. Sadly, it is the most important things - like credit cards - that are delivered via mail and can't be simply printed off or sent via email . . . and those are the things getting lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-30-2013, 11:15 AM
 
5,150 posts, read 6,638,593 times
Reputation: 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
USPS is an entity of the federal government staffed by federal employees what do you expect? Have you ever encountered a government entity that runs well? I am sure there is some 800 number somewhere staffed by a desk jockey waiting for his 20 years to be up you could call and complain to, or if your house is made of brick you could complain to one of the outside walls.
Entity, yes but independent. Sort of. But the employees are not federal. They are civilian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 05:00 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
2,352 posts, read 4,024,869 times
Reputation: 3035
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
For one thing, we have had four different carriers in less than 18 months! One carrier was wonderful and I thought - okay - no more mixups! YAY! Fixed! But then she suddenly disappeared and it was about four months of utter chaos.
We had a mail carrier we *loved* for close to a year - always said "hi", no misdelivered mail, etc. He helped find our dog when he got out of the fence! Then *poof* he was gone. I saw him delivering a few months later and said "Yay! You're back!" and he said, "No, I'm filling in just for today. They don't let us have regular routes any more, or keep a route for very long." He said the P.O. wanted the carriers to be "exchangeable", which, you see how we'll that's played out. :-/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 05:14 PM
 
5,150 posts, read 6,638,593 times
Reputation: 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
We had a mail carrier we *loved* for close to a year - always said "hi", no misdelivered mail, etc. He helped find our dog when he got out of the fence! Then *poof* he was gone. I saw him delivering a few months later and said "Yay! You're back!" and he said, "No, I'm filling in just for today. They don't let us have regular routes any more, or keep a route for very long." He said the P.O. wanted the carriers to be "exchangeable", which, you see how we'll that's played out. :-/
There's been big talk about load balancing where based on predictions they may shift a driver to a different or additional route. If you end up getting your mail at 8pm you know the prediction was wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2013, 08:59 PM
 
Location: South Park area
7 posts, read 7,681 times
Reputation: 11
We have lived in the same apartment for five years. We have had 2-3 regular mail carriers and easily a dozen subs. We've had mail arrive before noon and at dinnertime. We've received mail (including packages) for other apartments. We've had the same mail re-mis-delivered repeatedly! Even with "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS" written on it in red ink! For awhile packages were left on our doorstep; then they all went to the office to be picked up, and if we were lucky they left us a note telling us we had a package; now they're on our doorstep again. Some days we get no mail at all, then we'll get a suspiciously large amount the next day (like two days' worth of those newspaper inserts). My very least favorite thing is that our outgoing mail is not consistently picked up, so I have to take it to a blue box or the P.O. if I want to know it's gone out. Charlotte mail service sucks. The end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2013, 09:22 PM
 
5,150 posts, read 6,638,593 times
Reputation: 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesslouise View Post
We have lived in the same apartment for five years. We have had 2-3 regular mail carriers and easily a dozen subs. We've had mail arrive before noon and at dinnertime. We've received mail (including packages) for other apartments. We've had the same mail re-mis-delivered repeatedly! Even with "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS" written on it in red ink! For awhile packages were left on our doorstep; then they all went to the office to be picked up, and if we were lucky they left us a note telling us we had a package; now they're on our doorstep again. Some days we get no mail at all, then we'll get a suspiciously large amount the next day (like two days' worth of those newspaper inserts). My very least favorite thing is that our outgoing mail is not consistently picked up, so I have to take it to a blue box or the P.O. if I want to know it's gone out. Charlotte mail service sucks. The end.
It's not just Charlotte. Happened to me in Greenville, NC so I opened a PO Box which just meant I got someone elses PO BOX mail. Same with UPS Store. And when I lived in Jacksonville, NC we'd get Jacksonville, FL mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2017, 11:29 AM
 
1 posts, read 229 times
Reputation: 10
Default Horrible Mail Service Charlotte NC

Ok. So I could see if we lived in the middle of the woods or something... I really could understand that. This is Charlotte NC. What the hell is wrong with you people in mail service?? I mean I am not trying to be rude. But do they slowest losers to deliver the mail or what??? Come on now. This should be illegal..... and if you are waiting on standard mail- you might as well go pick the damn mail up by hand. Because it is going to over a week. For example, mail sent to me from Princeton WV takes 6 days to deliver. Charlotte is literally a 3 hour drive. Are you retards kidding me???????? Omg I'm so pissed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2017, 12:11 PM
 
1,985 posts, read 1,383,447 times
Reputation: 1407
Mail is great where I live in town. Prayers sent to anyone having difficulty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top