U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 09:02 PM

332 posts, read 852,269 times

Advertisements

do anyone know something about this subdivision?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 06:02 AM

367 posts, read 913,303 times
I went through and looked at it. Centex homes I believe. Big development, has different price ranges. The more affordable area, which are still $300+ are on postage stamp lots and all the houses look the same to me. Reminded me of California. Good location though and nice ameneties I recall. The location is why the prices are a little high.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:07 AM

14,693 posts, read 22,464,412 times
Also, do you really want to live that close to 485? Seems like there would be a lot of noise considering you can see the subdivision from the highway.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:15 PM

536 posts, read 1,517,175 times
Thumbs up Centex homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentricbeethoven View Post
do anyone know something about this subdivision?
I know they are the hottest selling subdivision in South Charlotte with over 55 sales in the first half of 2007, for an avg. price of $369,294!

Second hottest is Ballantyne Country club with 35 sales. (Different price point though!)

Old 11-05-2007, 09:28 PM

45,270 posts, read 86,039,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Also, do you really want to live that close to 485? Seems like there would be a lot of noise considering you can see the subdivision from the highway.
Only a handful are within sight of I485 - the vast majority are not seen from it or even hear it. Stone Creek Ranch is in an awesome location!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 AM

125 posts, read 336,699 times
Stone Creek Ranch is a great subdivison. Showed one in the Saddlewood neighborhood, lower price point, and it was very nice. Yes, they are on small lots but HOA does all yard maintenance. Also had open house in Higher priced area more off Audrey Kell, well away from 485 sight and it was also an awesome home. There are some that are w/in sight of 485 but if that is not your prefernce there are certainly many others that are not. Straight shot up Tom Short to Ballantyne Commons (Stonecrest) or Ardrey Kell to Providence/16 at the 485 Exchange, or Ardry Kell to Rea at Blakney. There are also the new Shops at The Fountains at intersection of Tom Short and Ardry Kell. Great Location.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 5,781 times
Default Also need relocation suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymom4 View Post
Stone Creek Ranch is a great subdivison. Showed one in the Saddlewood neighborhood, lower price point, and it was very nice. Yes, they are on small lots but HOA does all yard maintenance. Also had open house in Higher priced area more off Audrey Kell, well away from 485 sight and it was also an awesome home. There are some that are w/in sight of 485 but if that is not your prefernce there are certainly many others that are not. Straight shot up Tom Short to Ballantyne Commons (Stonecrest) or Ardrey Kell to Providence/16 at the 485 Exchange, or Ardry Kell to Rea at Blakney. There are also the new Shops at The Fountains at intersection of Tom Short and Ardry Kell. Great Location.

My family and I may also be relocating to Charlotte within the next several months. I would be working off of Arrowood Rd. What communities in your opinion would be the most desirable for a family in the $500k price range? This includes schools, commuting distance, shopping, etc... I've been told to consider Fort Mill, Ballantyne or Union County.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnesteruk View Post
My family and I may also be relocating to Charlotte within the next several months. I would be working off of Arrowood Rd. What communities in your opinion would be the most desirable for a family in the $500k price range? This includes schools, commuting distance, shopping, etc... I've been told to consider Fort Mill, Ballantyne or Union County.
I would nix the idea of Union county considering your job location - big traffic headache. I would highly recommend areas of south Charlotte (just not as far as where it reachs Union county) and Fort Mill.

One very nice neighborhood with beautiful homes in your price range is Park Crossing. It is very near South Mecklenburg High School and would give you easy access to work. I will send you a link to a home there for you to see.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:15 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,133,097 times
Park Crossing is an excellent recommendation Loves!

Old 11-16-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Park Crossing is an excellent recommendation Loves!
Thanks There are some lovely ones for sale in there right now. I have always really liked Park Crossing for its bigger lots and mature trees and greenery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte