U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 03:46 PM

26 posts, read 119,406 times

Advertisements

If you guys want a job in the IT sector, I can get your resumes looked at... and that's about it.

I cannot guarantee you a job, or even an interview, but I can assure you that a recruiter will take a look at your resume/cover letter, send me a DM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 05:47 PM

125 posts, read 167,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCoqui View Post
I'm wondering where all the supposedly unemployed people looking for work in Charlotte are.
I work for MetLife and am in the process of trying to fill 3 positions in Charlotte, the positions have been posted for 3 weeks and I've had only one good resume! The positions pay well and don't even require a college degree. Where are the folks hungry for work?

A few of my co-workers that are also hiring down there are having the same problem. Wondering where the highly skilled people clamoring for work are? Please send them our way!

Come on man, there is no way that you haven't received any resumes. I can think of five people of the bat that have applied for multiple jobs at MetLife. People are beyond hungry for decent paying jobs here. Also what is your definition of a good resume. A recruiter once told me that companies would put "walking on water" as a job requirement, if they could get away with it that is.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:20 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,094,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by super karate man View Post
Come on man, there is no way that you haven't received any resumes. I can think of five people of the bat that have applied for multiple jobs at MetLife. People are beyond hungry for decent paying jobs here. Also what is your definition of a good resume. A recruiter once told me that companies would put "walking on water" as a job requirement, if they could get away with it that is.
He didn't say that. "...and I've had only one good resume!" can mean anything other than walking on water.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:22 PM

625 posts, read 199,724 times
I'm not saying that we haven't received ANY resumes. I'm saying that the out of the three that made their way down to me, only one was one what I thought met the needs of the position. Same for my co-workers who are trying to fill a positions.

One co-worker told me that one person in their resume mentioned their religion and how God is part of every decision they make -- not very professional!

I'm not looking for someone that can "walk on water", in fact, I don't want top of the line since those are the ones that tend to jump ship the first chance they get. I want someone who doesn't think too highly of themselves and is willing to learn something new and be committed and passionate about what they do. I'm willing to train them, they just need to be interested in the job and not just be there so that they can do "something". Our team is very passionate about what we do and we're looking for someone that can bring that same level of energy.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:23 PM

BTW -- I'm a she.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:07 AM

279 posts, read 357,929 times
Quote:
I'm not saying that we haven't received ANY resumes. I'm saying that the out of the three that made their way down to me, only one was one what I thought met the needs of the position.
It sounds like your issue is with your HR department and not the quality of applicants in the Charlotte area.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:43 AM

1,670 posts, read 5,797,937 times
Do a job search on Dice.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:56 PM

3,521 posts, read 2,233,082 times
Quote:
I'm not saying that we haven't received ANY resumes. I'm saying that the out of the three that made their way down to me, only one was one what I thought met the needs of the position. Same for my co-workers who are trying to fill a positions.

One co-worker told me that one person in their resume mentioned their religion and how God is part of every decision they make -- not very professional!

I'm not looking for someone that can "walk on water", in fact, I don't want top of the line since those are the ones that tend to jump ship the first chance they get. I want someone who doesn't think too highly of themselves and is willing to learn something new and be committed and passionate about what they do. I'm willing to train them, they just need to be interested in the job and not just be there so that they can do "something". Our team is very passionate about what we do and we're looking for someone that can bring that same level of energy.
NJCoqui, I'm not sure I saw what kind of jobs are you looking to fill, Operations, IT?

Old 06-03-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
NJCoqui, I'm not sure I saw what kind of jobs are you looking to fill, Operations, IT?
Operations with some IT. I'm in an interesting department. Our team assists with technical and functional questions but we're not in the IT side of the house since we also do training. I have an IT background but do a lot of strategic and analytic work. I'm looking for people that are technically savvy but with business and people skills.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:59 PM

12 posts, read 19,258 times
I was doing some more research on the area and it seems to me that the sys admin, networking, infrastructure, etc. positions in Charlotte are pretty competitive. When I look for software development and business analyst positions, there are quite a few at least according to the job sites. It does somewhat surprise me that more IT positions aren't available with the number of companies that have moved to the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or