Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2013, 02:34 PM

8 posts, read 27,350 times

Advertisements

Hi,
we narrowed down our house hunt to 2 great options, and before we proceed to place an offer - is there any concern of future schools changes? blackstone is zoned to wesley Chapel, and then Weddington middle and high, while Champion Forest zoned to new town elem, and cuthbertson middle and high. We have young kids, and are concerned that current great schoold might change to less desirable (below 8 on greatschools) ones.
Please reassure us that we are making the right decision....
also - comparing Blackstone to Champion forest, anything we should take into consideration? Any red flags?
Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 02:53 PM

430 posts, read 804,254 times
Both neighborhoods are only surrounded by excellent neighborhoods. I just looked at great schools, and there's no way either neighborhood could be zoned into a school under an 8 (or really under a 9 as the only 8 in the area that I saw for elementary is Waxhaw). You cannot go wrong with either district IMO.

I also have a few friends in each neighborhood, and I've only heard great things about both. My neighborhood backs up to Blackstone, but we are zoned for New Town. I love living around here.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:35 PM

8 posts, read 27,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralaylin View Post
Both neighborhoods are only surrounded by excellent neighborhoods. I just looked at great schools, and there's no way either neighborhood could be zoned into a school under an 8 (or really under a 9 as the only 8 in the area that I saw for elementary is Waxhaw). You cannot go wrong with either district IMO.

I also have a few friends in each neighborhood, and I've only heard great things about both. My neighborhood backs up to Blackstone, but we are zoned for New Town. I love living around here.

Thank you for such a prompt reply! happy to hear that both locations are as we expected, and that re-zoning should not be a concern.. Thank you Laura!

Old 06-02-2013, 04:12 PM

5,453 posts, read 6,041,816 times
Toss up for either one, but I would lean toward Champion Forest just because they are directly across the street from Cuthbertson Middle and High. It would be extremely difficult to redistrict Champion Forest out of the Cuthbertson Cluster.

The only change might be at the elementary level. If and when the new elementary is built on the Cuthbertson sight I could see Champion Forest moving from New Town to the new elementary right on campus.
The growth plans for Lawson and surrounding area leads me to believe the school board will build it's next elementary somewhere between Porter Ridge and Sun Valley or on the Cuthbertson cluster reserved site. Maybe both if you look at the current residential revival in UC.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:46 AM

430 posts, read 804,254 times
Is the new elementary school still happening? I'd heard that it was postponed indefinitely, but I haven't looked into it.

Even if it does happen, I'd seriously doubt that it'd be anything except an excellent school. All the other new ones in this area (Kensington, New Town, Cuthbertson Middle and High, Marvin Middle and High) have opened up and been great right from the start.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:22 AM

8 posts, read 11,186 times
Default Transfer to Tampa airport

Hi All
My husband is transferring to Tampa airport. We live in PA..in the Woods.so not sure about the area..We have K and 7th Graders. Need great School district please help..But on the sinkhole map Hillsbourgh, Pasaco and Hernando are on their..WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? it sounds scary. Please give some advice. THANKS

Old 09-25-2013, 06:56 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,816,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn123 View Post
Hi All
My husband is transferring to Tampa airport. We live in PA..in the Woods.so not sure about the area..We have K and 7th Graders. Need great School district please help..But on the sinkhole map Hillsbourgh, Pasaco and Hernando are on their..WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? it sounds scary. Please give some advice. THANKS
This is for the Charlotte regions. You might want to post/move this in the North Carolina board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte