U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 AM

8,231 posts, read 11,616,305 times

Advertisements

A link to a NY article on their parade..l

Israel Hayom | New York celebrates solidarity with Israel at annual parade

Despite the oppressive heat, and surrounded by increased security, tens of thousands of people flocked to New York City's Fifth Avenue on Sunday to show their support for Israel at the annual Celebrate Israel Parade. Some 35,000 people from 200 different organizations and delegations took part in the parade, as hundreds of thousands of spectators crowded the sidewalks on either side, waving flags and pro-Israel signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 AM

5,150 posts, read 6,663,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post

Despite the oppressive heat, and surrounded by increased security, tens of thousands of people flocked to New York City's Fifth Avenue on Sunday to show their support for Israel at the annual Celebrate Israel Parade. Some 35,000 people from 200 different organizations and delegations took part in the parade, as hundreds of thousands of spectators crowded the sidewalks on either side, waving flags and pro-Israel signs.
so, a Jewish organization sponsors that event. By that logic, he is petitioning us therefore this is a Jewish forum.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:45 AM

5,896 posts, read 7,753,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post

Key word is "the Celebrate Israel Parade." As there is only one in the entire country.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:48 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,847,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Israelundivided1948 View Post
I find this not only odd, but also disrespectful to the Jewish community.
This is The United States of America... Does Israel have a "Solute to the United States" parade?

If you don't like it, go back to Israel.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 AM

21,996 posts, read 27,299,353 times
Quote:
My faith is very important to me. Given that my people have endured persecution over the millennia, it is important that other faiths recognize us. Would one be a troll if he inquired about St. PATRICK'S Day?
This is wrong on so many levels.

NYC is the only city in this country with such a parade. If this is a deal breaker to you, the good news is that 85 also runs north where it joins 95. If it's not a deal breaker, plan a trip back to NYC for your parade.

persecution? . . .I suppose that the people who are descended from slaves also deserve a parade, by your logic.

Some of my ancestors were Native Americans. By your logic, are there supposed to be Oops, sorry we killed your people & stole your land parades?

Let's get down to brass tacks here. Israel is a foreign country. Most of my ancestors were Scottish. Does that mean that we're supposed to have a Salute to Scottish oppression by the English parade?

Demanding respect never ends well.

Had you come on here & asked who you could speak to concerning organizing an event, you would have gotten a very different reaction. When you move to another part of the country, you learn to adapt to the differences or you go home. You are not owed a parade. If you want one, organize your own.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:54 AM

33 posts, read 53,632 times
Why celebrate Israel? Do you know how it was established, how many innocent people died co few can have a new country?
You can be the first to organize " Charlotte celebrates Jewish heritage parade". NYC is a different city , lots of @ss kissing here so any parade is good for politics. Gov. Cuomonist, big mouth Shummer and other NYC Democrats love it. Did you know that the most religious Jews which are hasidic orthodox do not recognize Israel as a country?
I live in Brooklyn NY for over 30 years ,lots of changes over the years. Bad areas become nicer, nice areasgo bad, quality of life really goes down, people are selfish. Today my street is 95% hasidic orthodox Jewish. They do not go to Israeli parade. Most of them even won't move to Israel because they love life in the U.S. - food stamps, section "8". All these years I never see them flying American flag on Memorial Day or July 4.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM

11,802 posts, read 9,394,580 times
Not sure why the OP feels it's disrespectful because Charlotte and every other city besides NYC doesn't have this parade.

Is it really about faith or is it about politics?

Old 06-03-2013, 01:30 PM

5,150 posts, read 6,663,593 times
Did the City Council rebuff the State of Israel? They are one of the sponsors. So, maybe they should be asked. Celebrate Israel | Welcome to the Celebrate Israel website

Old 06-03-2013, 02:06 PM

3,813 posts, read 3,317,508 times
Quote:
My faith is very important to me. Given that my people have endured persecution over the millennia, it is important that other faiths recognize us. Would one be a troll if he inquired about St. PATRICK'S Day?
Then start one. I'm sure the rest of us Gentiles wouldn't mind an Israel parade.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:40 PM

21,996 posts, read 27,299,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Not sure why the OP feels it's disrespectful because Charlotte and every other city besides NYC doesn't have this parade.

Is it really about faith or is it about politics?
I gave that some thought & while my initial thought was politics, I think that the answer is neither. I think that it's about entitlement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or