Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 06:21 AM

150 posts, read 324,913 times

Advertisements

This weekend, while walking through Howie Acres Park off Sugar Creek, I ran up on two men doing something that should never be seen or repeated verbally. They got up and ran, pulling their pants up while running. It was the most disgusting thing ever.

Is this a normal occurrence in these inner city parks? Obviously these two men were gay, but I would imagine straight couples do the same thing. I would rather not take my children to a Charlotte Mecklenburg park if this is the type of thing that goes on there. And if I can't take my children to the parks, I don't think my tax dollars should have to pay for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times
Ugh, thankfully I've never witnessed this and we go to parks every weekend.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:40 AM

37 posts, read 62,067 times
Used to hear about this in our parks years ago. Not so much anymore.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:48 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
"I don't see nothing wrong, with a lil' bump and.... "

actually I do, that's nasty.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:29 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,597,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrm View Post
This weekend, while walking through Howie Acres Park off Sugar Creek, I ran up on two men doing something that should never be seen or repeated verbally. They got up and ran, pulling their pants up while running. It was the most disgusting thing ever.

Is this a normal occurrence in these inner city parks? Obviously these two men were gay, but I would imagine straight couples do the same thing. I would rather not take my children to a Charlotte Mecklenburg park if this is the type of thing that goes on there. And if I can't take my children to the parks, I don't think my tax dollars should have to pay for them.
You obviously cannot control the actions of complete strangers who decide that some "bumping grind" at the local park fits outside their definition of unacceptable behavior. And I don't think threatening to withhold your tax money is going to cause them the rethink their actions.

But I do hope that you at least alerted the local police (I assume there's a station not too far from there?) to let them know this is happening. Assuming these two upstanding citizens return for another rendezvous, having police officers know that they need to keep an eye out for that area a bit better may lead to them being caught and charged, and sending a message to not only those men, but anyone else that having a "bumping grind" (sorry, but I enjoyed that statement) session there is going to get them arrested.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:32 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:

Your tax dollars will be averted to something else I'm sure after you complain and as far as the couple your saw I would think the best thing to do is report the incident to your local Law Enforcement Agency so they are aware and possibly put more time into patroling the area.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:58 AM

239 posts, read 376,861 times
Quote:

To my non-African American brother, the phrase is Bump-and-grind, NOT "bumping grind". lol. I, too, enjoyed your version of that though.. hehe

Old 06-03-2013, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the input. What I mean by "I don't think my tax dollars should have to pay for it," may better be stated as "moving out of Mecklenburg County, so my tax dollars don't support Mecklenburg County."

It's not just the parks. It's everything. So many of the public facilities in Mecklenburg county are either neglected (like the previous mentioned park) or overtaken by rowdiness (rude un-parented kids), activism, filth, etc... At any rate, I'm just tired of my tax dollars in Mecklenburg County going to pay for things that I would rather not take my children to.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartwell35 View Post
To my non-African American brother, the phrase is Bump-and-grind, NOT "bumping grind". lol. I, too, enjoyed your version of that though.. hehe
Not to get off topic, but, believe me, in this sense, they were definitely "bumping grind."

Old 06-03-2013, 09:03 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Thanks for the input. What I mean by "I don't think my tax dollars should have to pay for it," may better be stated as "moving out of Mecklenburg County, so my tax dollars don't support Mecklenburg County."

It's not just the parks. It's everything. So many of the public facilities in Mecklenburg county are either neglected (like the previous mentioned park) or overtaken by rowdiness (rude un-parented kids), activism, filth, etc... At any rate, I'm just tired of my tax dollars in Mecklenburg County going to pay for things that I would rather not take my children to.
You make it sound like the city is encouraging this behavior by posting hook up times and providing condoms on park grounds..

you can't blame the city for the actions of individuals...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte