Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2013, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,555 times

Advertisements

Husband has a new job in Davidson. We homeschool my son who is currently involved in piano and gymnastics. Are there any recommendations or nonrecommendations of where to move? We have lived in the city before, but do like to have some land; we currently have over three acres of land and no HOA.

Also, are there any recommendations for lessons in piano and gymnastics?

Last edited by Homeschooling Family; 06-08-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 02:38 PM

4,039 posts, read 4,939,737 times
There's Cabarrus County Gymnastics. I know two other homeschooling mom's that take their daughters there. Look in Concord maybe the western part of Cabarrus County. If you'd like to take a look at some neighborhoods with an HOA concentrate on one's off of highway 73 in Cabarrus County and also Shiloh Church road. There's the Farms at Davidson Pointe or another neighborhood they are still building but I can't think of the name.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:50 PM

186 posts, read 435,316 times
It would be helpful if you could provide an idea of budget parameters. Davidson is a beautiful town, but there are not a ton of housing options and they tend toward the expensive side. It is very family friendly, and has a quaint classic downtown area, there are always people walking around especially on the weekends going to events on the green, getting ice cream or having breakfast. Homes in Davidson proper can be lovely old farmhouses or Victorians or even brick ranches with large half acre to acre lots, but usually start around 400-500k and go on up to $1MM or more. For a bit less, you can get into a neighborhood like McConnell, or for a bit more, there is River Run. Davidson has some additional options, though not many, out Shearer Rd with more land, but that also tends to come with septic and well water and sometimes few options for things like internet. A little more detail about whats on your must have/wish list will help point in the right direction.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:38 AM

371 posts, read 1,099,089 times
Check out Lake Norman Mommies. Tons of info and forums directed specifically to your questions. Great way to meet other homeschooling moms too!

Old 06-09-2013, 01:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,555 times
We currently live on well/septic, so that is not an issue. I would prefer to have at least an acre, and I tend to like newer houses (our house was built in 2006). Budget: $500,000 or less. We would need good internet though, as we often work from home.

I don't mind being on the outskirts, but would prefer that my husband not commute more than 1/2 hour--right? I mean we are moving there so he doesn't have to travel down there as much as he currently does!

Old 06-09-2013, 03:10 PM

4,039 posts, read 4,939,737 times
Waterford Hall is the name of the subdivision. It's located off of Shiloh Church road. It has a Davidson Address and he should have a commute less than 30 minutes.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:02 PM

186 posts, read 435,316 times
Your best bet for staying close to Davidson, will be either Anniston or Archer Ridge. Both are just east of Davidson, the drive to DT Davidson would be about 10 minutes along back roads with little traffic. Archer Ridge will have the largest lots. That area north and east of River Run may have additional properties, but won't be in neighborhoods. It's a peaceful section of the area with a number of horse farms and family farms, but not too far from the shopping and amenities of the North Meck towns. Also, I just remembered that White Lightning is opening a new facility off Bailey Rd close to Davidson. Not sure about program specifics, but they are tumbling and cheer. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte