Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 08:47 AM

150 posts, read 323,319 times

Advertisements

Just taking a quick "street view" tour down that road on Google Maps, I can see flipped over grocery buggies on the sidewalk, sofas on people's front porches, broken down cars in parked in people's front yards without license tags... I'd stay away... run and don't look back.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Eastw...vflZFknHsOMPJA

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Eastw...gJ6w0H4AA&z=19

Last edited by jeffrm; 06-12-2013 at 08:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 10:49 AM

140 posts, read 238,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrm View Post
Just taking a quick "street view" tour down that road on Google Maps, I can see flipped over grocery buggies on the sidewalk, sofas on people's front porches, broken down cars in parked in people's front yards without license tags... I'd stay away... run and don't look back.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Eastw...vflZFknHsOMPJA

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Eastw...gJ6w0H4AA&z=19
Seriously? I see two shopping carts at a bus stop (which I have also seen on Providence Rd) and a parked (how do you know it's broken down?) car with the license plate BLURRED OUT by Google's algorithm.

What kind of beige, cookie-cutter neighborhood do you live in that this looks rough to you?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:11 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,178,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theory87 View Post
You don't need to worry about zombie attacks in the area you are looking at, OP. Some people think they are going to be murdered if they ever set foot outside Ballantyne or Waxhaw.
You may be right but my question is what would it hurt to take just one night time visit to a place you could spend many years living at...The OP may also check and find any neighborhood watch data and review police crime records for the area. There have been several car break ins and property vandalism in my neighborhood and I would never have known if I didn't check my local neighborhood watch web site.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:24 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,638,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrm View Post
Wow, really? I saw we'll-maintained yards - even if they weren't all uniformly fake-fern green, like HOAs prefer - no junk cars, no trash... Are we looking at the same links? It's a mixed-income neighborhood.

I just saw an abandoned grocery cart yesterday at East Blvd. & Cumberland Ave... guess we better tell Dilworth residents: hide yo kids & hide yo wife!! Run!

Old 06-12-2013, 04:29 PM

I think a late night zombie patrol is certainly justified for this area. I did notice that there seems to be a public bus route with pick up points around the area. This is also an indicator......No city buses go by MY house....I prefer it that way.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:55 PM

359 posts, read 589,826 times
First off it is right next to a terrible HS...and I mean absolutely terrible. The kids skip out daily and are up to no good.

Personally that area is bad. We all have different opinions on good/bad obviously. It is a higher crime area and the surrounding area is just not what I would want to live in.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:07 PM

128 posts, read 221,492 times
Hi,
I'm the person who posted that lives in the neighborhood. I too recommend that you pick some nice Friday or Saturday night at go by at around 11pm. I think this is a judicious choice to do - I did it before I moved in. I think it's a good idea for home buyers to check out the property at different times of the day for instance to check and see if there is a lot of traffic at rush hour or if it's hard to get out of the neighborhood in the morning. I would rather live on a quiet street so was glad to find that indeed my street is that.

But, this statement I find to be a bit much.
"I think a late night zombie patrol is certainly justified for this area. I did notice that there seems to be a public bus route with pick up points around the area. This is also an indicator......No city buses go by MY house....I prefer it that way."

I like to call people "people" and not "zombies." Also, what is a bus an indicator for? That elderly people who don't have a license any longer are able to get to the grocery store? That it might be a very convenient neighborhood to live in and commute to uptown? Or that people *gasp* might not all have cars and therefore might be low-income or working class and that *gasp* some of the people might not be white? Hmm...I think I've figured out your super secret code.

If I've misunderstood your "code" please feel free to explain.

Blessings~

Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 PM

Before you mention race again I will answer your question... Being on the bus line means to me that the zombies don't have to have a car to come to your neighborhood,,,thats all so please dont read something else into it.. Night time zombies don't act like regular people with a purpose on their way from one place to another...Night time zombies walk real slow....checking out every one and everything in every direction ..You will recognise one when you see one.Let the home buyer do his own investigation of the matter. Don't forget that the zombies dont always walk, some of them ride together in cars but they drive slowly as is the nature of the "nighttime zombie"

Last edited by crestliner; 06-12-2013 at 05:25 PM..

Old 06-12-2013, 05:24 PM

23 posts, read 89,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I think a late night zombie patrol is certainly justified for this area. I did notice that there seems to be a public bus route with pick up points around the area. This is also an indicator......No city buses go by MY house....I prefer it that way.
Nor to my house, however wish I could afford a house on Colville Rd. where the bus goes.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:39 PM

128 posts, read 221,492 times
Hi,
How gracious of you to continue to use the term "zombie" in reply to a post where I said how it seemed offensive and not just once but over and over. How silly of me to have offered as the person who actually lives in the neighborhood an opinion. I agree someone who lives far away is by far the best person to offer advice, especially balanced advice. I'm sure you noticed where I said that I thought Academy is among the rougher streets in the neighborhood. How kind of you to have noticed that I agreed with you that a late night visit would yield whether the street was quiet or not. How wonderful that you assume that I have lived in such a charmed atmosphere that I have no "street smarts" to determine if someone walking on my street is casing my home. Lastly, I am truly amazed by how color blind you are as you make anonymous posts that could be interpreted in many ways from your (I'm guessing nearly all white) suburban safety zone where teens never abuse alcohol and drugs and therefore are free from threats of the living dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte