Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,076 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are relocating to charlotte later this month and put a deposit in Camden Stonecrest Apartment in south charlotte ( zip 28277). We have tw0o kids, 5 and 7 and we found that schools are good in area.
Can anyone help me with the review of the Camden Stonecrest apartments. More interested in knowing if its kids friendly. We are from India and while we get along well with anybody easily, wondering if there are some Indian families in the apartments.
Both of us work in charlotte uptown and so any insights into commute will help.

thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 08:50 PM

531 posts, read 1,079,379 times
Yes, there are Indians in that communities. You need to depend on bus for your commute : check the routes and timing here. CATS Home
Have you looked into bus routes/timings? Not sure if there are buses from that location to downtown. I
Once you have a USA driving license, the drive is bit of a pain during rush hours on 77 towards downtown.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:22 PM

983 posts, read 2,541,943 times
I lived across from this community and see lots of Indians there. There is a bus line on Rea Rd that I see a lot take it, not sure if it runs all the way to uptown or you have to switch. This is a great area with tons of stuff to do. Welcome to Charlotte.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:22 AM

286 posts, read 689,026 times
Me and my family lived in this development for 2 years - it was chosen because of the schools. At the time my son attended Ardrey Kell High School. The complex is great, large Indian population there and in the surrounding communities.

The staff at the time in the office was very accommodating and maintenance handled issues very quickly. When I was there they had just begun updating their units, should be finish by now. The newer apartments are nice.

As for transportation, like a previous poster mentioned there is a Bus stop on Rea Road, I believe it travels to Uptown. Rush hour can get pretty hectic in the morning, especially during the school year. 485/77 usually stop and go.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,076 times
Thank you all.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:26 AM

6 posts, read 7,096 times
Hello vasubathina,

I believe you are in Camden Stonecrest Apartment and I exactly have same questions that you had. I am moving to Charlotte from New Jersey and have decided to go with this apartment. I have 5 year old son.

Just wanted to check if this apartment is kids friendly and if the school bus (for Hawk Ridge Elementary) comes inside the apartment complex. Also how about Indian community?

Your response would be of great help. Thank You!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte