U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Nez Nez started this thread

30 posts, read 115,668 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I recently moved to Charlotte and was wondering if any women had any suggestions of a good OBGYN in the South East Charlotte area. I recently went to Mintview OBGYN of Ballantyne and had an extremely bad experience there. Their nurses and staff are very ill informed and unprofessional. Although I have only seen women in the past, I am open to seeing a male doctor if you felt they were qualified and made you feel extremely comfortable. I am 25 years old and would like a doctor that is outgoing and I can feel comfortable asking any questions to. Thank You in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 07:31 AM

755 posts, read 2,244,811 times
I sound like a broken record, but Philip Solomon at Carmel Ob/Gyn is WONDERFUL. There have been a couple of threads about this subject. You can use the search feature to find them to get some other names.

Good luck! I'm sorry about your bad experience.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:13 AM

373 posts, read 1,331,553 times
Dr. Craig Gourley at Charlotte OB/GYN. 704-446-1700

Old 11-07-2007, 08:24 AM

422 posts, read 1,216,621 times
I went through the same exact thing! So after tons of research I found the BEST PLACE. Created by women, and run by women. I love it there. They have a great website too... its Arboretum Obstetrics & Gynocology
Its called Arboretum Obstetrics and Gynocology. I see Dr. Sophia Paige.
Good Luck..

Old 11-07-2007, 01:11 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,170,125 times
Any reviews for Eastover OB/Gyn?
Thanks.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:27 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,666,193 times
Default Dr. Solomon

I like Dr. Solomon so far..we will see. I am very picky! I didn't like that they don't do a routine urine exam. I also thought his pap was a little rough! haha!
However he is very nice and listens to you!

Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 PM

928 posts, read 3,534,796 times
Avoid Rochelle Brandon she's awful.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:20 PM

755 posts, read 2,244,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Thanks.
Bear in mind this happened ten years ago (almost exactly) but here goes:

I had my first child with Eastover. When I was pregnant with my second, I was almost eight months along when I called to schedule an appointment with my doctor. (Doctor Fisher) They said that he had decided to stop doing OB work.

"Was he ever going to let his pregnant patients know that?"

"Well, when you're pregnant you're considered a patient of the practice."

"But I'm only going to the practice because of Doctor Fisher."

That's how I ended up as a patient of Doctor Solomon.

At Eastover it was like I was on a conveyor belt as soon as I got into the building. I felt as though I never got any personal care whatsoever. They always asked for my patient number, not my name. I waited for an hour and a half to get an ultrasound.

As a matter of fact, my husband registered me at the hospital with his last name because he was afraid the baby would be given my last name. When my daughter was six weeks old, Eastover called me to ask about the bill for my delivery.

"We prepaid what wasn't covered by insurance."

"We have that you had no physician and we have no record of insurance for you."

"What?! I went to your practice throughout my entire pregnancy.......wait a minute.....look up Cynthia M"

"Oh yes....here it is. We have no record of your delivery."

"So according to your records, I'm 47 weeks pregnant? Was anyone going to check up on me?"

Old 11-07-2007, 04:33 PM

382 posts, read 1,747,349 times
Another vote for Dr. Solomon. Glad to see so many people like him too They're new office is really nice.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:41 AM

118 posts, read 409,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Thanks.
Dr. Grant Campbell, he's great over at Eastover Obgyn. The one in the University area. Very easy to talk to, and always wants you to call him Grant. He's also a specailist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte