U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 05:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,611,405 times

Advertisements

Housing developments are again rising rapidly in Harrisburg, a Charlotte suburb, with building permits reaching 94 as of the end of May. Permits peaked at 114 in 2011.

Harrisburg Town Council d approved a request by Stephen Pace for the development of more than 200 homes on roughly 108 acres. That development will be located on the north side of Rocky River Road, about a half-mile west of the Robinson Church Road intersection.

Another major development was approved earlier this year. M/I Homes of Charlotte, LLC was approved to develop 297 units on 225 acres at the southeast quadrant of the Rocky River Road/Hickory Ridge Road intersection.

Harrisburg sees new surge in home building - The Independent Tribune: News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 AM

2,743 posts, read 1,770,426 times
From all my searching neighborhoods in this forum, these look like good areas. Is this correct? By good I mean crime rate. I would be working in Gateway Village, but I'm not so concerned about the commute.

Thanks for the info you all post here. You don't know how valuable it is!

Old 07-01-2013, 03:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,611,405 times
Yes, very good area with nice homes. You can Google those intersections above view Satellite image of existing neighborhood like Abbington. If you have kids they would go to Hickory Ridge which is just a few blocks away of these proposed sites.
A plus or minus is you will be close to 485. It will be quick access but you may encounter highway noise. My guestimate their will be enough distance between these develpments an the highway you probably just a small hum which you get use to.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:23 PM

2,743 posts, read 1,770,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Yes, very good area with nice homes. You can Google those intersections above view Satellite image of existing neighborhood like Abbington. If you have kids they would go to Hickory Ridge which is just a few blocks away of these proposed sites.
A plus or minus is you will be close to 485. It will be quick access but you may encounter highway noise. My guestimate their will be enough distance between these develpments an the highway you probably just a small hum which you get use to.
Thanks for the info. We have one college age daughter, so schools aren't so important anymore. At the present time we live almost directly under an interstate highway so the noise wouldn't be a big deal either.

We are a couple in our 50's and just want a small home, something like 1400-1600 sf. We don't need the 2,000-2,500 sf home. At least that's what my wife says.

Good idea on the google satelitte. I've been searching these forums with the names of the neighborhoods and found many useful threads. I think my only concern is the possibility of flooding, but we intend to come there and rent first instead of trying to buy long distance. If I goof on an apartment, I can get out. Buying a house is a different story...

Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 PM

53 posts, read 82,665 times
Harrisburg is very nice.

Peace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte