U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-16-2013, 01:27 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,858 posts, read 27,128,289 times
Reputation: 8929

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdugan View Post
Ok so I have another update!

My husband and our realtor spent a week looking at SEVERAL house in kings mt. And Shelby. My daughter and I went up this past weekend to look with them.

We have decided to live in...........CHERRYVILLE!! We found a house that is perfect for us and we currently have a contract! If everything goes well, we will close on it the middle of January!!

I'm so excited, and I wanna thank y'all again for all the time and effort to help us with our search!

Can't wait to being our lives in this beautiful state
Congratulations on finding something, but I have to ask if you tried a commute to a potential worksite in Charlotte? Cherryville will probably add 20 - 30 minutes to your commute. It won't make a significant difference for your husband.

Last edited by southbound_295; 10-16-2013 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-31-2013, 12:30 PM
 
27 posts, read 38,623 times
Reputation: 10
I haven't checked out a route to work yet... I have to get with the supervisor there and discuss where I want to work. I know it'll add a commute, I'm used to driving 45mins or more to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2013, 04:17 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,858 posts, read 27,128,289 times
Reputation: 8929
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdugan View Post
I haven't checked out a route to work yet... I have to get with the supervisor there and discuss where I want to work. I know it'll add a commute, I'm used to driving 45mins or more to work.
Where are the 7-11s? They have a billboard on 74 between Kings Mountain & Gastonia. There must be one within proximity to Belmont or Mt. Holly. If your work location is in South Charlotte, you will look back on 45 minutes fondly. This is why I suggested Kings Mountain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2013, 11:58 AM
 
1 posts, read 640 times
Reputation: 10
Just wanted to say thanks from another reader here in Central Florida for helping us out with your conversation! We have a very similar situation. My husband and I are also looking into moving from our home here in Ocala Fl, to somewhere in the vicinity of Shelby / Kings Mountain. We also are looking for a rural living area with a quality elementary school nearby. I found all of your info very helpful, and I would also like to stay updated on your move! Thanks SB you seem to be the resident expert on the area :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2013, 09:22 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,858 posts, read 27,128,289 times
Reputation: 8929
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalamom View Post
Just wanted to say thanks from another reader here in Central Florida for helping us out with your conversation! We have a very similar situation. My husband and I are also looking into moving from our home here in Ocala Fl, to somewhere in the vicinity of Shelby / Kings Mountain. We also are looking for a rural living area with a quality elementary school nearby. I found all of your info very helpful, and I would also like to stay updated on your move! Thanks SB you seem to be the resident expert on the area :-)
Thanks. I'm just another transplant, but I live out here.

Use the "search this forum" function then start a thread to get your questions answered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2013, 05:09 PM
 
27 posts, read 38,623 times
Reputation: 10
Hey everyone!

SB...there is a 7-11 that is going to be closer than I thought cant say exactly where just yet I talked to the supervisor in that area. Looks like the transfer will be easier than I thought!

Ocalamom....SB, is a WONDERFUL help!As is everyone on here! I'm soooo glad I found this forum
When are you moving? I'm not too far from Ocala....we've camped there many of times

We close on our house in January....I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2013, 05:20 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,858 posts, read 27,128,289 times
Reputation: 8929
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdugan View Post
Hey everyone!

SB...there is a 7-11 that is going to be closer than I thought cant say exactly where just yet I talked to the supervisor in that area. Looks like the transfer will be easier than I thought!

Ocalamom....SB, is a WONDERFUL help!As is everyone on here! I'm soooo glad I found this forum
When are you moving? I'm not too far from Ocala....we've camped there many of times

We close on our house in January....I CAN'T WAIT!!!!


I heard that one is going in as a truck stop at exit 106 in SC last winter. If that's right don't post it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:34 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top