U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 PM

983 posts, read 2,167,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monksy View Post
CLT-MUC is a new route and its pretty good. Go on other routes and you may have troubles. I won't fly with them again. Its a very long story, but the end results in: tried contacting customer service, their response: "we don't care."

I haven't had nearly as bad of an experience with US Air and I'm not even in their FF program. I'm Gold on United. [which they hate (same alliance)]

If I was going to Munich I'd prefer CLT-FRA and then taken the train down.
I think this is the response of every airline now.All of them take advantage of people and you never get the same answer from two people. I had to pay $100 for luggage one mg last flight with USAir while lady sitting next to me didn't. Who will listen to me about this.

to the OP, I travel a lot and usually find a good connection if I don't stick to just US air. CLT is a great airport, easy to get in and out and soon will have more great covered cheap parking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 07:40 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,447,231 times
Quote:
Well connected to the rest of the country? Pretty bad. Its good if you have a VERY flexible schedule. Its good if you consider a connect through DCA/PHL to be reasonable.
Really? When I was still flying every week, about 90% of my trips around the country out of CLT were direct flights. When one can remove connecting flights and fly direct, that is always a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happehart View Post
I had to pay $100 for luggage one mg last flight with USAir while lady sitting next to me didn't. Who will listen to me about this.
Do you know why she did not have to pay for her luggage? Preferred US Scare members get to check a bag (one per person) for no fee.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:22 PM

3,446 posts, read 3,123,378 times
Quote:
Well connected to the rest of the country? Pretty bad. Its good if you have a VERY flexible schedule. Its good if you consider a connect through DCA/PHL to be reasonable.

FRA flight? They have one at 3pm and another at 8PM via US Airways. If you want to make a foolish mistake, there is CLT-MUC 1x daily @ 5PM via LH. [I wouldn't suggest it]

There is at least one daily flight to LHR. [Previously LGW]
In my old job, I flew weekly to all parts of the US and with the US Air Hub, Charlotte is one of the more connected airports in the country...what are you talking about? Although US Air service has improved, I met people who regularly flew connections through Charlotte via USAir instead of Delta to avoid Atlanta hell.

Nonstop flights to LA, Vegas, San Fran, etc. etc...it made traveling out west convenient....I avoided connections like the plague.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or