Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:56 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
Yes, but you exaggerated. Not 1 person from Charlotte in this thread had said anything outrageous! I'm sorry but I have been to Denver and its not all that greater than Charlotte. Yes, it has better light rail, however Charlotte has better bus service. Yes Denver has mlb and is denser in its core,however this doesn't make it better. I'm sorry but for Charlotte to be the smaller metro it can DEFINITELY go toe-to-toe when it comes to amenities, progressiveness, economy,diversity, skyline,livability,etc...
U are a homer.... feltdesigner is a rational poster. You on the other hand think Charlotte can do no harm which is why u have become a such a big homer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 12:04 AM

1,037 posts, read 2,046,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
U are a homer.... feltdesigner is a rational poster. You on the other hand think Charlotte can do no harm which is why u have become a such a big homer.
ok, I am a homer because I told the truth??? C,mon man he said Charlotte was jealous of some cities. Charlotte could LOOK at other cities to IMPROVE in some areas, but jealous???Staysean STAY in the ATL room

Old 07-16-2013, 02:22 AM

173 posts, read 296,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Would it upset you if they did?

You seem to have issues with Denver for some reason. I don't care if it's Denver, NYC or Buffalo... as long as it's a good idea who cares where it comes from.
I don't have a problem with Denver. The city is very overrated and I don't see any reason why Charlotte would use Denver in particular as a city to strive to be like in the future, but no, I don't have a problem with a city lol.

So to answer your question, not at all. Because it's not going to happen.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:58 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calilovin View Post
I don't have a problem with Denver. The city is very overrated and I don't see any reason why Charlotte would use Denver in particular as a city to strive to be like in the future, but no, I don't have a problem with a city lol.

So to answer your question, not at all. Because it's not going to happen.
I never said anything about striving to be like another city.

You said you doubted Charlotte looked to Denver for transpo ideas... if it's a good idea, why wouldn't we use it?

I think we should use idea's from ANY city if it will improve Charlotte. I don't care if it's overrated, underrated, overpopulated or under populated.

This link also shows that we did look to Denver for Transpo funding ideas
http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte....html?page=all

Nothing at all with cherry picking from other cities.

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 07-16-2013 at 07:11 AM..

Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
ok, I am a homer because I told the truth??? C,mon man he said Charlotte was jealous of some cities. Charlotte could LOOK at other cities to IMPROVE in some areas, but jealous???Staysean STAY in the ATL room
You keep making things up.

I didn't say Charlotte was jealous..

I said some people in the Charlotte CD sound jealous when comparing other cities to Charlotte.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:32 AM

279 posts, read 447,483 times
Quote:
This link also shows that we did look to Denver for Transpo funding ideas
What Charlotte can learn from Denver?s experience - Charlotte Business Journal
Interestingly the Denver system works on a regional basis because the city gave up control of the transit system where it went to a regional elected body. I can't see the Charlotte city council and mayor supporting a similar move with CATS. They are so vehemently opposed to a similar regional Airport authority.

The rest of the counties absolutely will not join a similar system as long as CATS reports only to the CLT mayor and council. So while they might have looked at Denver, I'd say they most likely dismissed it.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barфsa View Post
Interestingly the Denver system works on a regional basis because the city gave up control of the transit system where it went to a regional elected body. I can't see the Charlotte city council and mayor supporting a similar move with CATS. They are so vehemently opposed to a similar regional Airport authority.

The rest of the counties absolutely will not join a similar system as long as CATS reports only to the CLT mayor and council. So while they might have looked at Denver, I'd say they most likely dismissed it.

I'm not a fan of the Regional Airport Authority....

I listened to 1110AM on the way home last night and they were talking about the RAA. I was surprised to hear most conservative listeners call in and oppose the move? CLT is the most efficient and cost effective airport in the nation given it's size. The GA screams of smaller government but now they want to fix a system that isn't broken? It's politics gone wrong IMO.

Like someone asked... "Where was the push when Pat was Mayor?"

Why now?

Old 07-16-2013, 09:46 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreasymin View Post
Lmao! Smh

Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 AM

1,037 posts, read 2,046,494 times
Quote:
You keep making things up.

I didn't say Charlotte was jealous..

I said some people in the Charlotte CD sound jealous when comparing other cities to Charlotte.
You did not say people SOUND JEALOUS. You said that People ARE jealous. Either way I don't agree. I didn't make up anything. Either way Charlotte is on the right track and there is nothing wrong with looking at other cities to improve.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:36 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calilovin View Post
The amenities are due to it's geographical location. As Charlotte is the hub for majority of Upstate SC and the Central/western portions of NC.
I'd say Charlotte is a hub of the Carolinas in general--which is an overall more populated region with smaller, yet sizable cities of its own. Denver is the hub of a less populated region, which is why it has more amenities and carries more importance for its size.

Quote:
I agree about transit. But Charlotte isn't saying "Wow, look at Denver's transit and amenities. We need to get them here."
That's mainly because Denver is so far removed from Charlotte. The closest "model" so to speak is Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte