U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 03:03 PM

358 posts, read 473,983 times

Advertisements

Hi, my wife and I are considering looking into purchasing a new home (either custom built by us or one already built). We have only bought one home before and love it and the neighborhood we are in. It is a rancher and about 1550 square feet (also built mid to late 90's). We currently live around Northlake Mall area and love it but are willing to move any number of places. The concern is I work in Mooresville and she works in Ballantyne (somewhere in between would be best). Now we have easy access to 77 & 485 which is awesome!

If we buy new we are looking for 2000+ square feet, 2+ car garage, 2+ bathrooms, and more than a sliver of property. We currently have about 1/3 of an acre and realize we will likely end up with a smaller amount of property (hopefully not less than about ..22-25 acre though). The price range we are looking in is definitely under 200K and possibly closer to the 165-185k. It will depend on how far we can make our money go for us with the (still good) interest rates. I realize that if we could spend 200K without an issue that would probably open up a lot of other options but I feel (even if we were approved for that); that is more than where we would want to be currently.

Any suggestions on a builder/development/ or otherwise? We have traveled around and looked a little in some developments by Ryland and Eastwood homes. But need to do homework on reputation, etc. I'm not sure about TrueHomes, Oakmont homes, DR Horton, etc.

Any suggestions or info on experience with these builders or locations would be Greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or