Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 04:32 PM

11 posts, read 27,870 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Mooresville area in May for school and business. We are wondering about the housing aspects of living on one side of the lake vs. the other, (along the I-77 corider vs. the open areas towards Hickory and Maiden) What about fences for your dogs? I see some posts where fences are not allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2006, 04:48 PM

889 posts, read 3,117,425 times
Intersting that you are. My husband and i are leaving Calif. ( house is for sale) and relocating in that area as well. I saw on another post about the Nascar tech school that you mentioned. My son attended it a few years ago, has a fabulous job and bought himself a nice home in Mooresville. We will be joining soon.
Any luck on house hunting???

Old 04-11-2006, 03:36 PM

58 posts, read 344,462 times
My brother just bought a house in that area. If you are going to move there now is the time. There was just an article in the local paper about how the real estate prices are about to go through the roof in that area (near I-77). And I say, if it's good enough for my brother, it's got to be good!!
I don't know how this compares to the other side of the lake, I would think it's all a matter of opinion. If you live near I-77 it would be an easy commute to Charlotte.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:42 AM

So is Mooresville o.k or if i can afoard it, being close to or on lake Norman better?
How is the Sherrills Ford area?

Old 04-12-2006, 12:54 PM

58 posts, read 344,462 times
Default Water is always better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc
So is Mooresville o.k or if i can afoard it, being close to or on lake Norman better?
How is the Sherrills Ford area?

I myself would prefer to be on the water, but the prices on land and homes is quickly rising. I'm not familiar with Sherrills Ford area, I googled it and it seems to be a small town. Here is the info I got:
uninc. town (1990 pop. 3,185), Catawba co., near W shore of L. Norman reservoir
Agr. area (grain, soybeans, sorghum; chickens, cattle, hogs, dairying).
Mfg. (car-washing equip., signs).

Old 04-12-2006, 09:03 PM

Thank you Jason. We just sold our house here so we may end up there in a few weeks to go check it all out!!!

Old 04-14-2006, 09:09 PM

110 posts, read 168,265 times
Just flew out of RDU to come back to Orlando... Right over Mooresville. Now this was a 737 which is quiet compared to my husband's plane that sounds like an F-16!!! When it lands or takes off at RDU, you will know it if you live in Mooresville!!! I would move away from the airport if I were you...

Old 04-14-2006, 11:26 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,966 times
Smile From the OC to the NC

My husband and I are also relocating to the Charlotte area, looking at the Weddington/Waxhaw area. We are looking at newer homes with a minimum of an acre as we will be building a garage out building to house our 2 classic muscle cars and a workshop for the husband. We can hardly wait to cruise the backroads and attend car shows at Lowe's. Nascar, how bad have you got it, well I have it bad and it's my husbands fault. We have attended the Coca Cola 600 and a race at Rockingham (of course Cal Speedway 4 or 5 times). You have to make sure you attend Speed Street in downtown Charlotte. They close main street down in between the Celebrity Race (formerly the Winston) and the 600. They have driver autograph signings, food, bands it's lots of fun. My brother and sister in law live in the Charlotte-Matthews area so we want to stay with in a close drive. I have been researching the cities by going to the Chamber of Commerce's for each city and just reading every website I can. I even found a website on how to pronounce things in Charlotte, I found out I was pronouncing everything wrong! Looking forward to our new adventure.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:01 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzM
Just flew out of RDU to come back to Orlando... Right over Mooresville. Now this was a 737 which is quiet compared to my husband's plane that sounds like an F-16!!! When it lands or takes off at RDU, you will know it if you live in Mooresville!!! I would move away from the airport if I were you...

That's Morrisville in the Raleigh area not Mooresville in the Charlotte area.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:05 AM

293 posts, read 958,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
My husband and I are also relocating to the Charlotte area, looking at the Weddington/Waxhaw area. We are looking at newer homes with a minimum of an acre as we will be building a garage out building to house our 2 classic muscle cars and a workshop for the husband. We can hardly wait to cruise the backroads and attend car shows at Lowe's. Nascar, how bad have you got it, well I have it bad and it's my husbands fault. We have attended the Coca Cola 600 and a race at Rockingham (of course Cal Speedway 4 or 5 times). You have to make sure you attend Speed Street in downtown Charlotte. They close main street down in between the Celebrity Race (formerly the Winston) and the 600. They have driver autograph signings, food, bands it's lots of fun. My brother and sister in law live in the Charlotte-Matthews area so we want to stay with in a close drive. I have been researching the cities by going to the Chamber of Commerce's for each city and just reading every website I can. I even found a website on how to pronounce things in Charlotte, I found out I was pronouncing everything wrong! Looking forward to our new adventure.

Hey Nancy,
We just got back from the Pocono raceway where my husband did the drive program( a gift from me for his b-day). He did the 20 mile. That track is huge! What an awesome experience! He LOVED it!! We can't wait to get to Charlotte for Speed Street. What's the website to pronounce things in Charlotte? That should be interesting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte