U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 06:55 PM
LLN

4,977 posts, read 8,725,736 times

Advertisements

The whole deal, even the protest, iis stoked by the little ugly EDUCATION reality.

Educated folks with critical thinking skills can differentiate the issues, evaluate and synthesize the many facets, and draw logical conclusions.

On the other hand the uneducated, relying solely on concrete thought , can only grasp "Zim killed Trayvon". And that is all they can grasp.

Education, not race is the great divide.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:20 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,354,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
As you said: The protests really aren't so much about the actual tragedy as it is about the ineptness and negligence of local law enforcement and related entities (e.g., medical examiner's office) in the immediate aftermath

There was a ton of police, etc ineptness and negligence after OJ murdered his wife and her friend.
Yep... and this is exactly why most whites reference the OJ trial. The OJ trial is a prime example of what blacks feel when justice isnt served. Funny how its the only trial that is brought up when having this discussion.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:21 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,091,986 times
How could it not be about the case?

Old 07-20-2013, 07:28 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,354,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barфsa View Post
If they were serious about Justice & Peace they'd be protesting the large number of Blacks shot dead by other Blacks. (Black on Black murder rate is 93%) It's only when the odd shooting from a White, Asian or in this case a Hispanic occurs they get riled up. What does this tell you?

Bunch of noise about nothing, IMO (since you were asking)
Typical response Frew... I hear this Chicago response everytime people talk about this case. There have been rallies in Chicago, there have been discussions and frustration over the murders in Chicago... but what the heck does that have to so with the GZ case?

Old 07-20-2013, 08:03 PM

2,352 posts, read 4,028,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
The whole deal, even the protest, iis stoked by the little ugly EDUCATION reality.

Educated folks with critical thinking skills can differentiate the issues, evaluate and synthesize the many facets, and draw logical conclusions.

On the other hand the uneducated, relying solely on concrete thought , can only grasp "Zim killed Trayvon". And that is all they can grasp.

Education, not race is the great divide.

There are highly educated folks protesting & demonstrating & writing about justice, dissatisfied with the outcome of the trial, and highly educated folks who believe justice has been served. I'm not sure what you're saying.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:41 PM
NDL

3,155 posts, read 3,624,563 times
This thing could get way out of hand - very quickly.

We must try to overcome evil with good.

If we don't, our Nation will be in serious trouble.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:49 PM
LLN

4,977 posts, read 8,725,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post

There are highly educated folks protesting & demonstrating & writing about justice, dissatisfied with the outcome of the trial, and highly educated folks who believe justice has been served. I'm not sure what you're saying.
If you say so. The verdict was quite predictable based on the charge and the evidence. Anyone that cannot understand that is, well, not that sharp. Dissatisfied about the outcome, so they take to the streets???? That is too much even for those with the entitlement mentality. But it is not worth arguing about.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:11 PM

7,183 posts, read 11,207,756 times
That's the concept I find so unbelievable. These protests are baseless. Justice was served according to the law.

Oh well, what do I know?

Old 07-20-2013, 09:45 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,843,725 times
I agree with KNOW JUSTICE, KNOW PEACE phrase. I never thought there should be a trial in the first place and I see nothing wrong with the verdict. I am thankful the jury was smart enough to view this case with logic rather than emotion.

I hear about Republicans having a war on women; but I am disgusted with the lack of respect these marchers are showing to these women that gave their time and did their job well. All women should take this into account when they vote the next time.

I am more interested in having women treated with respect and having their opinions valued than I am in women having the choice to murder their babies. There is enough birth control available that any smart woman should not need an abortion.

Last edited by NCN; 07-20-2013 at 09:53 PM..

Old 07-20-2013, 09:55 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,768,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
This thing could get way out of hand - very quickly.

We must try to overcome evil with good.

If we don't, our Nation will be in serious trouble.
No the people that cause the "disturbances" will be in serious trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte