U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:57 AM

2,143 posts, read 2,610,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Lol, I am not a UNC fan at all.....Univ of Maryland. You're making a mountain out of a molehill and it reeks of psycho envy....again, just an observation. UNC hasn't inched down one bit in academic ranking or reputation and other than the quick mention on TV, blog etc. no one seems to care but the wacky NC State bunch. Do you really think parents are going to dissuade their kid from attending UNC because of a football scandal? If so, shut em all down. The NCAA has spoken, it is over. I think UNC considers Duke a rival and NC State more of a pest that won't go away....again, just an observation....maybe that's why y'all hate em so much.
A football scandal? You either can't read or refuse to do so. It includes their academic staff, basketball and football players. But yeah, just football.

And by pest that won't go away, you mean beating them 5 out of the last 6 times? Guess that would be a bit of a pest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Louisville has one more year before they join... PITT will win the ACC this year.

I doubt Louisville falls back to earth... I have a feeling Strong is building something special. Only problem is if a big time school snatches him up.
You're right...I can't keep up with who's coming and going and when anymore. Louisville will have another great year and Teddy will be gone (most likely) when they join the ACC unfortunately. Would love to see him play in person.

Strong is a good coach and a solid recruiter, I like him a lot. Will be tough to keep him there if a bigger name SEC school comes calling or one of the other major football powers (Texas, USC, etc..).

Old 08-03-2013, 07:32 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,132,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
A football scandal? You either can't read or refuse to do so. It includes their academic staff, basketball and football players. But yeah, just football.

And by pest that won't go away, you mean beating them 5 out of the last 6 times? Guess that would be a bit of a pest.
Oh, I can read but at a distinct advantage in this case because my existence isn't to create mythical charges or dwell in this obsessive hyperbolic UNC-hate land. Please provide me any information on NCAA sanctions levied against UNC to any program other than football? And the 1-year bowl ban has been served. Anything else seems to be wishful thinking or holding on to all hate hope.

Good, you dominated them in football and the coach got fired. I think when NC State moves beyond worrying about or beating UNC it'll do a world of good to eliminate the insecurity. The future is bright.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:27 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,686,127 times
We need to get this thread back on topic, which is about the ACC versus SEC matchup in the Belk Bowl, not about scandals surrounding UNC or about NC State's hatred for Carolina that they gloat over every piece of bad news surrounding Tarheel athletics! If State fans are that insecure, that's on them!

Old 08-03-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Oh, I can read but at a distinct advantage in this case because my existence isn't to create mythical charges or dwell in this obsessive hyperbolic UNC-hate land. Please provide me any information on NCAA sanctions levied against UNC to any program other than football? And the 1-year bowl ban has been served. Anything else seems to be wishful thinking or holding on to all hate hope.

Good, you dominated them in football and the coach got fired. I think when NC State moves beyond worrying about or beating UNC it'll do a world of good to eliminate the insecurity. The future is bright.
By mythical you mean 1.2 million results on the internet documenting all the issues?

The whole point was that while some schools get the hammer dropped on them for seemingly small infractions, you have a school such as UNC that gets a single year bowl ban, a few game suspensions and then they all pat themselves on the back and say how it's over. Well, three years later, issues are still being exposed and new ones are being created nearly monthly (see PJ Hairston). All of this with relatively no consequences which does give them an advantage in recruiting as they can sell the "Carolina Way". Which, is the comparison to the SEC and their advantage in terms of bringing in questionable "students" that the ACC wouldn't allow in. You put all schools and conferences on a level playing field and it changes a lot of things, right now that's certainly not the case.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:25 PM

11,717 posts, read 9,341,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
The year prior FSU beat Notre Dame in their bowl... what bowl did Notre Dame play in this year... hmm...

Now you are just reaching way too far.

FSU barely beat an 8-4 ND team in 2011.... I'm embarassed you would even try to use NDs success from last year. LOL...

I'm definitely reaching with PITT. I have no expectations this year. Their best RB showed up fat and out of shape and then left the team... then asked to return and was denied and now he goes the WVU. Could be a long year but a win over FSU on 9/2 would be awesome. Its the perfect game for FSU to blow.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:11 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,938,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
FSU barely beat an 8-4 ND team in 2011.... I'm embarassed you would even try to use NDs success from last year. LOL...
It was the same starting team minus Tommy Rees and Ta'o Imaginary Girlfriend.

Quote:
I'm definitely reaching with PITT. I have no expectations this year. Their best RB showed up fat and out of shape and then left the team... then asked to return and was denied and now he goes the WVU. Could be a long year but a win over FSU on 9/2 would be awesome. Its the perfect game for FSU to blow.
Less than a month to go. Pitt isn't ready for Jameis Winston.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:26 AM

11,717 posts, read 9,341,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
It was the same starting team minus Tommy Rees and Ta'o Imaginary Girlfriend.

Less than a month to go. Pitt isn't ready for Jameis Winston.
It wasnt the same team... please stop it.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:51 AM

3,453 posts, read 3,106,095 times
It was nice to see Bama roll all over ND. Lord knows I got tired of the hype around ND

Old 08-04-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
It was nice to see Bama roll all over ND. Lord knows I got tired of the hype around ND
Agreed. I'll enjoy them playing many ACC schools each year and hopefully one of them ruining their season for them.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte