Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:25 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,461,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Give it up dude, you're pressing hard and the light blue envy is showing. Please name the multiple people, professors, tutors, felons, crips and bloods....lol. You know that sounds crazy and wishful thinking. I've never seen a fanbase so intent on bringing "down" the other evil empire. It's kind of pathetic and sad at the same time because it doesn't "exist" at NC State...flat out BS. Students cheat and athletes cheat and cut corners....don't get it twisted.
Fun fact. Type in "UNC Athletic Scandal" into Google and search. You'll get well over 1 MILLION results returned. That's not "crazy and wishful thinking", that's the scandal you want to broad brush so bad across ALL institutions you are willing to make yourself look like, well, a person that's either really not a sports fan, not able to search, unwilling to accept that maybe, just maybe, UNC isn't this mythical place of higher learning that all others should be measured by or you just can't see facts regardless of how clearly presented they are.

So, since you are unable to search Google yourself, here are a few articles that basically supports me saying UNC has rogue professors, administrators, tutors, support staff, coaches and even some fun random felons thrown into the mix for the heck of it. It is, afterall, the "Carolina Way".

Some Academic Support staff issues anyone?

We do love it when professors and administrators get involved too!

What about random felons?!

Eh, here are some more on the professors and student athlete advisors for good measure.

Did you want coaches involved with agents, we've got those too!!

I mean, literally, the list goes on and on. Hey, and look, none of those sources are NCSU websites, fans or alumni! How can that be though?! I thought ONLY State fans wrote bad things about poor little Carolina??? Nope, turns out almost any and every news outlet out there has wrote a piece on the joke that is academic or athletic integrity at UNC.

Enjoy the reading, I know I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 08:55 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
also... the Louisville hype is all me. I think BCS wins over the SEC hold weight in college football.
2012-13 Florida Gators
Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. Florida Gators - Recap - November 10, 2012 - ESPN - Non-AQ 5-4 team Escape
Missouri Tigers vs. Florida Gators - Recap - November 03, 2012 - ESPN - Bottom Feeder 4-5 Escape
They had two good games i.e. FSU and South Carolina. That's it. Again, total pretender. BCS team, they shouldn't have been.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:43 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Fun fact. Type in "UNC Athletic Scandal" into Google and search. You'll get well over 1 MILLION results returned. That's not "crazy and wishful thinking", that's the scandal you want to broad brush so bad across ALL institutions you are willing to make yourself look like, well, a person that's either really not a sports fan, not able to search, unwilling to accept that maybe, just maybe, UNC isn't this mythical place of higher learning that all others should be measured by or you just can't see facts regardless of how clearly presented they are.

So, since you are unable to search Google yourself, here are a few articles that basically supports me saying UNC has rogue professors, administrators, tutors, support staff, coaches and even some fun random felons thrown into the mix for the heck of it. It is, afterall, the "Carolina Way".

Some Academic Support staff issues anyone?

We do love it when professors and administrators get involved too!

What about random felons?!

Eh, here are some more on the professors and student athlete advisors for good measure.

Did you want coaches involved with agents, we've got those too!!

I mean, literally, the list goes on and on. Hey, and look, none of those sources are NCSU websites, fans or alumni! How can that be though?! I thought ONLY State fans wrote bad things about poor little Carolina??? Nope, turns out almost any and every news outlet out there has wrote a piece on the joke that is academic or athletic integrity at UNC.

Enjoy the reading, I know I did.
You are validating my point....it's sad. Why waste your time worrying about UNC with all this useless nonsense? It is over, the NCAA has spoken, UNC is a top academic university and a couple of bad apples won't change that. They're eligible for bowl games, etc. etc.

I feel your pain, NC State has been really mediocre in sports lately and suffers in the shadow of UNC being the flagship university. I think Yow is hiring the right folks and turning things around. It has to be a bitter pill but reveling in the failure of certain professors and players to measure up to standards is just a pitiful way to be......just an objective observer.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:48 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
2012-13 Florida Gators
Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns vs. Florida Gators - Recap - November 10, 2012 - ESPN - Non-AQ 5-4 team Escape
Missouri Tigers vs. Florida Gators - Recap - November 03, 2012 - ESPN - Bottom Feeder 4-5 Escape
They had two good games i.e. FSU and South Carolina. That's it. Again, total pretender. BCS team, they shouldn't have been.
a total pretender beat FSU and plenty of people brag about FSU's 5 bowl game winning streak even though they played Northern Illinois last year.

Doesn't matter if the Gators weren't supposed to be there... they were and the Ville beat 'em.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
You are validating my point....it's sad. Why waste your time worrying about UNC with all this useless nonsense? It is over, the NCAA has spoken, UNC is a top academic university and a couple of bad apples won't change that. They're eligible for bowl games, etc. etc.

I feel your pain, NC State has been really mediocre in sports lately and suffers in the shadow of UNC being the flagship university. I think Yow is hiring the right folks and turning things around. It has to be a bitter pill but reveling in the failure of certain professors and players to measure up to standards is just a pitiful way to be......just an objective observer.
I didn't expect a Wal-Mart UNC fan to really understand or read any of those links however I did anticipate your only response being why am I wasting my time, yada yada....Google is pretty cool in that it tells you how long a search took, in my case it took .38 seconds to pull back 1.2 Million (even more today!) when you search "UNC Athletic Scandal". So, I don't consider the 30 seconds of my life it took to pull those articles a waste at all.

And by "certain professors and players" you really mean everyone from Chancellor Thorpe who left in disgrace down to the lowly tutor who did plenty of papers for the athletes and many people in between. This is certainly no small thing and anyone with even an ounce of objectiveness in their body could see that.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
a total pretender beat FSU and plenty of people brag about FSU's 5 bowl game winning streak even though they played Northern Illinois last year.

Doesn't matter if the Gators weren't supposed to be there... they were and the Ville beat 'em.
Don't forget FSU played Northern Illinois without their head coach in place who had been hired at NCSU.

The ACC lays plenty of eggs throughout the year and I think Louisville will probably win it this year but I expect them to begin their fall back into mediocrity soon enough now that they are in the ACC. And I'm an ACC fan!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:37 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Don't forget FSU played Northern Illinois without their head coach in place who had been hired at NCSU.

The ACC lays plenty of eggs throughout the year and I think Louisville will probably win it this year but I expect them to begin their fall back into mediocrity soon enough now that they are in the ACC. And I'm an ACC fan!
Louisville has one more year before they join... PITT will win the ACC this year.

I doubt Louisville falls back to earth... I have a feeling Strong is building something special. Only problem is if a big time school snatches him up.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I didn't expect a Wal-Mart UNC fan to really understand or read any of those links however I did anticipate your only response being why am I wasting my time, yada yada....Google is pretty cool in that it tells you how long a search took, in my case it took .38 seconds to pull back 1.2 Million (even more today!) when you search "UNC Athletic Scandal". So, I don't consider the 30 seconds of my life it took to pull those articles a waste at all.

And by "certain professors and players" you really mean everyone from Chancellor Thorpe who left in disgrace down to the lowly tutor who did plenty of papers for the athletes and many people in between. This is certainly no small thing and anyone with even an ounce of objectiveness in their body could see that.
Lol, I am not a UNC fan at all.....Univ of Maryland. You're making a mountain out of a molehill and it reeks of psycho envy....again, just an observation. UNC hasn't inched down one bit in academic ranking or reputation and other than the quick mention on TV, blog etc. no one seems to care but the wacky NC State bunch. Do you really think parents are going to dissuade their kid from attending UNC because of a football scandal? If so, shut em all down. The NCAA has spoken, it is over. I think UNC considers Duke a rival and NC State more of a pest that won't go away....again, just an observation....maybe that's why y'all hate em so much.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 08-02-2013 at 08:07 PM..

Old 08-02-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:

You're an NC State fan and don't seem to know much else about the ACC, especially football; while seemingly invest more time and energy into hating UNC than NC State's recent mediocre results (good baseball year, bout time!). The ACC needed coaches, it costs a lot of money for good coaches, the league is full of talent. I think they've got a finally got a few good ones and had to pay the piper. At one point, SEC coordinators were making more money the many ACC head coaches and still do in some cases.

Louisville seems to have a good coach who can also recruit well, they should be tough for a while.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:08 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:

The year prior FSU beat Notre Dame in their bowl... what bowl did Notre Dame play in this year... hmm...

Quote:
PITT will win the ACC this year.
Now you are just reaching way too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfHowl
Like that would have had any impact on the game. Their star was pure hype and got blown up. Welcome to the real world. That midmajor played no ones all season and fell into that game. They barely won against Army, a team that finished 2-10. They lost to Iowa, a team that finished 4-8. A stupid BCS rule allowed them to play. It was a shame FSU had to play that rotten egg. Smart for the coach to take a job ASAP before the beating as it would have hurt his chances. Shame on the BCS. Sad for all college football fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte