Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,432,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Wisconsin would beat most ACC teams without Wilson... you can try to downplay Wilsons contribution but you know darn well they wouldnt win a Rose Bowl without him that year. The kid is clutch...

Its a shame NC State didnt let him finish his career... pretty scummy to give a senior the boot for a lesser talent.
Ummmm, they didn't win the Rose Bowl. They lost to Oregon in a heck of a game. RW is a special talent and I wish he'd been able to finish his career at NCSU for sure. Glennon doesn't have the same winning instinct that RW did but he's talented as well and did well while at the helm for State, he didn't cost us games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 09:19 PM

3,859 posts, read 4,237,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
I can name multiple people in authority at UNC that no longer work there because of their involvement in this scandal, certainly isn't .01%. You have people that are directly associated with agents, multiple cases of that actually, associated with known felons, professors that make up classes for athletes only, tutors doing improper assisting, etc. etc. the list literally keeps going and going! It's not just the football team either, just look at your boy PJ Hairston. He can't keep his nose out of the police blotter and is even linked to a felon, along with another member of the UNC team, receiving improper benefits and being stupid enough to post it on social media! The NCAA has literally done NOTHING. Ol' Roy FINALLY was forced to "indefinitely" suspend PJ today after this last speeding ticket, in a car that isn't his (shocker) for going 93 in a 65. I am sure Roy will make him sit the entire first half of the blue/white game to show UNC and his loyal, blind fans just how serious he is about running a tight ship. Certainly LMAO at all the UNC fans that somehow, someway, still justify all the nonsense that has gone on over there for the last few years.
Give it up dude, you're pressing hard and the light blue envy is showing. Please name the multiple people, professors, tutors, felons, crips and bloods....lol. You know that sounds crazy and wishful thinking. I've never seen a fanbase so intent on bringing "down" the other evil empire. It's kind of pathetic and sad at the same time because it doesn't "exist" at NC State...flat out BS. Students cheat and athletes cheat and cut corners....don't get it twisted.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:31 PM

15,361 posts, read 12,551,524 times
Quote:
Ummmm, they didn't win the Rose Bowl. They lost to Oregon in a heck of a game. RW is a special talent and I wish he'd been able to finish his career at NCSU for sure. Glennon doesn't have the same winning instinct that RW did but he's talented as well and did well while at the helm for State, he didn't cost us games.
I stand corrected... it was such a good game it felt like they won. If they had a few more seconds I think they would have tied it up.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Who in the heck in the sorry ACC would have beat Wisconsin two years ago? Maybe our ACC Champ Clemson that got smoked by WVU, giving up 70 points along the way? The ACC has been so mediocre in football for so long it's hard to even say that we'd be really competitive with teams in the Big East much less the Big Ten, certainly not before we got Louisville.
And you think the B1G isn't mediocre???? Have you kept up with CFB the last the 5 years? Florida State for one. I'm still trying to figure out what other conference has all these great teams aside from the SEC...sure, they show up to get beat by the SEC teams in the title game, might as well send an ACC team to do that. You might wanna do a little research and compare head-to-head since inception of the BCS in 1998. What destroys ACC rep is the pathetic BCS record, 3-13 where the so-called top teams have failed. However, the overall record in head-to-head games against other conferences tell a different story.

As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if an ACC team breaks the SEC stronghold on the national title.

Louisville? Why all the Louisville hype...I don't get it...they hung on to dear life to beat UNC last year after blowing a 30 pt half time lead.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=322590097

I do like the long term value of Louisville but let's not forget the bread and butter of the league is FSU and Miami...I think some other teams will surprise this season and going forward.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 07-29-2013 at 09:54 PM..

Old 07-30-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
And you think the B1G isn't mediocre???? Have you kept up with CFB the last the 5 years? Florida State for one. I'm still trying to figure out what other conference has all these great teams aside from the SEC...sure, they show up to get beat by the SEC teams in the title game, might as well send an ACC team to do that. You might wanna do a little research and compare head-to-head since inception of the BCS in 1998. What destroys ACC rep is the pathetic BCS record, 3-13 where the so-called top teams have failed. However, the overall record in head-to-head games against other conferences tell a different story.

As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if an ACC team breaks the SEC stronghold on the national title.

Louisville? Why all the Louisville hype...I don't get it...they hung on to dear life to beat UNC last year after blowing a 30 pt half time lead.

North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Louisville Cardinals - Recap - September 15, 2012 - ESPN

I do like the long term value of Louisville but let's not forget the bread and butter of the league is FSU and Miami...I think some other teams will surprise this season and going forward.
Miami is done... they aren't the bread and butter, more like toast.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 AM

239 posts, read 374,508 times
Well, I wanna get back to projections expectations for the 2014 Belk Bowl:

I saw an article stating that, more than likely, the match-up would be between a #4 or 5 seeded SEC team, and a #5 or 6 seeded ACC team.
I checked the ending-conference standings from last year, and if the new Belk Bowl wouldve been played after last season, then we wouldve been looking at a possible South Carolina vs North Carolina/NC State match-up . Can you say SELL OUT???? lol.

So I am excited!

Old 07-30-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post

North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Louisville Cardinals - Recap - September 15, 2012 - ESPN

also... the Louisville hype is all me. I think BCS wins over the SEC hold weight in college football.

As far as head to head... I truly think the SEC is top heavy and wouldn't be surprised if they are .500 or worse vs a few conferences in head to head matchups the last few years. No one cares about a team beating Auburn or Ole Miss during the season. The heated rivalries like FSU vs Florida and Clemson vs South Carolina..along with BCS matchups are what matters.

Part of this is due to the SEC love from CBS and ESPN and those wacko SEC fans who chant SEC when they win and insert "it was a down year for __________" anytime an SEC team loses.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Miami is done... they aren't the bread and butter, more like toast.
Miami done? Every great program goes through periods of struggle. Miami brings back 10 starters on both sides of the ball, had a top 10 recruiting class last year and a top 5 recruiting class in 2014. If the coach is as good as advertised, it's just a matter of time. Come on, it's the U. There isn't a program in the country better positioned to make an exponential rise or a statement.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
also... the Louisville hype is all me. I think BCS wins over the SEC hold weight in college football.

As far as head to head... I truly think the SEC is top heavy and wouldn't be surprised if they are .500 or worse vs a few conferences in head to head matchups the last few years. No one cares about a team beating Auburn or Ole Miss during the season. The heated rivalries like FSU vs Florida and Clemson vs South Carolina..along with BCS matchups are what matters.

Part of this is due to the SEC love from CBS and ESPN and those wacko SEC fans who chant SEC when they win and insert "it was a down year for __________" anytime an SEC team loses.
BCS matchups are really just hyped bowl games. The ACC hasn't been strong at the top the past 7-8 years so the lackluster performance in the BCS games is expected. Don't worry, joining the ACC, Louisville will get to play a lot more SEC teams. I do have high expectations for Charlie Strong and Louisville, I think the ACC is going to be a strong football league in a few years. It might sound crazy but I fully believe an ACC team will dethrone the SEC title run....after all, Miami, FSU, and Clemson is essentially SEC talent...and Charlie Strong is recruiting SEC-type talent.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:23 AM

I just hope PITT improves... thank goodness the Sunsuckeri is gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte