U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,160 times

Advertisements

Dear Charlotte,

My wife and I are looking to move and have found a house we love in the 3rd ward about three blocks off of where the Panthers practice (Greenleaf Ave. and Cedar St.).

We are coming down one more time to take a look before we make an offer, but anything we should know about the house being so close to the practice field?

Just for the record we are football fans, but was not sure if the area got a lot of rowdy foot trafic of people watching or something crazy we just did not think about.

Any other advice or things we should keep in mind about the 3rd ward would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 PM

11,717 posts, read 9,341,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp View Post
Dear Charlotte,

My wife and I are looking to move and have found a house we love in the 3rd ward about three blocks off of where the Panthers practice (Greenleaf Ave. and Cedar St.).

We are coming down one more time to take a look before we make an offer, but anything we should know about the house being so close to the practice field?

Just for the record we are football fans, but was not sure if the area got a lot of rowdy foot trafic of people watching or something crazy we just did not think about.

Any other advice or things we should keep in mind about the 3rd ward would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Rowdy Panther Fans

Old 07-24-2013, 02:22 PM

569 posts, read 1,221,331 times
Just don't move down here wearing your dirty birds jerseys at our Panther home games. Seriously though I don't think you will have any issues. I have friends that live in that area and they have never seemed to have any issues. Now if you were a Falcons Fan....maybe.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:57 PM

239 posts, read 310,232 times
I dont think you would have any issue. I drive over there all the time after work, and its a very very quiet area. Sometimes you have people through the tarp to look onto the field, but its not like they are having a tailgate. lol.

Very quite area. You will be more than fine.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:56 PM

109 posts, read 169,721 times
Nothing to worry about Panther fan wise.

I will tell you two things to keep in consideration - neither of which I judge or make a statement about, but you should be aware.

Just down the block is Hartigan's an Irish pub that is a lot of fun, however - like all nightlife establishments - can have some noise traffic issues.

Also just down the block is the Charlotte Rescue Mission which is a christian based homeless and addiction center. They actually are pretty tightly run and I've never heard of an incident in the area because of their residents.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:40 AM

239 posts, read 310,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTMark View Post
Nothing to worry about Panther fan wise.

I will tell you two things to keep in consideration - neither of which I judge or make a statement about, but you should be aware.

Just down the block is Hartigan's an Irish pub that is a lot of fun, however - like all nightlife establishments - can have some noise traffic issues.

Also just down the block is the Charlotte Rescue Mission which is a christian based homeless and addiction center. They actually are pretty tightly run and I've never heard of an incident in the area because of their residents.

Well, on second thought...... lol. hehe

Old 07-25-2013, 07:10 AM

533 posts, read 764,651 times
I use to work across the street at Enventys. Them practicing is pretty peaceful. Not a lot of fans afterwards usually when they leave the field. You can bring balls/jerseys and they will sign them for you.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:31 AM

900 posts, read 1,396,016 times
Crappy location is deep in 3rd ward.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,160 times
Thanks for all the input, going to look into the Charlotte Rescue Mission too.

Much appreciated!

Old 06-06-2019, 09:40 AM

Location: NOT in the Land of lollipops & unicorns...I live in reality.
1,014 posts, read 943,643 times
I guess this all MOOT now...as they are MOVING it ALL to the Rock Hill area in SC! I'm seeing a new stadium down there in the future!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte