Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:19 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukepoke View Post
Original Mattress manufactures great mattresses for the money. Everyone else, I mean every manufacturer now makes mattresses that are one sided, i.e. you can flip them and sleep on the other side. Sooo, you end up with worn out mattress much quicker. I bought a really nice King Size mattress from them for about 920 for the set, including box springs. It is two sided so that you can flip it....very comfortable and supportive and it really has nice weight to it.
Agreed, I've got a Queen from Orig. Matt. and we flip every couple of months. I've had it for almost 5 years and it's still as good as new. I think I paid $600-700 for my set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 03:47 PM

111 posts, read 165,340 times
My mattress is from Original Mattress Company, I obviously am the minority on this thread because I hate it! We have had an awful time with both the mattress and the store (south blvd). It was their top of the line mattress in 2000. It was great for about 2years then it went downhill. It is very uncomfortable, has huge dips where my husband and I sleep (btw we are not overweight). I wake up in pain every morning. We have tried getting them to replace it but the indentions were 1/8 in too shallow to qualify and the store is rediculous to deal with. Just mho. Good luck with whatever you buy. We are looking to replace it with the sleep number bed.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:30 PM

211 posts, read 708,539 times
We went with the Original Mattress queen pillowtop for around $600, had it for a few months and have no complaints (well the wife would rather have a king size).

Old 02-16-2008, 05:22 AM

7 posts, read 41,633 times
I bought my mattress and box springs from Mattress Factory when I moved here last spring. Their quality and customer service is excellent. I think their prices are very competitive with some of the other big name mattress brands. I love my bed! Make sure you get high thread count sheets :-)

Old 02-16-2008, 06:21 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Another pleased customer of Original Mattress.
Bought several things from them over the years.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 18,637 times
Default Not Happy

I bought a King siza mattress and box springs from the Original Mattress Factory and within a month I noticed body impressions in the mattress. I've flipped it and rotated it every which way and it's only gotten worse. The mattress has no support and it is now very misshaped. (The only sweet spot is the very middle of the bed.) When I first noticed the body impressions, I was ready to storm back to the store and demand a refund, then I read the fine print on their "12 year non-prorated warranty" and they claim body impressions are normal and there is nothing they can do about them. So much for a warranty!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 07:52 AM

111 posts, read 165,340 times
YES!!! I noticed that if I sleep in the middle it is MUCH better also!!! Of course that doesnt help unless we both could sleep there. I was trying to save but I could have had a much better mattress for just a little more money! Oh well.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 18,160 times
Default Lied to!

After being out of my bed for 6 weeks due to damage to my home, I was thrilled to purchase a new bed. We started to buy from another store, but checked out the Original Mattress Factory. The salesperson showed us many & we tried the Foam Mattress. We ASKED the return policy as it isn't detailed on the receipt or the accompanying literature. The salesperson (Store Manager in GA) told us if we weren't "completely satisfied" we could return it 1x within 1 yr. and pay the difference for the upgrade. The feel for us personally hurt terribly from the very first night. We kept it almost 2 weeks to be fair since we never slept on a foam mattress before. When it got to where we literally got out of bed to sleep on a hardwood floor, that was it. He DID NOT tell us if we bought a foam matress and wanted to return it to go with a box spring the differnce would be 25% of the price of the one we bought (approx. another $250)! If we had known, we would have either waited to be sure or purchased a box spring set. The difference between what we want is $30 plus another $40 delivery charge. The Store Manager/Salesperson said he talked to corporate and they refused to do anything. He obviously wanted to protect his commission. also, a foam mattress has literally no spring so the lift you get when getting up from a sitting or sleeping position isn't there. It's hard to turn over in bed having no assist from the springs to reposition yourself. After a sore neck, back, arms, legs and almost $900 after already having been out of my home for 6 weeks, I am severely disappointed in their lack of honesty. We will never shop there again and will not ever refer anyone. We are filing complaints with the BBB, Gov. Office of Consumer Affairs & contacting an attorney. To add insult to injury, the salesperson/manager to our comment that they would lose money but we know they write it off to charity since they can't resell it was...you can also get a write off for selling it at a garage sale! Who pays almost $900 for a new mattress, keeps it 2 weeks, sells it at a garage sale and then shells out another $900?!? They should be ashamed!

Old 07-22-2008, 03:01 PM

897 posts, read 2,824,085 times
I too had a top of the line King sized set from Original Mattress - really needed to replace after one year but ended up keeping it several years.
We too were having to constantly flip - and I loved it when DH traveled so I could sleep in the middle. We also bought a set for our guest room at the same time, still own 10 plus years later - but it is a guest room so it is fine! Sometimes I wish it were a little more uncomfortable like ours became.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:23 PM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liedto View Post
After being out of my bed for 6 weeks due to damage to my home, I was thrilled to purchase a new bed. We started to buy from another store, but checked out the Original Mattress Factory. The salesperson showed us many & we tried the Foam Mattress. We ASKED the return policy as it isn't detailed on the receipt or the accompanying literature. The salesperson (Store Manager in GA) told us if we weren't "completely satisfied" we could return it 1x within 1 yr. and pay the difference for the upgrade. The feel for us personally hurt terribly from the very first night. We kept it almost 2 weeks to be fair since we never slept on a foam mattress before. When it got to where we literally got out of bed to sleep on a hardwood floor, that was it. He DID NOT tell us if we bought a foam matress and wanted to return it to go with a box spring the differnce would be 25% of the price of the one we bought (approx. another $250)! If we had known, we would have either waited to be sure or purchased a box spring set. The difference between what we want is $30 plus another $40 delivery charge. The Store Manager/Salesperson said he talked to corporate and they refused to do anything. He obviously wanted to protect his commission. also, a foam mattress has literally no spring so the lift you get when getting up from a sitting or sleeping position isn't there. It's hard to turn over in bed having no assist from the springs to reposition yourself. After a sore neck, back, arms, legs and almost $900 after already having been out of my home for 6 weeks, I am severely disappointed in their lack of honesty. We will never shop there again and will not ever refer anyone. We are filing complaints with the BBB, Gov. Office of Consumer Affairs & contacting an attorney. To add insult to injury, the salesperson/manager to our comment that they would lose money but we know they write it off to charity since they can't resell it was...you can also get a write off for selling it at a garage sale! Who pays almost $900 for a new mattress, keeps it 2 weeks, sells it at a garage sale and then shells out another $900?!? They should be ashamed!

Are you talking about the Latex mattress from them??
For us, we have had ours for almost two years now ( the Latex) from them and love it, would never have anything different from now on.Thats to bad it did not work our for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte