Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 11:35 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,184,048 times

Advertisements

OMF likes to give the impression that they're a local company. They're based in Cleveland, Ohio.

Also, their claim that they're the only company who makes a two-sided mattress is false. My Sealy mattress has a pillow top on both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 07:13 AM

1,055 posts, read 2,127,829 times
I bought a foam mattress and box set from OFM back in 2006 and have been 100% satisfied. At first I thought I had a squeaky box spring so I called them up, they sent someone out and discovered it was my bed frame, not the box spring. So, I bought a new metal bed frame and the squeaking went away. One satisfied customer here.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:01 AM

1 posts, read 12,874 times
My King OM was the best bed I have ever slept on. When I moved to a different house, smaller room, it was given to my son and his wife. I would have to sedate them and move far far away to get it back. That was 8 years ago.
I bought an 'on sale' Beautyrest several years ago at a friends urging. My next mattress will be an OM. Nothing compares to the comfort!! Also, There was a problem with a coil on the first OM King. They fixed it for free and seemed happy to do it!

Old 09-07-2011, 03:06 AM

1 posts, read 12,679 times
I hate my OMF bed. The side of it gave out quite a long time ago exposing sharp coils. Their coils aren't even protected. I cut my leg on one just the other day. Hopefully I won't get Tetnus. I can't even get out of it on that side anymore and this mattress is nowhere near 12 years old yet. I have a stiff neck in the morning, my back hurts, my hips hurt. There is NO comfortable position I can sleep in. I toss and turn all night. The bed is so heavy I can't turn it by myself. My guest room has a beautyrest bed in it I sleep like a baby in that bed.

I've added about as much cushioining as is humanly possible. It's still way too firm for a pillowtop mattress. In my defense, my ex husband picked the bed out. I personally like a much softer bed and I definitely don't like getting gashes in my legs from getting out of it. That's it! Time for a new bed!

Notice what time it is for me? 5am...yeah I'd say I'm not sleeping well.

Last edited by Tourinfo; 09-07-2011 at 03:18 AM..

Old 09-07-2011, 07:27 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourinfo View Post
I hate my OMF bed. The side of it gave out quite a long time ago exposing sharp coils. Their coils aren't even protected. I cut my leg on one just the other day. Hopefully I won't get Tetnus. I can't even get out of it on that side anymore and this mattress is nowhere near 12 years old yet. I have a stiff neck in the morning, my back hurts, my hips hurt. There is NO comfortable position I can sleep in. I toss and turn all night. The bed is so heavy I can't turn it by myself. My guest room has a beautyrest bed in it I sleep like a baby in that bed.

I've added about as much cushioining as is humanly possible. It's still way too firm for a pillowtop mattress. In my defense, my ex husband picked the bed out. I personally like a much softer bed and I definitely don't like getting gashes in my legs from getting out of it. That's it! Time for a new bed!

Notice what time it is for me? 5am...yeah I'd say I'm not sleeping well.
Man, this is the thread that just won't die!

So, Tour, would you recommend buying one?

Old 12-29-2011, 03:45 AM

1 posts, read 12,349 times
Purchased the plush at over 1100$...first few months were ok...still adjusting so we thought...however, now right at a year...i'm awake at 4am with back pain, neck pain and my legs are numb from pressure points being abused during the night...you feel like you are laying in a hammock or a hole...funny..when we go on vacation to the same place we have been going for years...no problems...wake up refreshed no pain and sleep through the night...when OMF came to our home this past month...he said there was nothing wrong with our bed but he would take it in, have them "glue the pillow top down" at of course a cost of $50 shipping...I'd like to take them to small claims court...I'm tired of spending money on crap!

Old 09-12-2012, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 11,442 times
Thumbs down The Original Ass Factory

I purchased a queen size Euro Top from the ass factory opps I mean Original Mattress Factory. Like several of the other posts here the bed began to sag right in the middle of the bed within 4 months. I called at month 6 when the sagging became worse and the customer service rep said 1 and a half inches of sagging was considered normal. He said I had right at 1 and a half inches of sagging in my bed. So, he took the mattress back to the store to repair it. When it came back it was still sagging in the middle.

I remember when purchasing the mattress the sales rep said their beds do not sag and showed a mattress on display in the factory that was sagging. Her selling point was the ass factory beds never sag in the middle.

Then there is their gaurantee. The smacktory says there is a 100% 1 year gaurantee. However, now if I want to exchange the bed within the 1 year warranty, I have to pay one fourth of the cost of the replacement bed. So, no matter what bed I exchange for, I have to pay one quarter of the cost of the new bed. Im already in on the sagging bed for over 1 thousand dollars. What a joke.

So their real name is the Original Ass Factory. Your ass will be hurting in the morning.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:41 AM

1 posts, read 10,831 times
Angry Original Mattress Factory is a Rip Off!

Do not buy a mattress from this company.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,962 times
Take your time and look at many reviews. I see rick made a coment on Sleep number beds. Remember these come with a 25 yr warranty. Not to mention Consumer reports rates the C2 bed as good as the C4 and is in the top 5. MY friends bought one 5 years ago ad said its the best bed. He has no more back pain. We are seriously considering the C2 bed. The 1300.00 temper-pedica model is also in top 5. Let me ask.. WHY would need to flip the matress every 2 months. Are you kidding. You don't do that with quality mattresses. Just do your research. go to MANY stores, and try out each bed. Everyone has different needs. Do NOT buy over the internet unless you actually try the EXACT matress in a store.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,577 times
We bought a luxury firm queen mattress from OMF, July 2016. In the store it felt fine, but after the first nite, we decided it was much to firm. Also the mattress was to wabbley. It transferred motion all which ways. Like being in a boat that rocks when someone moves. As for the firmness. we slipped some 1" foam under the mattress pad. That helped a little. because of the bouncy motions of this produce, I think its got to go. Didnt notice it in the store!! If the springs had wire attached at angles like wind bracing a metal building that would stop the sideways motion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte